Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Please do not suggest dangerous weight loss supplements or techniques
    Yo Crissi why are you a mod on sports anyway I thought you were a gourmande?

And the easiest way to lose weight is to lower carbs. No carbs = your body has to burn fat to make its own carbs = you lose fat.

If you're a man I really recommend going keto, since most men love meat and keto is pretty much a meat eater's dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    i jog everyday for about 30mins but it doesnt seem to help.....maybe i should stop eating like a pig lol
    You dont start burning. The first 10-15 mins you basicly jog for nothing.
    Do some push ups and situps before you go out jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    You dont start burning. The first 10-15 mins you basicly jog for nothing.
    Do some push ups and situps before you go out jogging.
    Bro science at it's finest. Any exertion is beneficial.

In regards to your diet. There really is no need to go on a named diet.
    Just eat healthy wholesome foods, in moderation. Try and limit your refined sugar intake too.

It's really easy. Why complicate it?
    30 minutes of jogging every day is really good. Just watch your diet and you'll start losing.

Deleted
    Improve your metabolic health at the same time.

I think drinking only water would be the best solution for weight loss quickly

- - - Updated - - -

There are thousands of posts and artciles which are speaking so loud about weight loss tips and ideas and a person may get confused. A person should carry a weight and physical appearance which shows his/her personality while wearing expensive dress by women or custom dress shirts by men.

There are thousands of posts and artciles which are speaking so loud about weight loss tips and ideas and a person may get confused. A person should carry a weight and physical appearance which shows his/her personality while wearing expensive dress by women or custom dress shirts by men.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Bro science at it's finest. Any exertion is beneficial.

In regards to your diet. There really is no need to go on a named diet.
    Just eat healthy wholesome foods, in moderation. Try and limit your refined sugar intake too.

It's really easy. Why complicate it?
    30 minutes of jogging every day is really good. Just watch your diet and you'll start losing.
    You don't even need to eat healthy to lose weight.
    Can cut on cheese burgers, sure it's not healthy but that's how it works.
    There's no magical code. Eat less than you burn.
    inb4 I eat fat and protein all day as much as I can and still drop. How do you even gain?
    Inb4 it's not just counting calories. counting calories has shown way better results than any other diets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    inb4 I eat fat and protein all day as much as I can and still drop. How do you even gain?
    Inb4 it's not just counting calories. counting calories has shown way better results than any other diets.
    This. People think they need to do some crazy shit just to lose weight. Literally eat the exact same things that you are eating now, but 20% less of it. You eat 3000 Cals worth of cheese burgers everyday? Try eating 2400 cals worth of cheese burgers every day.

Deleted
    Eat less, it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Eat less, it's as simple as that.
    I'm not really sure it's that simple. I eat 1200 kcal per day (I'm a dude btw) with little to no carbs and I'm not losing any weight at all. Been doing it for about 7 weeks.

So I've lost about 15 pounds since January mostly by just changing my diet and habits. I've gone running literally once since the beginning of the year (it's cold alright?) and that's about it.

I stopped eating fast food.

I stopped eating late at night. I try not to eat dinner past 7 and just go with water after that.

I started eating a bag of fruit everyday in my lunch.

I started going to sleep consistently at 11:30-11:45 and waking up around 7:30

oh and I stopped smoking weed (which makes the first two things a lot easier to do)

When the weather warms up I'll start running more consistently but for now the pounds are slowly dropping. I don't think I've done anything extreme really but it's working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I'm not really sure it's that simple. I eat 1200 kcal per day (I'm a dude btw) with little to no carbs and I'm not losing any weight at all. Been doing it for about 7 weeks.
    Whats your height? Whats your current weight? Whats your age? Whats your sex? Find a TDEE or BMR calculator (not BMI). Also, make sure you are actually eating 1200 Kcal. Track that shit religiously over a 2 week period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You cut you cals too quickly and it won't be sustainable in the long run and you'll just blow up again when you hit your desired goal and go back to eating at a "maintenance." Personally, I would never stay that low on calories for that amount of time because your body will go into "survival mode" and store everything as fat - as fat takes more energy to burn - allowing you to have more energy throughout the day. Not to mention the amount of muscle you are losing (it's not a lot but having more muscle leads to a higher resting metabolic rate i.e. the amount of calories you need to survive if you did nothing for a day). I did a cut like that for two weeks last summer to cut some fat and it was probably the least enjoyable time I have had regarding my eating.

The best way to "lose weight" imo is a combination of monitoring your eating (carbs specifically, but still have to maintain protein and fat) and a consistent resistance training program to help build lean/dense muscle. Even if you don't go to a gym, generic bodyweight things like pushups and squats (and variations thereof) can help get you started. Better to start higher on the calorie count (counting calories is bleh, better to focus on protein carb and fat intake) and every couple weeks if cut the total calories by about 10% i.e. If I start at 2000 cals, two-three weeks later I'd move to 1800 and so on and so forth, but don't go much lower than 1000-1200 for too long and if you do train at those levels (if at all), your intensity has to be very high. Once you start losing some of the fat (I assume ITT losing weight is actually losing fat...we don't want to be "skinny-fat"!) then SLOWLY start building the numbers back up again.

