Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    OP is retarded, do yourself a favor and stop playing the game because you can't handle losing.
    You are a whiny little bitch.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-02-10 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgemented View Post
    You should really AFK out then. Might as well leave the BG if you aren't going to contribute, even in the E-Peen contest on the scoreboard.

The achievements for winning AB 1400-1500 exist for reasons man...

You want conquest points, but you stated clearly that you aren't interested in the conquest part of pvp.
    No.

I will actually explain to you why as I have got plenty of time afking shadowmelded here.

Afking out would give me the Deserter Buff. The Deserter Buff would prevent me to join instantly a new bg as soon the current one ends, thus nullifying my chances to join AV or IoQ that we always win. It is a matter or time lost vs time gained. I just don't have the time to waste.

Even someone like you should get the above.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Okay at this point I'm about 80% sure you're trolling, but whatever, I'll keep biting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Afking out would give me the Deserter Buff. The Deserter Buff would prevent me to join instantly a new bg as soon the current one ends, thus nullifying my chances to join AV or IoQ that we always win. It is a matter or time lost vs time gained. I just don't have the time to waste.
    DUH. That's why the debuff exists. To prevent people who afk the second they think they have an excuse, from spam queing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna go ahead and point out to everyone to be careful with your wording. People have different viewpoints of the game which is fine, but don't call other people trolls whatsoever. Report and move on if you think someone is trolling.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Oh come on, can we already stop this non-sense about Horde winning more please?

On every single character I have, I won around 60% Battlegrounds I played. I have two Alliance characters and one Horde character.

I noticed when I am gearing up I lose significantly more often, since I have full PvP gear (Honor one with some Epics) I lose only every third or fourth Battleground. I am starting to believe that people who are complaing about losing are those who just throw blame on others and do nothing to secure a win for their faction.

If you are playing Alliance I advice you to avoid SotA and EotS, those are Battlegrounds where I lose the most. Silvershard Mines isn't great either, but at least it is a fun Battleground.
    I dunno how it looks from Alliance perspective but as Horde player(with blacklisted AV and IoC) I see that 70-80% of Alliance opponents doesn't rly know what to do on bg, even if my team got pretty bad players we are still able to win easily. Yesterday I did bgs for 8 hours and lost 3 + 2 when i joined in the middle of lost bg.

I am waiting for the Ashran pop up to go buy a purple weapon.

This toon hasn't been active since Vanilla (2005-2006) so all its stats are from this month of February.

AV Battles/Won: 10/9
    AB Battles/Won: 10/8
    Gilneas Battles/Won: 9/5
    EotS Battles/Won: 16/0 (Blacklisted)
    SotA Battles/Won: 1/0 (Blacklisted)
    Twin Peaks Battles/Won: 14/10
    WSG Battles/Won: 9/6
    Silv Mines Battles/Won: 2/1
    Kotmogu Battles/Won: 9/3
    IoQ Battles/Won: 17/15
    Deepwind Gorge Battles/Won: 19/10
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised you have such struggles with EotS as alliance. SotA has always been the major culprit for me, and the only one I consider vorth vetoing instead of having both AV/IoC vetoed. Do note that when I run bgs I do it for the pvp, I think AV and IoC don't offer the right kind of pvp to me, and because having those vetoed drastically can reduce wait time to get into a bg as alliance.

Also I mostly run bgs with friends only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really haven't got the incentives right in WoD.

BGs: Useless once you have full 620 set. There are enough bots running around right now that it's not easy to win random BGs, unless you luck into something your faction dominates (such as Ally dominating AV/IOC). BGs are a completely inefficient way to farm conquest points if you are actively playing your character. Botters are using it to farm CP, figuring they'll win 50% of the time and hell they are probably afk anyway so what do they care how many matches it takes to cap?

What I would change for BGs: Raise the honor cap from 4k to something like 100k. Add vanity items that can be purchased for high amounts of honor point currency, such as mount reskins, pets, transmog sets, etc. At least it would give regular players with Conquest gear a reason to go back in there and actively play.

RBGs: RBGs are a lot of fun if you like organized team play, which I do. However, the ranking system is actually a disincentive to play. By that I mean people want to play the absolute bare minimum of matches possible, and win all 3, and then not go back for a week. This really makes it such that if you *like* playing RBGs, you can't do it often. The ranking system also turns people into utter jackasses.

What I would change about RBGs: Leave the conquest rewards in place. Ditch the ranking system entirely. If people wanna RBG to conquest cap while losing half their matches, let them.

Arenas: Ahh, arenas, where the FOTM wins and everyone else cries. 2v2 is borken. 3v3 is... marginally ok but not really. 5v5 is better.

What I would change about Arenas: Only 5v5 matches earn Rankings. Leave the conquest rewards in place for all 3 match sizes, so if you would rather grind your weekly CP out in 2v2 instead of RBG, you can do that.

Ashran: So broken I don't even know where to start. Incentives are all wrong. Event and match timers are all wrong. Queue system is all wrong. Guidance for new players inside it is absolutely nonexistent, which has led to a few players who figured out how to game it leading vast armies of mostly afk people around the zone killing events or whatever. At this point, I'm unsure anything can save it. I'm going to try to maintain an open mind and see if the new queue system in 6.1 fixes anything. We'll see.

