Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    fitness three days a week+no meals after 6 pm, I lost 5kg in 1 month

I've been keeping my weight off by exercising and STICKING TO THE SCHEDULE. While I may stray in the foods that I eat sometimes I know that I will burn off most (or at least some) of what I'm eating. So I have been very slowly burning off the fat over the last couple years.

As long as you stick to the exercise or the diet, you'll succeed (although both is certainly the best).

If you eat healthy 6 days of the week you can eat like shit 1 day of the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Nah its 80% diet, 20% exercise. Dancing definitely helps but you could dance all day and not lose any weight if you eat like a monster.
    Eating like a monster is a terrible term.
    It is about calories, not about amounts of food. 400g of steamed vegetables =/= 400g of pasta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Healthy is a tricky term. Some people utilize weird "healthy" stuff, like paleo diets and overeat ( you can easily do it with nuts for example ). Add a "cheat day" once a week and here you are = fat GAINZZZ.
    Last edited by mmoc63e873a820; 2015-02-27 at 09:21 AM.

My post about that is also including exercise that I already posted in this thread. If you eat a proper diet and exercise you can eat like shit 1 day a week and you will get lean as fuck.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Nah its 80% diet, 20% exercise. Dancing definitely helps but you could dance all day and not lose any weight if you eat like a monster.
    It's 80% Diet and 20% exercise for casuals. However look at top athletes. For them it's 80% exercise and 20% diet. Or more 50/50.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that's so wrong and healthy means absolutely nothing in weight loss. You can eat burgers, grease or whatever you like if you're going down in weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx
    ...you can easily do it with nuts for example...
    Really? I find it really hard to eat more than 2~3 nuts in a row...

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    It's 80% Diet and 20% exercise for casuals. However look at top athletes. For them it's 80% exercise and 20% diet. Or more 50/50.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that's so wrong and healthy means absolutely nothing in weight loss. You can eat burgers, grease or whatever you like if you're going down in weight.
    You don't know what you are talking about. The goal in losing weight should not be purely to get to a point where you look a certain way physically. Losing weight should be about getting healthy. Also, I challenge you to eat burgers and cut weight. If you are able to eat burgers and lose weight, the OP wouldn't have needed to make this thread.

Simple

Quote Originally Posted by mikegary View Post
    Studies show that the simpler your diet, the easier it is to stick to over the long haul. Follow these steps to streamline your plan and shed unwanted pounds for good.

The key to successfully losing weight and keeping it off is long-term healthy lifestyle changes. Set yourself realistic goals, such as waking up earlier then normal every morning and going for 30 minute walk 3 days a week. Don't try and lose 10 pounds in 1 week by going on some crazy diet.

Not only is it unhealthy but chances are you're going to put the weight straight back on or give up entirely. Furthermore, every time you accomplish a goal, you feel great about yourself and feel even more motivated to continue.

Losing weight is a marathon not a sprint. Also remember failure isn't bad in weight loss, but giving up all together is.
    I lost 98lbs. Here is my opinion on the matter. The first 10lbs lost are easy. If you cut back on junk food. After the 10-20lbs range I tried weight watchers and that system was terrible. You can not eat everything in smaller portions. You just get hungrier and eat more. I had leveled out at 30lbs off for the longest time. It gets frustrating trust me. Someone at work turned me on to "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Furhman. The book explains with proof on why many diets fail such as weight watchers, shakes, pills, and etc. Along with what to do and stay away from in your new lifestyle change.

I watched "fat, sick and nearly dead", "Hungry for change" and "supersize me". You have to push yourself to sleep 7-9hours a night it does make a difference. I read the book twice and followed about 90% of the book. I lost 70lbs on this new lifestyle change. Along with eating right, I exercised on my elliptical machine for an hour for 5-6 days. At first I could barely stay on the machine for 10 minutes but added 5 minutes more a week until I got to 1hr.

You will level out , I did when I reached my 98lbs mark and cant loose more. Then you want to focus on taking your workout routine to the next level. I tried P90X and one hour I was sore for two weeks. I brought it down to Power 90 Master Series for 3 months. Then P90X for 3 months and now I just started my 2nd bout with P90X again. It is hard work, It is time consuming, It Is WORTH IT! I went from 299.5 to 201lbs. Size 3x to Large. Size 44 pants to 34/36 pants now. I no longer have back, gastric, knee, pre-diabatic, slight high blood pressure, depression, low self esteem, snoring issues any more. Took me 3 years. You have to keep focused on the long-term goal. A healthy you. Version 2.0 if you will. My exes all hate me now, thats how you know your doing it right. It is a slow marathon but worth it. Never give up on this. I see it more of 33% eat 33% sleep and 33% percent exercise. Its hard to argue with results when female friends, co-workers go for that extra hug, shoulder and or arm grab, or just being grabby with me now.

