Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lidan/sankairi
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...lidan/sankairi
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I had played frost exclusively up until right before ToS. So I know my stats are a mess and my legendary situation is a joke. So I am just wondering what I can do to improve my rotation in the meantime to bring my performance up to par.
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling. been unlucky with drops i have is all
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.
    I must tell the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadodea View Post
    I know this might be a little late, but here's my 5 cents. I've only looked through a few of your logs (the 2 longest fights), and there are 2 things that can possibly help you. One thing is that you have few uses of Cold Heart, with anywhere from 20-50 seconds (after you've gotten 20 stacks) delay between some of the casts, which is not ideal. You want to stack it up with concordance and unholy strength if possible (they usually align pretty well from my experiences), and of course apocalypse every 2nd cast.

The other thing that I could see was your uptime on Unholy Frenzy, which is pretty low. 31-34% from those 2 good tries is, to put it lightly, not good. You want at least 80% and preferably over 90% if possible. Hope this helps!
    I just now saw this, that last part with the unholy frenzy I am going to try to work on that tonight. thank you so much

Deleted
    Armory:https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...crest/dedziodk
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ByZMh6dcb1CJt9Nm
    I really don't know why i'm doing so small dps compared to top dps UH. Do you find any errors in rotation/anything?

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...mreaver/knoots
    World of Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/characte...mreaver/knoots
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I'm wanting to get back into the top 100 of raiding, but my DPS is nowhere near up to par. Is there anything that I'm missing out on or just generally need to practice? I just got the legendary shoulders this weekend so I don't have any logs with them yet. I feel like I'm not using Scourge Strike enough or using Festering too much. Would really like some feedback on what's "missing".

Amory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lidan/icechaos
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ical&source=42
    Question: So this guy used to be my main back in Cata but I more or less switched mains for WoD and the beginning of Legion. Since then, obviously tons of changes. My questions are pretty simple - "What am I doing wrong?" I read a ton of guides on Icy Veins, looked at some spreadsheets, and I have the gist of what I need to do, but I'd like to know if anything glaring stands out. He's a fresh 110 too (Literally 110 a few days ago and then no-lifed a bit to get geared) and these logs are with me testing out what I could do. I'd appreciate any and all feedback, and feel free to rip me apart

A friend of mine (~50 yo) plays Frost DK but for my optinion he really sucks at it. Can you give me/him some advice to improve his Gameplay.
    Ive seen his logs and they are mostly gray, sometimes green.
    I´d guess he dies a lot, which is really a problem.
    His English is quite bad so English guides, and most of the theocrafting stuff is non existant for him

Spec : Frost DK
    EU / Ambossar / Crassko
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...bossar/crassko

Hey guys,

could use a bit of help, my frost dps is parsing really low. I'm casual, so it's not a big deal, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, and that's kinda frustrating
    I've linked our latest Goroth kill here, but the same applies to Harjatan, for instance.

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...geras/talszbet
    Spec: Frost
    Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

Any help would be appreciated.

Please help me with my DPS! Tell me how YOU melt faces!

Okay folks...I THOUGHT I knew how to dps, but I am parsing super low on Mythic ToS compared to Heroic. I've been in the lower 50th percentile. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I have all the Unholy Legendaries, and primarily use Cold Heart/Shoulders.

Look me up on Warcraft logs (since it wont let me post the link) Pilsberry-Destromath.
    Str: 48.7k
    Crit: 23.3% (7301)
    Haste: 26.1% (9333)
    Mastery: 78.7% (10794)
    Versatility: 4% (1984)

1,558,733 DPS
    ( Pawn: v1: "Pilsberry - Unholy (Raidbots)": Class=DeathKnight, Spec=Unholy, Strength=28.54, CritRating=31.52, HasteRating=20.46, MasteryRating=38.96, Versatility=31.07)

72 Traits, Relics 925(Plaguebearer), 930(The Darkest Crusade), 920(Deadliest Coil)

I pop AoTD at 6-7 sec before pull, prepot, VP on pull, work to 6 stacks of FW, DA/DT, Apoc, DC spam, Fester, rinse and repeat. I try never to cap, and try to spam Scourge Strike whenever I get to 6 stacks of FW.

I just am a loss for what I am doing wrong on these bosses. I've got a 99% uptime on the bosses.

What am I missing?

Okay folks...I THOUGHT I knew how to dps, but I am parsing super low on Mythic ToS compared to Heroic. I've been in the lower 50th percentile. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I have all the Unholy Legendaries, and primarily use Cold Heart/Shoulders.

