Thread: Shackle Undead

Shackle Undead

So I was trying to get into some trash farming runs for BRF, seems the only DPS people take are ones with CC, which got me wondering. Is it time Shackle Undead CC'd more targets than just Undead mob types? I know I'd like to play my class more if I could help CC. When you've got hunters that can CC 2 targets at a time, I wouldn't see it being OP if a Spriest could CC 1.

Thoughts?

The argument that Blizz and posters after me will use is that Shadow has other CC options and that opening up Shackle to becoming a hard CC in the style of Polymorph would make Priest too good at CC in PVP. Which I would reluctantly have to agree with if we're considering Silence as a CC instead of just a ranged interrupt. Shackle still gets used occasionally, but I would rather see Shackle removed and a new utility added in its place.

I understand, and it makes a lot of sense, maybe a Glyph to make it useable on humanoids but unable to be used in PvP?

A Glyph would be interesting, the current shackle glyph isn't useful too often so they could take a look at that.

Outside of shackling ghouls/gargoyles/lichborne DKs, there's almost no use for it. Wouldn't mind it turning into a hard CC, since as priests, our only other CC is talented; They can even turn some shitty talent like Mind Control into something like Evil is a POV.

edit: Oh yeah I sometimes Shackle one of those things in Burial Grounds that casts Rending Voidlash for about 0.7 seconds before Blood Boil takes it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all abilities have to be "universally useful." DKs, for example, still have control undead, which only controls one type of enemy, and even then Blizzard is pretty on top of ensuring it doesn't work on any enemies in contemporary raids or dungeons.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Sometimes I mind control a mob and make it spin slowly in circles pretending that it is cced

Then it runs out or someone breaks it with damage and I get aggro and die

Just remove shackle and give us back our sleep.

Homophobia is so gay.