Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Not sure why you guys are even taking your alts to the instances. It's unnecessary. Extending the lockout is enough, and as long as the alt character still has group lead when your main character accepts the Premade Group Finder invite, you snapshot any active lockouts the leader has and can zone in to them without hassle. Been doing this for the last three weeks without issue after I discovered this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Also 4 shame just copying ownedcores thread about this even with exact title, thread post and video. GG SIR
    You don't think it's the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You don't think it's the same guy?
    ownedcore guy at least gave credit to the guy who posted it first 4 days prior on reddit cant expect the same from mmo champ which is sad LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I prefer my way
    Character A clears the raid in about 20min (uld) - 40mins (Icc) gets about 1000g depending on drops (loot everything)
    Rest of characters do the same over the course of the week.
    Character C (the one sat between the keyboard and the chair) gains amusement level 3 and a chunk of gold from trying to beat clearance times.

Not everything in the game has to be about min-maxing performance. Somethings are done just for fun
    Yeah, and an alternative was posted to "your way" (hurr durr i clear dunjun). Useless comment.

Please help

What the flying feck am I doing wrong. This never works for me. I am logged off with the save charactor and when I log back in with that toon the boss the alt killed shows as killed.

Dude, thank you! THANK YOU!

Clear to Lich King on normal, invite all alts, get saved on all alts, zone in on normal, change to heroic, kill Lich King, loot.
    Should i leave the group with the character i just killed The Lich King with, or should i just disband the group and login to another character, change to normal, reset all instances, zone in and kill him again?

I just typed this up after reading every post in this thread, is this correct?

1 Clear to Lich King on normal.
    2 Invite all alts.
    3 Get saved on all alts.
    4 Zone in on normal.
    5 Change to heroic.
    6 Kill Lich King.
    7 Loot.
    8. Disband group.
    9 Log another character.
    10 Zone in on normal.
    11 Change to heroic.
    12 Kill Lich King
    13 Repeat #9

Note: Keep one character saved and extend the lockout.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mrgibb; 2016-08-26 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    I wouldnt bother extending the lockout.. might aswell get that extra try in there and spend 20mins the week after clearing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Clear to Lich King on normal, invite all alts, get saved on all alts, zone in on normal, change to heroic, kill Lich King, loot.
    Should i leave the group with the character i just killed The Lich King with, or should i just disband the group and login to another character, change to normal, reset all instances, zone in and kill him again?

I just typed this up after reading every post in this thread, is this correct?

1 Clear to Lich King on normal.
    2 Invite all alts.
    3 Get saved on all alts.
    4 Zone in on normal.
    5 Change to heroic.
    6 Kill Lich King.
    7 Loot.
    8. Disband group.
    9 Log another character.
    10 Zone in on normal.
    11 Change to heroic.
    12 Kill Lich King
    13 Repeat #9

You don't need to switch from normal to heroic. I kept a saved 25MH lockout on an alt when I was farming it.

Also - holy necro batman. Thread is going on two years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You don't need to switch from normal to heroic. I kept a saved 25MH lockout on an alt when I was farming it.

Also - holy necro batman. Thread is going on two years old.
    Yeah, the thread is old but I'd figured better to search for a similar thread than creating a new one.

I did this with my Rogue and Demon Hunter, cleared to LK on heroic with rogue, invited demon hunter and accepted the save and killed LK.
    Left group, tried to enter with rogue but then LK was already dead.

I got it to work in Ulduar though...

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    I wouldnt bother extending the lockout.. might aswell get that extra try in there and spend 20mins the week after clearing it again.
    Yeah I know, but I only have two chars at 100 and i got my 93 mage saved aswell and tried to kill him without any luck.
    And I have very limited time to play.

Just tried this again today, and i only managed to kill LK on 2/4 characters... The one that cleared the raid wasn't able to since when I entered the raid after killing LK on 2 other characters, the save said 11/12 (with LK dead)
    Any ideas?