SimC and 2piece bonus

Do i need to re-arrange the action priority list on simc to take advantage of the 2 piece bonus?

Currently it reads:
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.react&(!talent.barrage.enabled|cooldown.barrage.remai ns>0)
    actions.aoe+=/barrage
    actions.aoe+=/black_arrow,if=!ticking
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_shot,if=active_enemies<5

Should it be changed to:
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.react&(!talent.barrage.enabled|cooldown.barrage.remai ns>0)
    actions.aoe+=/barrage
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_shot,if=active_enemies<5
    actions.aoe+=/black_arrow,if=!ticking

This way explosive shot is always used before black arrow is used, ensuring it resets its cd?

Switching the two doesn't change my sim results at all, but in Azor's guide ES is above BA in the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Switching the two doesn't change my sim results at all, but in Azor's guide ES is above BA in the priority.
    yeah same here, getting similiar dps

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    yeah same here, getting similiar dps
    Remember that 30 second cooldown on Black Arrow? Swapping the priority order there is going to delay BA extremely rarely, and for very little time, and vice-versa. So it is no real surprise that it makes almost no practical or discernable difference. (I would expect it to approximate noise, TBH.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Remember that 30 second cooldown on Black Arrow? Swapping the priority order there is going to delay BA extremely rarely, and for very little time, and vice-versa. So it is no real surprise that it makes almost no practical or discernable difference. (I would expect it to approximate noise, TBH.)
    Does that mean in practice, it doesnt really matter if we use black arrow first or explosive shot first with 2piece bonus?

7+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine it depends on the circumstances, personally I've got the 4-Set so using the Explosive shot before Black arrow grants me an extra 3 seconds of Multistrike damage.
    If I then get a scales proc, my MS damage increase will last the entirety of the proc, I doubt it takes a genius to see that it would be a gain.

TLDR; Having the 4-Set should effect how you use the 2-set to the fullest, and sims should reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Does that mean in practice, it doesnt really matter if we use black arrow first or explosive shot first with 2piece bonus?
    I doubt it would make any significant difference either way; the damage from ES can't be clipped or anything, so getting BA on their followed by three ES, or ES, BA, ESES shouldn't really change anything much up. (Note: have not simmed this myself, but I can't think of any reason it would make a difference here.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I doubt it would make any significant difference either way; the damage from ES can't be clipped or anything, so getting BA on their followed by three ES, or ES, BA, ESES shouldn't really change anything much up. (Note: have not simmed this myself, but I can't think of any reason it would make a difference here.)
    Well BA resets the CD of ES, so ES>BA>ES>ES>ES is going to give more ES than BA>ES>ES>ES because in the second case we ignore the CD reset aspect of LnL. Shouldn't make a huge difference either way. I got the 2 set last night and it felt natural to basically ignore this issue and only consider the case when both are off CD, in which case I just ES and then BA.

10+ Year Old Account
    added with our 4 set it could be better, thats an extra 3 seconds of 15% multistrike damage. will be nice on pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwee View Post
    I can imagine it depends on the circumstances, personally I've got the 4-Set so using the Explosive shot before Black arrow grants me an extra 3 seconds of Multistrike damage.
    If I then get a scales proc, my MS damage increase will last the entirety of the proc, I doubt it takes a genius to see that it would be a gain.
    Each ES extends the 4-set bonus by 3 seconds, so it's generally up >95% of the fight anyway. Basically the occasional trade is the full-cost ES vs. an extra tick of BA damage (since you start BA earlier). In all the sims, the difference is small at least in part because the timing conflict is rare.