Look me up on Warcraft logs (since it wont let me post the link) Pilsberry-Destromath.

1,558,733 DPS
    ( Pawn: v1: "Pilsberry - Unholy (Raidbots)": Class=DeathKnight, Spec=Unholy, Strength=28.54, CritRating=31.52, HasteRating=20.46, MasteryRating=38.96, Versatility=31.07)

72 Traits, Relics 925(Plaguebearer), 930(The Darkest Crusade), 920(Deadliest Coil)

I pop AoTD at 6-7 sec before pull, prepot, VP on pull, work to 6 stacks of FW, DA/DT, Apoc, DC spam, Fester, rinse and repeat. I try never to cap, and try to spam Scourge Strike whenever I get to 6 stacks of FW.

I just am a loss for what I am doing wrong on these bosses. I've got a 99% uptime on the bosses.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by introneurotic View Post

1,558,733 DPS

What am I missing?
    The biggest things I can tell based off of looking at your logs without going into a deep dive of them is that your kill times are not very good for unholy, bosses dying a bit before arbiter comes back up sucks. Another thing is that you should almost always run Infected claws over shadow infusion unless your running convergence then take shadow infusion.

Deleted

1,558,733 DPS

What am I missing?
    Your Dark Arbiter damage is way too low, because of wrong opener and bad timing for second arbiter (at your latest Goroth kill), try this one:

- 6 sec pre pull Aotd
    - 1 sec pre pull Prolonged Power
    - Outbreak
    - Chains of ice
    - 2x Festering Strike
    - 6 Wounds = Apocalypse, less then 6 wounds = use another festering strike or hope for infectec claws proc
    - wait for sudden doom proc
    - Outbreak
    - Dark Arbiter
    - Dark Transformation
    - Spam Death Coil
    - Spam Festering Strike & Scourge Strike to get Runic Power
    - Spam Death Coil
    - Try to soak infernal brimstone or meteor with AMS to get some extra Runic Power
    - Normal Rotation
    - Use second Arbiter after Infernal Burning
    - Always keep 3 runes recharging

You should aim for a ~540% buffed Arbiter during Lust. And you should macro your specter of betrayal.

You can check out my logs as well: Lìandra - Onyxia (EU)

Thank you Zarrant. So if we were slower...my dps would be better?

With regards to DA, I notice many DK's are running Fel Oiled Machine. On my stats, Haste has a lower Pawn Score than Crit/Versatility/Mastery, probably due to the 25.14 haste breakpoint. What I am confused about is the use of the Fel Oiled Machine use. Is that just solely used during DA?

Thanks for your help!

I have shitty stats, this is an alt and have had really bad luck with attributes.

I have the bracer leggo and the following stats:

str: 40,788
    haste: 20.30%
    crit: 22.81%
    mastery: 82.87%
    vers: 5.22%

Running 2 2 3 1 3 3 1 not sure if I should be stacking more crit for castigator or keep pushing for more mastery. Bursting Sores over Ebon Fever with the leggo?