I didn't read the whole thread, but there are already quite a few ways (if not a lot) to spend honor after you get your blue gear, such as old seasons sets and weapons, mats and heirlooms. I actually enjoy stomping people with my main while carrying my friends alt, maybe pvp isn't your thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bkw View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread, but there are already quite a few ways (if not a lot) to spend honor after you get your blue gear, such as old seasons sets and weapons, mats and heirlooms. I actually enjoy stomping people with my main while carrying my friends alt, maybe pvp isn't your thing.
    I think the only trouble is that those ways to spend honor you mention are really old, as in have been in game for many years now. Those of us who have been playing for a long time have bought it all. If you are in that situation, then there's nothing to do with your honor besides burn it for Seals (if you also pve), or buy blue items to disenchant for dust. The honor mounts, for example, have literally been ingame since Classic.

Transmog, mount reskins, and pets work really well for sopping up excess honor, but new items must be added on a fairly regular basis. Heck even being able to trade honor for the BOP tradeskill items would be a useful sop.

Unranked PVP doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Unranked PVP doesn't matter.
    I think thats the point. We are discussing ways of making it matter.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Arenas: Ahh, arenas, where the FOTM wins and everyone else cries. 2v2 is borken. 3v3 is... marginally ok but not really. 5v5 is better.

What I would change about Arenas: Only 5v5 matches earn Rankings. Leave the conquest rewards in place for all 3 match sizes, so if you would rather grind your weekly CP out in 2v2 instead of RBG, you can do that.
    Wait, what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think thats the point. We are discussing ways of making it matter.
    How would it ever matter. It's unranked for a reason. OP wants conq points for doing normal BGs when there's already a million ways to get conq points. RBGs are NOT impossible to get into. There's pages of yolo RBGs made every hour.

3. Award Conquest points for winning a single battleground outside the Bonus Battlegrounds system. Currently, Conquest Points are not awarded when one wins a BG selected through "Specific Battlegrounds".

I have started playing in Dec 2005. I never played Arena, nor do I ever want to play Arena, and RBG groups are impossible to get into, so the only avenue that remains is Battlegrounds.
    I want mythic raiding gear, however I don't wan't to raid at that level or that difficulty. I should get mythic raiding gear for dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2015-02-10 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't have the time to waste.
    There you go...the thread in one sentence.

I want mythic raiding gear, however I don't wan't to raid at that level or that difficulty. I should get mythic raiding gear for dungeons.
    I do not want your fake raiding gear. WoD is not WoW and WoD raiding is not proper raiding. I raided when it really mattered, in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.

You can keep your fake raiding gear to yourself. I do not want any of it. If I wanted to raid, I'd join a private TBC server and raid there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsyer View Post
    How would it ever matter. It's unranked for a reason. OP wants conq points for doing normal BGs when there's already a million ways to get conq points. RBGs are NOT impossible to get into. There's pages of yolo RBGs made every hour.

I dont mean making it matter by giving it CP. Just making it matter by making it worth doing. I do arena for CP, but i think random BGs are fun. I just dont have incentive to do them. When i play them i have fun but in a weird way i feel guilty like im wasting my time. Obviously in the grand scheme of things, playing the game itself is a waste of time, but what i mean is i feel like i can do something more "productive" in the game. Like leveling an alt, or grinding arena rating or something. If there was some other reward besides honor, or something to spend honor on that was actually somewhat useful, i think more people would play them.

Yes, the role matching system is shithouse, BGs should demand even healer numbers and should lock you to your spec when you enter.

I am typing this while I am afking shadowmelded in that Gilneas new battleground.

I have played quite a lot of BG's in the last few days to gear up one of my toons, and I have got the following recommendations to make:

1. Do not allow a battleground to start if one of the two sides has got no healers. Almost everytime my team loses, we lose b/c we have no healers. There is nothing less fun and more frustrating than playing with no healers against a team with 2-3 Holy Loladin healers. Worst experience in this game.

2. Presently, there is no incentive for me to try at all once it is clear that my team will not win a BG. I shadowmeld and read newspaper, and that b/c honor is useless after one has got the full blue pvp set and is thus after only conquest points.
    Might also have something to do with all of your BGs having one night elf who's dead weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I dunno how it looks from Alliance perspective but as Horde player(with blacklisted AV and IoC) I see that 70-80% of Alliance opponents doesn't rly know what to do on bg, even if my team got pretty bad players we are still able to win easily. Yesterday I did bgs for 8 hours and lost 3 + 2 when i joined in the middle of lost bg.
    It is exactly the same from Alliance perspective. Nor Horde or Alliance is really better, it just majority of players have no idea what they are doing. In every Battleground there are 3-5 players who know what to do and win it for the rest.

In my opinion winning Battlegrounds is about knowing role of your class inside said Battleground. Now I am not talking about Healer or DPS role, every class has a different set of skills making them better than others for certain situation. I play very differently on my Warlock and Warrior, on a Warlock I go more into defense as Warlocks are able to withstand a lot of damage and have good CC. On the other hand on a Warrior I always go on an offensive, they are especially good at killing enemy Flag Carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    EotS stats are still bugged, doesn't record wins.
    I checked it inside game, viewing counted wins on Veteran achievment.

It does say I won two battles of EotS, so it means my success rate in EotS is overwhelming 16%.

Deleted
    I do not want your fake raiding gear. WoD is not WoW and WoD raiding is not proper raiding. I raided when it really mattered, in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.

You can keep your fake raiding gear to yourself. I do not want any of it. If I wanted to raid, I'd join a private TBC server and raid there.
    You sure refuted my point. No wait, you just bragged about being a part of WoW during some of it's biggest periods, my mistake.

By the way, this arena season is pretty fake too if you want to compare it to how the game used to be. Twice as many spells, levels of the spells, rating requirements for gear. So getting on a high horse isn't going to help any.