We Are the Dwarves! - indie real-time action game

Right, haven't seen a thread about this little in-development title and me being the lover of all things bearded and mountain-living, wanted to help raise awareness for it it cause I think it looks pretty cool, also it has been green-lit on steam (Most of of this info will be from their steam page/website/kick starter page directly)

"‘We Are the Dwarves!’ is a story-driven real-time tactical action game about the three dwarven astronauts in the Stone Universe looking for the warm and bright Stars. An accident with the drill-like Starship brought them to an unknown part of the Universe, pushing into dangerous circumstances, but that’s where the adventure begins! The dwarves will meet ancient races and giant monsters on their mission and it's up to you, who commands the trio, how to deal with them. Depending on what you want from the game - stealth or slasher - you can choose how to play with your dwarf team.

As opposed to the Universe we live in, everything is inverted here: the space void between stars and planets is replaced by unlimited Eternal stone, and life is possible only in the rare hollows. All life forms in this Stone Universe are gathered around the Stars – magical giant crystals, which give light and warmth.
    Dwarves - one race among many, are at the edge of extinction, because the Stars have mysteriously gone out. Forcer, Smashfist and Shadow are the only survivors of a drilling starship expedition, and their mission is to find a new Star for the dwarven folk."

Singleplayer control of one to three characters;
    Real-time tactical combat in a unique setting;
    Stealth or slasher mode - depending on player;
    Active game pause and sequence of moves (stack of commands);
    Environment interactions, natural traps.

• Engaging protagonists, with drastically different abilities and tempers, and a fantastic story behind them;
    • Unique world of the Stone Universe, where stone replaces the void between planets and stars and hollows replace planets. The Dwarves are astronauts, drilling through the Eternal Stone to the new stars;
    • Enemies with personal and collective mind, senses to “see”, ”hear”, ”smell the trace” and communicate with each other;
    • Active game pause for the creation of complex tactics, an ability to choose between the stealth and slasher scenario of each level;
    • Environment that presents its own dangers with acid lakes and toxic clouds. You can also meet Stars with totally unpredictable features, such as unsteady gravity, serious temperature falls or even destructive sound waves, so fast and sharp, that can cut any material in the Stone Universe

It looks like combat will be action based, like say diablo, as you control a character and hack and slash/shoot your way through the world or you can pause and control it tactically with commands for all 3 dwarves like KOTOR or Dragon age: Origins and what not.

Some gif examples of gameplay (couldn't find any of the melee/axe dwarf)

I personally think it's a neat idea, especially with the lore. The whole universe is made of unending stone and stars are giant life-giving crystals and hollows/caves make up what we would call 'planets'. Some may ask, why bother making such a big post about some indie game, well, when was the last time we got a good game that had dwarves as the main center of story? Also cause beards.

Official Website (still seems WIP) - http://wearethedwarves.com/
    Steam page - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=279855788
    facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/wearethedwarves

Sounds like a cool game! The interface looks a bit mobile-ish, but it seems like a fun game one could dump several hours into for lots of fun. Stealth mechanics and dwarves. How can it get any better?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2015-02-10 at 05:14 PM.

Ya, not often you see a stealth dwarf with daggers and a bow. Usually dwarves and stealth don't really go together but it looks like it could work with this. Knowing me though, I'd probably play it as the big axe wielder and just chop up guys xD

Thanks for the info. This looks awesome. I share your love of all things Dwarven and am very interested.

Shame it's not multiplayer. My friends on Steam are starting to get bored with some of the multiplayer selections we have and been looking for new stuff. But yeah, I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this one.

Looks like their website ( http://wearethedwarves.com/ ) was updated and has new info on the main page. Still seems wip though

also gotta say, really like their art style with this