Simcrafting question

Prelude:

I recently ran my lock through a variety of sims with the following variations:

Destro with all crit enchants / gems and every piece of gear I had in my bags with crit and then swapped out to mainly highest ilvl.
    Demo with all mastery enchants / gems and every piece of gear that had haste or mastery over crit.

(I tend to run mastery as I run demo / destro)

I also messed with talents a few times trying to tweak some things as well as a couple of glyph changes.

The max I could achieve was with Demo hitting 25,900 dps in a patchwork sim.

Oddly my destro even with all mastery still managed a 25,400 in the same situation.

Questions:

First question: Are secondary stats worth a lot more than I am realizing? My gear is not ideally secondary stat optimized and my gear is basically whatever I can get my hands on.

Second question: Are the sim results that are posted based on BiS or do they include 4p tier? I am asking because at the 665 ilvl it shows destro being 31k (ahead of both of my specs currently at 669).

**nvm Self answered I looked it up and it appears to include the 4p tier bonus.
    Last edited by icedlight; 2015-02-09 at 07:25 PM.