Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

having argument with my mother

So first some background. I'm 20 years old and live with my mom. My mom is extremely lazy. She hasn't worked in 10 years and doesn't even bother looking for a job. All her income comes from wealthcare.

She doesn't do anything in the house either. If I don't do it no one will. All she does is do groceries and cook once in a while.

A few weeks ago her laptop broke and she's too lazy to go fix it. I even offered to go with her multiple times.

So today I started my new job and was working from 15:00 till 19:00. From the moment I left she went on my computer. So I come home at 19:30 and she's still on it. I ask if I can get on my PC. She says after her episode is finished which is more than an hour. So after complaining and a minor argument I give in. I go to the kitchen to do the dishes (who else will) and take the trash outside.

Half an hour passed, I come into my room and she's watching something entirely different. She says she has the right to sit on my PC as long as she wants because she pays for the internet. I tell her I'm exhausted from work and want to relax a bit before going to bed. She starts yelling, calling me selfish, etc etc.

Who is wrong here? What are your opinions on the matter?

If you fix her laptop, that will free up your PC for your own use right? If so, would you consider getting her laptop fixed for her? I know she should do it herself, but from your description, that does not seem like it will happen.

It sounds like she's got her own other issues she needs to deal with too. Like said above, maybe some form of depression. It can be brutal...

Deleted
    Fix her craptop and save up enough money to put a down on a one bedroom flat or move in with roomies.

Sucks but that's life.

You cannot fix your mothers behaviour unless she's willing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like your mom has depression and should go see someone about it. This behavior isn't normal.

Not only is she your mom but she's also providing you a place to live. Do you have a right to your computer? Sure. However this situation is not likely to get better -- you either should get your mom help, or move out. Fighting with her isn't likely to be beneficial to either of you.

Well your Mom sounds depressed. And 15:00 to 19:00 man those 4 hours must have really taken its toll on you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Well your Mom sounds depressed. And 15:00 to 19:00 man those 4 hours must have really taken its toll on you!
    Maybe he does heavy lifting or whatever.

May be overly harsh and there's probably a perfectly good reason for why you're still living at home but....

You're 20. Don't like your mom's rules/thoughts/priorities? Move out.

Deleted
    I did 6-9 hours on nights just walking around a warehouse.

Easiest job I had.

4 hours of heavy lifting like Nyshade suggested would be harder.

And depression requires the sufferer to realize they need help, or failing that be sectioned if serious enough.

Put a password on your laptop ^_^

Deleted
    +1 on that password

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    May be overly harsh and there's probably a perfectly good reason for why you're still living at home but....

You're 20. Don't like your mom's rules/thoughts/priorities? Move out.
    I fully agree with this statement. Don't be a 20-year-old-know-it-all-punk kid. Put yourself in her shoes and encourage her (in a polite and respectful manner) to seek psychiatric care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a better job and move out. It's not going to get any better. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Put a password on your laptop ^_^
    Great idea if you want to escalate the problem.

Talk to her. You will be surprised what can happen if you simply listen to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you obviously just started a part time job (4 hour shifts aint gonna buy you shit, btw) so I'm sure you're fairly poor

So

Change that and move out
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You should kill her, stuff her body, and then constantly invite women back to your house while talking about your mother in a creepily obsessive manner.
    Is your name Nixx or Norman?

10+ Year Old Account
    call a friend, ask if they want to get a place together and move out

depends on what job you have, some of us work harder than others

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You should kill her, stuff her body, and then constantly invite women back to your house while talking about your mother in a creepily obsessive manner.
    Really, I don't see any other alternatives.

Get more hours save some cash and move out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    +1 on that password
    that is just going to cause more disputes since she already thinks she is entitled to use his computer

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Maybe he does heavy lifting or whatever.
    Must have been some serious heavy lifting if he got oh so tired after 4 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.