Just any advice would be great.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2017-11-17 at 03:34 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    ghostrider42: you used defile every time it was up, but for example at butcher and kargath, it missed many ticks. You should see the boss won't move when you cast it (after/early enough bounding cleave berserker's rush. Also I don't see you using outbreak, why? You waste 2 runes occasionally on applying dots. Plague leech combined with outbreak gives you more Obliterates and blood tap is a significant increase to your dps compared to other talents. I don't see you using potion+pillar of frost either, massive upgrade (but I guess you use pillar of frost and I'm just bad with logs). Also, a swing timer (can be found for weak auras from skulllfower's guide) helps you to hit every single KM on obliterate, no more frost strike KM's.
    It depends though on what you want to accomplish in your team play. Solo in the world is pretty straight forward anything will do. But if you are focusing on mob control outbreak & epidemic is the way to go and save your army of darkness for the boss. There are some exception to this, where tweaking is required but, the reason for this is survivability. The Unholy spec is supposed to be the king of consistency. Unholy has the worst survivability for DKs so keeping your distance from the mob like a mage or warlock does is important. This way you can mob control with outbreak and epidemic and stay safe. When mobs are low or its just the boss with adds coming in that is when you want to use death and decay with defile. In that casting spectrum you can not use dark arbiter and that is ok but you can use dark arbiter with an epidemic + outbreak strategy. For PVP you do not want to use defile anymore, so gargoyle or soul reaper is a good choice for pvp. If you are not doing crowd control then you want to lose epidemic and replace it with pestilent pustules + Ebon fever to boost your V Plague & rune regen instead. However it should be noted that crowd control is the best way to guarantee a damage ratio. Unholy, this way is potentially the highest damage capable with this spec function.
    I Pulled over 300 marks of honor in pvp and hit prestige 2 and ilvl 945 in 2 months with this interchangeable as needed tactic.
    So here is a run down of what i learned is best talent set up not by myself but also studying some pro-players as well...
    Dungeon or Raid runs (mob control): ALL WILL SERVE - EPIDEMIC - CLAWING SHADOWS - SLUDGE BELCHER - SPELL EATER - INFECTED CLAWS - DARK ARBITER
    Dungeon or Raid (power hitter): EBON FEVER - PESTILENT PUSTULES - UNHOLY FRENZY - SLUDGE BELCHER - CORPSE SHIELD - INFECTED CLAWS - DEFILE
    PVP (depending on your teams abilities): BURSTING SORES or ALL WILL SERVE - PESTILENT PUSTULES - UNHOLY FRENZY or CLAWING SHADOWS - ASPHYXIATE - SPELL EATER - INFECTED CLAWS - SOUL REAPER or DARK ARBITER (many prefer dark arbiter but this is only good with BURSTING SORES).
    In pvp it is more important to land Festering wounds and compounding the damage with wounds to burst through festering wound boosts in your talent pane & to use talents that give you better survivability like asphyxiate & spell eater. DEBILITATING INFESTATION can be substituted for Asphyxiate but I do not prefer it because resistance to movement impairing is strong at max level but ASPHYXIATE can be properly boosted through Honor talents. Honor talents should boost your virulent plague or festering sores & your pets depending on which you are using & reduce movement speed of enemies & a double charge of ASPHYXIATE is best.

- - - Updated - - -

1,558,733 DPS

What am I missing?

Boost your crit more, you should have more crit than haste but more mastery than crit but a 38-40% crit 58-62% mastery would be nice for you as long as hast is 20%+. Plus, You can not use one specific talent set up in ToS. Such as your usual preference. Each boss has different mechanics and most have the 3 stages thing. You are going to need to tweak your talent set ups for each boss. For example ToS Harjatan battle - this is one of those battles where crowd control is best and Unholy works best in crowd control, believe me (mages are jealous when I would do this)... take both epidemic & debilitating infest. to boost your virulent plagues & with pandemic honor talent after using outbreak; & also defile to super boost your clawing shadows, must take clawing shadows = BOOM super mob control-destruction - THE BEST. Mage is jealous. But before that fight there is Goroth. It would not make sense to use this talent set up with Goroth. With him use all your festering strike boosters like Ebon Fever, Pestilent pustules, & unholy frenzy and corpse shield which will kill your pet and likely not you when you get one of those nasty fire ball hits. Staying alive, doing consistent damage so that unholy stays the king of consistency. In ToS every talent set up needs to be battle specific. Ever boss fight is different.

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...arthas/defiant
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs: Normal: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xc36KvmZFRLNQznD/
    Heroic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hvRDw8aXTznVgkd9/
    Character name is Defiant
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):
    Generally I'm looking to see what I can do to improve my DPS. I feel like I should be doing better given my ilvl, especially when you view the normal logs. I realize I'm below what I need in terms of haste, but are there any other obvious things jumping out that I can improve upon? Also, I generally don't change my build based on the fights. Perhaps that is something I should look into as well. Aside from those general observations, is there anything else I'm really missing the boat on?

Deleted
    Can someone show me actual Antorus logs. I want to know what talents top raiders uses on the bosses from all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Can someone show me actual Antorus logs. I want to know what talents top raiders uses on the bosses from all specs.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/17
    c

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...geras/gorehowl
    Spec: unholy
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...geras/gorehowl
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): why am I parsing so low, and is it just a case of having to swap frost?

Hey, first of all you have to use your Cooldowns correctly, Start with Outbreak -> Chains -> Festering till 6 Wounds -> Apoc -> Arbiter -> DT -> DC spam -> build up wounds -> burst them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyaa View Post
    Hey, first of all you have to use your Cooldowns correctly, Start with Outbreak -> Chains -> Festering till 6 Wounds -> Apoc -> Arbiter -> DT -> DC spam -> build up wounds -> burst them down.
    My opening sequence is,

Chains, outbreak, festering x2, apocalypse, gargoyle w/horn, dark trans, then spam Death coils.