Help needed for our Shadow Priest

Hi folks and apologies if this kind of threads are not allowed here but they are over at the mage forum so I thought: why the heck not.

So our shadow priest has always been awesome, amazing and really a cool customer but in this expac, he hasn't been pulling his weight so I thought I'd come here for some expert help since Shadow Priests are one of the 3 specs/classes I do not play (yet).

He will probably kill me when he sees this but as a raid leader my position is a tricky one.

So here's his armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efred/advanced

And a couple of logs:

Operator HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13
    Gruul HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gcFJB#fight=11

These reports contain more fights but he died in most of them so the results are useless.

PS. Yes, we suck and we know so please don't judge us too harshly but at least help our SPriest improve. The rest are trying!

Somehow he missed casting about 12-13 Mind blasts throughout the fight (so he's not using it on CD). He also generated 58 shadow orbs which is enough for 19 Devouring plagues, and he only cast 15. Some napkin math reveals that if we add in the missed mind blasts(conservatively) and devouring plagues: (427,140mb + 526,533dp) 953,673 more damage could have been delt(which puts him around 28-28.5k). As far as what he's using instead, I have a sneaking suspicion he is overcasting Mind Spike(I typically have both mind spike and mind blast at nearly the same number of casts). Which also leads me to believe he's not doing his rotation correctly, it looks like he has a few too many casts of VT and SW:P as well. After looking over the logs again, you should make him get rid of the shadow word death glyph, and make him use movement speed on mind flay or reverse life grip(is actually amazing for movement on many many fights once you get used to it)

As a shadow priest you always cast MB on CD even if you lose a tick or two of insanity. This has been mathed out many times, you should ask him to read over www.howtopriest.com and look at the rotation because after looking at your logs, he's doing something wrong.

Here's my log on gruul for comparison: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=4&source=16
    Last edited by Zlebar; 2015-02-10 at 05:46 PM.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

only 32 MS? What the hell is he filling in between Shadowweaving ?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    only 32 MS? What the hell is he filling in between Shadowweaving ?
    Train Boss:
    Between mind seering and casting a glyphed SWeath I see how he had so little Mind Spikes, he should be sniping low mobs with death not using the glyphed version which makes the spell useless and terrible. Was it correct? no, certainly not lol.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    These reports contain more fights but he died in most of them so the results are useless.
    maybe that's the reason of it all? :O :P
    Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    PS. Yes, we suck and we know so please don't judge us too harshly but at least help our SPriest improve. The rest are trying!
    You're doing absolutely fine, going from your ilvl and the amount of mythics killed(and 685 gears looted) from HM.

I don't have time to check logs as for now, but what I can say from quick speculation of his armory-he uses a lot of haste in enchants and gems and therefore he puts it over Spriest soft cap. He could have more mastery for better single target, or more crit for halo cleaves.
    Also his weapon is not the best... I checked several of your casters, most of them got weapon/offhand better than your priest, and therefore you should not expect much.

Edit: guys from above mentioned that he really loves to ignore DPSing. Are you one of the raidleaders who require SP to cast PoM on CD? :0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.