View Poll Results: Race/Class Total Unlock: For or Against?

Voters
685. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I want new lore.

281 41.02%
  • No - Stop trashing the lore.

205 29.93%
  • Maybe - Only if it makes sense in lore.

165 24.09%
  • Other/Don't Care - Explained below.

34 4.96%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    When even a Cow can become a Paladin then all races should become everything they want.

noam dr00d so i can have tiny forms without needing noggenfogger!

Here is a thought. I posted awhile back about a "Peon" class idea, where if you leveled all classes to max lvl, you unlocked Peon. Peon granted you access to any class combination, via Hybrid talents, i.e Resto Hunters.... A tad ridiculous, granted. Yet why not offer some type of incentive for replay ability. For instance, if you unlock all classes, you can now choose any Race/Class combination? Yes, not saying it's fair to "force" people into something, but why not dangle a carrot at the end of a stick if there is an actually pay off for the hard work?

Can even go into specifics, like turning it into a Quest line similar to the warlock green fire. Personally I think it would bring a little more content to the game, and lets face it... everyone has an alt anyway, may be it only low lvl, but everyone dabbles in re-rolls to a point. If you want to re-inviggorate this game some, allows us to completely customize our gaming/player options. Any race/class, sub-races, etc... allow people to put more of a personal touch to their characters.

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Agreed. Genetically, the Draenei are capable of using Fel energy. It's not like the energy would kill them. The Man'ari have been warlocks for millenia, and their only difference is a red hue in their skin. Just like Undead Paladins. If the forsaken could raise every other class, and the Blood Elves could teach them how to bend the light to their own will, just like Forsaken Holy Priests, an Undead Paladin like Sir Zeliek is an absolute possibility.
    They are capable of. But the Dranei who we met on Azeroth are no Warlocks as they're not the Eredars they're led by Velen. If there'd ever be an Eredar race it'd surely have a Warlock class option, but Draenei never.

Btw Other: there could be some combinations like 2-3 that would make sense, but no total unluck. It's a roleplaying game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i keep reading cata combo's butchered lore but no one really backs it up with facts.
    Tauren Paladins. Done.
    Last edited by Koloss; 2015-03-31 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Then why do they crave magic as they do? Are you suggesting they are magic eaters, but not necessarily magic users? And if that's the case, then perhaps Blizzard should have packaged them a little differently than as a race of elves that have been using magic before the other races were even using fire, or the reason why there are human mages within the alliance if that were not true. So, yeah, I'm sure some of them are not, as evidenced by their Rangers, which, once upon a time used mana instead of focus, but throughout Warcraft: Humans and Orcs, WC2 and WC3, high elves were known as archers, mages and priests, and not so much on the end of shock troops or mounted cavalry, so consider that....
    They were constantly bathed in the magic flowing from the Sunwell. It fundamentally changed their race such that they suffer without a constant infusion of magic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Like blood elves, high elves can use arcane magic, but most do not because most high elves are not spellcasters. (WC Encyclopedia)

Against.

It'd remove some of the uniqueness that certain classes have, like Paladins with their mounts, Shamans with their totems and Druids with their forms. A lot of art would be required to make it all work, and we know how that goes with Blizzard. Even aside from aesthetics, it makes the races less unique.

I'd say open up more combos, but definitely leave some out to maintain the uniqueness and lore. Gnome Hunters make sense, Gnome Druids do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'd say open up more combos, but definitely leave some out to maintain the uniqueness and lore. Gnome Hunters make sense, Gnome Druids do not.

While I agree that Gnome Hunters are a much more obvious (and direly missing) choice than Gnome Druids: if Gnomes can learn how to become a Monk from the Pandaren, why wouldn't they be able to learn Druidism from the Night Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    While I agree that Gnome Hunters are a much more obvious (and direly missing) choice than Gnome Druids: if Gnomes can learn how to become a Monk from the Pandaren, why wouldn't they be able to learn Druidism from the Night Elves?
    I guess because Monks doesn't really need any binding to Light or Nature or Demons and shit. Everyone can learn how to be a monk or a warrior as they just use their physical power (even the magic things they do is coming from the Chi which is made from the inside things of body or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    They are capable of. But the Dranei who we met on Azeroth are no Warlocks as they're not the Eredars they're led by Velen. If there'd ever be an Eredar race it'd surely have a Warlock class option, but Draenei never.

Btw Other: there could be some combinations like 2-3 that would make sense, but no total unluck. It's a roleplaying game.

Tauren Paladins. Done.
    Was there any lore that said tauren couldn't be paladins?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Let people play what they want. Though druid forms present a challenge, no way they could create a unique set of forms for every other race.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Nooope. One of the only things that separates (Separated?) WoW from the other generic mmos that every other company can shit out is the flavour of the world. The class restrictions help to contribute towards that.

Learning Martial Arts is still a far cry from shapeshifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Yes. For it.

Some combinations might be a bit cringe-worthy, but then those will simply be outcasts, exceptions to the generel rule of the race. Why not? I doubt 50% of all Tauren would suddenly become Warlocks. What's the problem with 3% evil Tauren becoming Warlocks, for example?
    Yeah, I'm sure some combinations wouldn't really make sense, but you could probably come up with an explanation for most of them if you really wanted and be an outcast, even if it doesn't really fit the overall race. Most races have different factions in them. It wouldn't be too big of a stretch to say that a Grimtotem Tauren decided to abandon his shamanistic ways and become a warlock, for example.

Sub races would probably open up some more race/class possibilities. Going back to the Tauren Warlock example...I'm pretty sure Baine wouldn't approve of it for a Thunder Bluff Tauren, but the exiled Grimtotem members don't really give a shit what Baine thinks. So you wouldn't have the option to be a warlock if you rolled a Thunder Bluff Tauren, but a Grimtotem Tauren would have the option (and maybe the Grimtotem one loses some options like Paladin).