10+ Year Old Account

Is leveling via fistweaving still viable?

I leveled my monk in MoP solely by fistweaving. It was more optimal for me than WW since I'd pull huge packs, and then just jab->BK till they were all dead, with my healing keeping me alive.

Is this still viable with the reduced healing from fistweaving? I am currently leveling as BrM (again, I really like the gather up everything and then mow it down style), but I am wondering if FW may give me more dps and hence faster leveling.

Leveling as BrM is fine, Keg Smash hits like a truck. Fistweaving will likely be slower, and with less survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suggested BrM leveling gear? 640 weapon + Chest + Legs?
    BrM was my OS in T16 so its only 577 or something at the moment.

If you like to level by pulling lots of stuff then BrM is the only real option. Mistweave would be slow and WW would just go splat. Soloing at WW is painful...

And Fistweaver is not going to keep up with BrM... no way possible for that.

I leveled 90-100 by Fistweaving (576il). It was slow at times, but fun in other scenarios. Sometimes I had to be careful with what I pulled, especially level 96+ mobs, yet it made leveling more exciting in my opinion. As others stated, BrM might be the better option in the long run.

Deleted
    Why not just level WW? Went pretty smooth for me on a boosted Monk (so absolute shitgear).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Suggested BrM leveling gear? 640 weapon + Chest + Legs?
    BrM was my OS in T16 so its only 577 or something at the moment.
    Weapon, chest, Darkmoon tanking trinket. 200+ BA and a crit proc is op while levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    I leveled my monk in MoP solely by fistweaving. It was more optimal for me than WW since I'd pull huge packs, and then just jab->BK till they were all dead, with my healing keeping me alive.

Is this still viable with the reduced healing from fistweaving? I am currently leveling as BrM (again, I really like the gather up everything and then mow it down style), but I am wondering if FW may give me more dps and hence faster leveling.
    No.

Sorry, fistweaving is no option if you are planning on DPS. Its more like a BorePS. You eventually get stuff down but pull more than is good for you (usually less than a BrM would pull) and you're as shafted as a WW.

is there a guide to fistweaving im currently rerolling to a monk so im new to all this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofo View Post
    is there a guide to fistweaving im currently rerolling to a monk so im new to all this
    What priority you do depends on whether you're fistweaving for mana or for damage.

Chi generators

Building mana: Vital Mist Procs (instant surging mist) > Expel Harm > Jab
    Ignore Rushing jade wind/spinning crane kick in cleave if your purpose is to build mana.

Most Damage: Jab Spam only.
    For cleave Spin > Jab spam.

Chi Consumers (Spec'd Pool of mists)

Blackout Kick (To apply or maintain Cranes Zeal) > Tiger Palm (To apply or Maintain Tiger Power) > Rising Sun Kick > Extra Blackout Kicks

The duration you're going to be fistweaving changes the chi consumer priority a little though. Always get cranes zeal up, since crit gives us a mana return. But if you only have 10-30 seconds to fistweave on pull it can give more damage to ignore tiger palm altogether. This is because you'll likely be able to do about 5 straight rising sun kicks (since you start with 3 charges and tiger strikes buff will make a lot of it reset). If you fistweaved for a longer duration and your RSK's weren't frontloaded with full charges. Then tiger power buff would give more damage. If you're pressed for time and have a stack of RSK's to unload then dont put a global/chi into tiger power if it means you're going to swap back to serpent with 1-2 charges of RSK unused.
    It's not super important since it's just damage mini maxing. Main thing for mana is to have cranes zeal up & use mana efficient chi generation I've put above.