In my experience, dancing is without question the worst way to loss my weight.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know what you are talking about. The goal in losing weight should not be purely to get to a point where you look a certain way physically. Losing weight should be about getting healthy. Also, I challenge you to eat burgers and cut weight. If you are able to eat burgers and lose weight, the OP wouldn't have needed to make this thread.
    To lose weight "Cals in < out". Healthy or not. And I've been on a "Big Mac" diet. Eating roughly 3 of them a day for 2 weeks. Guess what. I dropped.
    550 x 3 = 1650 calories, which still is lower than what I burn (2200). That's about 1 KG a week. And I can't think off how much i actually lost, but it was within there.
    Remember, when losing when you retain alot of water, which makes it harder to evaluate your drop in weight. However, it is not what you eat however much you eat.

jogging is a waste of time, IMO. it can be a fine way to get yourself into/back into running and build leg strength, but go find a nice steep hill instead and work yourself up to running sprints up that. THAT 20 mins will be a MUCH better use of your time than jogging 8 miles for a couple hours - trust me!
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Deleted
    I would really love some help from you guys.

Here is the deal i already have plans with my workout and diet, what i don't manage to figure out is my schedule, i would really appreciate if you guys manage to help me.

Currently i work a 2 weeks shift work , 1 week i work from 6am-14pm and next week i work from 13pm-21pm from Monday to Friday 8 hours a day, now the main problem, i can't eat at work, it not like i don't have a meal break just that i don't get paid per hours, i work with pottery and i get paid on how many things i do and because of that financial for me its a bad thing to take a break, except eating something like banana,or apple i don't have time for more, what i can't manage to figure out is how to fit workout and eating in my afternoon schedule without eating when i arrive at 21.30 pm at home, i would love some help for a proper schedule for eating and exercise for my shift program even on morning shift if its possible, i intend to focus around 1 hour a day, 5 days a week for exercise

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    jogging is a waste of time, IMO. it can be a fine way to get yourself into/back into running and build leg strength, but go find a nice steep hill instead and work yourself up to running sprints up that. THAT 20 mins will be a MUCH better use of your time than jogging 8 miles for a couple hours - trust me!
    No, thats not true. Running up ahill works different muscles in your legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post
    Currently i work a 2 weeks shift work , 1 week i work from 6am-14pm and next week i work from 13pm-21pm from Monday to Friday 8 hours a day, now the main problem, i can't eat at work, it not like i don't have a meal break just that i don't get paid per hours, i work with pottery and i get paid on how many things i do and because of that financial for me its a bad thing to take a break, except eating something like banana,or apple i don't have time for more, what i can't manage to figure out is how to fit workout and eating in my afternoon schedule without eating when i arrive at 21.30 pm at home, i would love some help for a proper schedule for eating and exercise for my shift program even on morning shift if its possible, i intend to focus around 1 hour a day, 5 days a week for exercise
    Shouldn't be too difficult mate, for the 6am-14 shift, go to the gym in the afternoon/evening. When you work 13-21 go in the morning. 1 hour a day, 5 days a week is perfect.

I started a diet a few days ago too. I am 1,81m and 85Kg. Last year i used some anxiety pills and ate many shit so i gained like 7Kgs. I am not fat per say but i got some belly. I would like to go back to at least 80Kg and burn most of the belly. For now, i am trading some donuts, pie and other shitty snacks for fruit. And milk and juice with water. 10 days and i almost lost 1Kg with just this changes. Barely any exercise too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Eat healthy, do sport (anything besides endurance sitting), don't expect to lose 10kg every week, keep at it.
    No need for any fancy diet or special training unless you have special goals (gotta get to X weight in Y time / want to get super buff) or other very unusual circumstances.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be interesting enough for most magazines and sites though, and it works too well, so they can't sell their new miracle diets to silly people every other week.
    But yeah, it's really not hard if you actually want to do it. ^^
    Reading this, I remember how stupid I was wanting to lose 10kg in 2 weeks. That was 2 years ago. I have always had the idea that healthy is equals to being skinny. I literally followed a "miracle" diet I saw in a magazine wherein the intake is so little that I feel so weak everyday. Not only that, due to lack of nutrition, I had falling hair too and developed small spots in my head that made me felt even more terrible.

I learned the hardest way, aside from undergoing hair regrowing procedures just because I did not eat the right kind of food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    i jog everyday for about 30mins but it doesnt seem to help.....maybe i should stop eating like a pig lol
    Exactly - At least you seem to know what you are doing wrong

Losing weight is completely determined by your caloric intake and deficit.
    If you have a surplus for the day you won't lose weight.

Oh and go slowly
    Losing too much in a short timeframe isn't good
    Calculate your daily calories your would need to maintain your current weight....And then eat 100-150 calories less.
    Test it out 1-2 weeks - If it works go with it.If it doesn't or stops working reduce again by a small amount.
    Weigh yourself maybe once or twice a week - Don't do it daily.You will go insane.Your weight will go up and down on daily basis.Its better to write your weight down on a sunday maybe and use this as a timestamp to look at the overall result.

Never go full mongo
    Some dudes seriously go from 3000 calories down to 1000 - Your body will go crazy and you will feel like shit.

Obviously start working out
    Muscles > fat
    If possible in the gym but even bodyweight exercises are good - Just do something.
    And don't just do cardio - Work with weights even if its just your bodyweight.

Eat healthy,don't try to rush it,track your stuff,stay in motion and drink a lot of water.

Eat healthy and start running.

Deleted
    I lost like 20kg just by cutting of sugar(no soda, no chocolate and stuff).
    After that i started hitting the gym and running, thats how i lost another 10kg.
    If calorie intake is less then u need to maintain weight, u lose weight, thats the basic formula.
    Than there is stuff like eating healthy and shit. Thats actually very important aswell.
    Try reducing your carbs and eat more protein and healty fat.