Having Some trouble with SEF

So I've got a few questions about this....
    If there are 3 targets and I switch targets, do I have to cancel all 3 SEF to reapply them to the correct target? I seem to have trouble with their damage and managing them. I feel like I waste a lot of time/dps trying to get them on the correct target.

Also, i'm using a mouse over macro, but on fights where they are moving a lot it's sometimes hard to get SEF on the right targets.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thaynia View Post
    So I've got a few questions about this....
    If there are 3 targets and I switch targets, do I have to cancel all 3 SEF to reapply them to the correct target? I seem to have trouble with their damage and managing them. I feel like I waste a lot of time/dps trying to get them on the correct target.

Also, i'm using a mouse over macro, but on fights where they are moving a lot it's sometimes hard to get SEF on the right targets.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
    You can click the target you want to take your clone off and hit SEF again to remove the clone, which you can re apply to another target. Using mouseover macros just take practice. I try to use my boss frames if I'm struggling, but sometimes there is just little you can do if they are grouped up.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I don't use a mouse-over macro for this reason. I have a Set Focus and Target Focus keybind instead, so I basically save my focus, put out my clones and then swap back to my focus again. It's also worth having a /cancelaura macro to quickly remove both your clones, but the short answer is that for 3 targets, if you swap to the same target as an SEF clone, re-casting SEF removes *just* that clone.

7+ Year Old Account
    In addition to the tips posted already you should also consider not switching to a different target if possible. You're asking a somewhat general question, so if a specific encounter allows you to plan ahead, simply put out your clones once and then stay on your target. That's not possible or optimal every time but minimizing the number of times you have to manage your clones is IMHO the first thing you should consider.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman