Iron Maidens DPS requirements

So we did Normal mode Iron Maidens (or at least tried) with mains during our twinkraidtime and it seems like the DPS requirement on the ship is really high.

Note all the numbers are no accurate and just rounded to make the calculations look a bit nicer.

So for the first ship thingy the adds there have around 14m hp together. Considering you bring 5 DPS and a healer there your have 14m divided by 5 people. They have 90 seconds to kill the adds and klick the bomb so lets say they have 80 seconds to kill the adds giving them some spare time.

14/5 = 2.8m

2.8m/80 = 35k dps per player.

This is for normal mode. So the DPS requirement for Iron Maidens normal mode is higher than for Butcher Mythic. Also this assumes that no shield is getting through (the first one is always kinda close but its dueable to not get a shield). So Either I don't get the concept of the ship thingy or the DPS requirements are really really high.

Am I missing anything to kill that thing faster? Because I feel this is impossible for people with Normal BRF gear.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    You don't have to kill the shaman. Just keep him interrupted, zerg down the miniboss, click bombs, profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydd View Post
    You don't have to kill the shaman. Just keep him interrupted, zerg down the miniboss, click bombs, profit.
    Probably something like this is your issue.

I wasn't on the ship team, but our raid group did heroic maidens recently. Our first few pulls on the boss earlier in the week we seemed to be lacking dps on the ship, when we went there again the ship was no issue at all despite the same people, so I'm presuming they were wasting it killing something they shouldn't.

Might want to make sure you're not doing the same. Fight seemed pretty easy but enjoyable once we got our stuff sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    So we did Normal mode Iron Maidens (or at least tried) with mains during our twinkraidtime and it seems like the DPS requirement on the ship is really high.

Note all the numbers are no accurate and just rounded to make the calculations look a bit nicer.

So for the first ship thingy the adds there have around 14m hp together. Considering you bring 5 DPS and a healer there your have 14m divided by 5 people. They have 90 seconds to kill the adds and klick the bomb so lets say they have 80 seconds to kill the adds giving them some spare time.

14/5 = 2.8m

2.8m/80 = 35k dps per player.

This is for normal mode. So the DPS requirement for Iron Maidens normal mode is higher than for Butcher Mythic. Also this assumes that no shield is getting through (the first one is always kinda close but its dueable to not get a shield). So Either I don't get the concept of the ship thingy or the DPS requirements are really really high.

Am I missing anything to kill that thing faster? Because I feel this is impossible for people with Normal BRF gear.

Thanks in advance
    Healer can be standing where the bombs spawn, so it would take 1 second to click the bombs, not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydd View Post
    This might be the Issue. What does the other guy have? like 8m hp?

(8m/5)/80s = 20k dps

This seems around right

Okay thank you. Does anyone know how much HP this add has in Heroic? And how much health the relevant adds in second and third ship phase have?

@Crushima: I know it would not take that much time it was just an estimate to make it safe cause I am pretty sure you do not want to kill the add at 89 and miss the phase by a ms because it was so close.

Ah, I didn't know that you only had to kill one of them. Explains why even on normal we couldn't do it with only 4 DPS :P

But concerning DPS. Don't forget that getting 35k in a cleave fight is easier than getting 32k on single-target