EDIT: For the record, I've also done 1200 calories. I did it for two weeks last summer to lower my bf% just for kicks to see how low I could get it before going on vacation. I was on very, very few carbs and working out twice a day and it was utter anguish and I don't wish that on anyone unless they're doing show prep...then they deserve the misery :P
    Last edited by Jaronicity; 2016-02-12 at 04:14 PM.

Low carb. Only thing you'll need in your life. If you can do low carb, you'll never be fat again. Ignore EVERYTHING else in this thread, and just read this.
    You are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    No, but why would you want to eat shit all the time?
    If you're going to lose weight, do it right. Make a healthy change in your life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Low carb. Only thing you'll need in your life. If you can do low carb, you'll never be fat again. Ignore EVERYTHING else in this thread, and just read this.
    You are welcome!
    No. Just...no.
    Carbs are not the enemy.

Besides, he goes jogging every day. Carbs are fantastic when you eat them and utilise them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Carbs are not the enemy.
    You simply don't need high carbs unless you are a professional athlete or somebody who needs a lot of calories for other hard, physical activities/jobs. Anybody else with a standard life will only get fat from too much carbs as they go directly in your body's reserves and don't bring any other benefit. It's pure calories without minerals that our body needs.

So yes, to stay healthy and get/keep a good weight you only need fruit (vitamins, not too much though because fructose = sugar = high carbs), veggies (= low carbs, lot of minerals, vitamins and roughage), fish/nuts/tofu/plant oil (unsaturated fat acids + proteins) and a lot of water.

When eating carbs only go with whole grain and natural types of sugar (honey, agave/rice/apple syrup, etc.) and try to avoid wheat and industrial sugar at all cost.
    Last edited by chooi; 2016-02-14 at 09:09 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I lost 12 kgs since November by cutting carbs almost entirely. No gym whatsoever, just my daily 2km walk to the metro station and back and some home exercise like crunches, pushups etc.

If not for the New Year's, Christmas and cheating with the occasional pizza I'm confident I could've lost over 20.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2016-02-17 at 11:28 AM.

So far, what works / doesn't work for me personally:

-Exercise is incredibly overrated in the overall scheme of losing weight, and most calorie trackers will exaggerate the amount that you're actually burning during said exercise. It's also worth nothing that heavy exercise while overweight increases the risk of injury, which increases downtime, frustration, etc. Drop weight primarily, slowly build muscle / stamina later.

-Eating back calories "earned" via exercise (ie, the recommendation in something like MyFitness Pal) is also generally a bad idea.

-Drinking the 'recommended' 8 or so cups of water per day is pointless if you're getting that water via other means. For example, drinking coffee absolutely contributes to your water intake.

-BMR calculators are very inaccurate regarding maintenance level caloric intake.

-the battle is entirely psychological. Eating habits tend to be dictated by repetition rather than actual hunger. If I'm not hungry when I wake up, I'll skip breakfast. Conversely, breaking bad habits (for me, snacking late at night) is where the challenge comes into play. In short, don't listen when your brain tells you to eat, listen when your stomach does.

-despite my jab at food trackers like MFP, it is invaluable if you can get to the point where you plan your meals in advance and simply make adjustments ahead of time rather than after the fact. I know exactly what I'll eat today and how much, it's simply a matter of pacing.

-eat clean, or as clean as you can.

-a cheat day now and then isn't going to kill you, and is actually probably a good idea.

Again, this may not work for you, but it is so far for me, after many attempts & variations on approach. Down 12.5 lbs since 1/10 of this year, and it's become rather effortless. Calorie target tends to be anywhere from 1000-1200, and it is pretty rare for me to ever be truly hungry.

Good luck!
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-02-19 at 06:09 PM.

You can always chop a leg off. You can replace it with a prosthetic to get around, but that's an easy 40 pounds gone in a heartbeat.

Quickest way? Cut off a leg or two.

Best way? Eat right (1200 calories or so a day) and get some exercise. Ignore fads and all that. If you want pie, get pie ... but stick to 1200 calories. (If you're exercising a LOT or if you're losing weight too fast, you can up that number ... but STICK to it). Now there are healthier ways to use those calories ... but if you're just talking lose weight and not /health/ then just stick to a count. It's science. Burn more than you consume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You can always chop a leg off. You can replace it with a prosthetic to get around, but that's an easy 40 pounds gone in a heartbeat.
    Whoa. Spooky. (GET OUT OF MY HEAD)