Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post How fast do you guys type?

Hey, I've been playing on the pc from a very early age, so now, being 15, my best race on typeracer.com is 145WPM, and my average is about 110wpm.
    I'm curious about how fast other gamers type.

Oh, and I've got a habit where I use capslock to type capital letters instead of shift. I don't think it's slowing me down much, though.
    Last edited by Xarnius; 2015-02-09 at 09:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That website will never be able too fully show me how fast i type because the way i type is a lot different from the way you have to type on that website.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Here's the link form of what OP is using for anyone wanting to play.

Told me 76 WPM, 97.5% accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Err lol click link and hit "practice" is what I did.

Got 70WPM with only one hand.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

I get around 120WPM with 98% accuracy. I feel like I need to be more consistent though.

I don't entirely understand the point of an accuracy meter if it makes you retype the word until it's correct. Accuracy is irrelevant in this case because the effect of such is already rolled into WPM. Take for instance a man who types at 100 WPM with 1% accuracy, what relevance does accuracy have in this context? I think it would make a lot more sense should it continue on when an error is made and let accuracy be a gauge of how many errors the person makes while typing at that speed.

94 WPM. (Second attempt, the first time I forgot to capitalize the first letter and just wrote the entire passage out without realizing, oops)

10+ Year Old Account
    I got like 40-something wpm the first time with around 92% accuracy.

Redid it because "unprepared for that ass whooping that is my little understanding of how it worked", and got 69 wpm with 96% accuracy.

Gave up with that improvement.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Eh... about 40-60ish WPM or something. I don't rest my fingers on the textured keys like you see other people do.

Last time I tested, I was doing 65-70 WPM with a 95 WPM peak. My 10-key skills were really high, but I don't remember the exact measurements used. (It was something like 4000 is average, and I was testing 8000). That was quite a few years ago though, and I've been doing data-entry all that time, but I've gotten a little older so my hands are less agile. Couldn't be sure whether I am as fast, faster or slower these days.

Last test I did on typingtest.com showed 120WPM. It's been a while, and I can't remember the accuracy, but it was reasonably high.

The teacher who taught me to type in 6th grade was really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    I don't entirely understand the point of an accuracy meter if it makes you retype the word until it's correct. Accuracy is irrelevant in this case because the effect of such is already rolled into WPM. Take for instance a man who types at 100 WPM with 1% accuracy, what relevance does accuracy have in this context? I think it would make a lot more sense should it continue on when an error is made and let accuracy be a gauge of how many errors the person makes while typing at that speed.

94 WPM. (Second attempt, the first time I forgot to capitalize the first letter and just wrote the entire passage out without realizing, oops)
    My first post was retarded, I kept rereading your post the wrong way. 10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english has the system you're looking for, but the test is a lot easier(depending on your reading skills) since the words are randomly placed, no commas or periods, just a few capital letters, random words, the accuracy system you're looking for.

Deleted
    73 WPM on that page. It really shouldn't make you have to retype the word if you spell it wrong and I have an awful time differing between comma and period on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyari View Post
    73 WPM on that page. It really shouldn't make you have to retype the word if you spell it wrong and I have an awful time differing between comma and period on it.
    Perhaps http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english will suit you better.

On typical internet writing speed tests, around 100 wpm. Doesn't really say anything real, though. When writing short stories, I end up around 30 wpm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fastest recorded on typeracer was 123wpm. It was a pretty easy test though. Was all on the lower half of the keyboard for the most part, if I remember correctly. Was like 16th on the front page of the website for like 3 hours. Felt accomplished.

Average is about 98-107wpm with about 96% accuracy. Red switches still through off my typing game lol. They are too sensitive at times so I end up grazing the backspace or some button and have to delete and redo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Perhaps http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english will suit you better.
    Words per minute (WPM) 118
    Keystrokes 601
    (589 | 12)
    Correct words 116
    Wrong words 2
    You are better than 99.33% of all users (position 1153 of 171597 - last 24 hours)

Deleted
    I'm the fastest typer this world has ever seen. no proof, but I'm no pouser.

80ish is the fastest i've done, but my actual speed is around 60.

inb4 90% of mmo champion can type over 100 wpm.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2015-02-11 at 12:53 PM.

I type slower than I can think. Not a WPM measure, but it gets pretty annoying at times when I need to get some thoughts noted down. I do however type faster on a keyboard than on paper with a pen.

PS: this post typed in 40 seconds.

I only type with 4 fingers and I type faster than most do with a full set of hands.