Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pretty sure you can get free trials of both (a week/month)

That being said I have and enjoy my Netflix sub.

I tried the free week/month of Hula and unsubbed in less then a hour after starting the trial because every was hot garbage. However, a lot of the hot garbage was old movies/shows that was of zero interest to me but might be of interest to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasmurfo View Post
    Netflix for definite their player is so much better and drains a lot less battery while on the go. Hulu tends to drain 30% more on average.
    well im using a desktop so battery life isn't an issue.
    also it appears the simpsons is not on netflix. why? i love the simpsons.
    also i was hoping to watch bar rescue and it's not on there either. is this something to do with spike's licensing agreements or something?
    for some reason only the first season of restraunt impossible is on there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I hate to necro this, but I wanted to offer my opinion on this and i'm bored. I'll take the infraction if I get it.

I picked up amazon's firestick.. Netflix is by far the better streaming service, you'll get so much more with it. Hulu is just a hot mess of garbage, not worth it at all if you are interesting in older shows. Amazon's prime membership with the free streaming service isn't terrible, some decent stuff on there but nothing all that old that i've been able to dig up. You'll really just have to either go by means that aren't exactly legal, or buy some of the real old stuff. I was shocked that the simpsons wasn't on there, That would be perfect for netflix..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well im using a desktop so battery life isn't an issue.
    also it appears the simpsons is not on netflix. why? i love the simpsons.
    also i was hoping to watch bar rescue and it's not on there either. is this something to do with spike's licensing agreements or something?
    for some reason only the first season of restraunt impossible is on there.
    Simpsons and Bar rescue are both on Hulu I know for a fact Bar Rescue is cause I watch it weekly. It is a few weeks behind what is live though. I have Netflix, HULU, and Amazon. For documentaries it's a toss up between HULU and Netflix. I just browsed the lists for both and hulu seems to have more thought navigation is easier on Netflix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    I picked up amazon's firestick.. Netflix is by far the better streaming service, you'll get so much more with it. Hulu is just a hot mess of garbage, not worth it at all if you are interesting in older shows. Amazon's prime membership with the free streaming service isn't terrible, some decent stuff on there but nothing all that old that i've been able to dig up. You'll really just have to either go by means that aren't exactly legal, or buy some of the real old stuff. I was shocked that the simpsons wasn't on there, That would be perfect for netflix..
    I use the FIre box and I disagree the netflix app is better yes, but, there is more in general on Hulu. You want older TV series like every 80's tv show is on there not to mention almost every current TV show. Not to mention BBC tv shows out th wazoo as well. Netflix is better if you want more current movies or want to watch what they have with no commercials. And for the most part commercials are a whooping 18 seconds.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-04-27 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    I hate to necro this, but I wanted to offer my opinion on this and i'm bored. I'll take the infraction if I get it.

You don't get infracted for necroing threads that are still relevant.

I have both. There are plenty of content that is not shared between the two. Hulu has an amazing amount of anime shows available (for the big screen that is). Netflix does well with their own funded series (House of Cards, Knights of Sifonia, etc.) Commercials for the paid subscribers are Hulu's biggest downfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    You don't get infracted for necroing threads that are still relevant.
    I was hoping so, i wanted to bring the firestick up a bit.

I couldn't find anything worth a damn on hulu, probably just me though. I know they have a free trail of it, I'll give it a shot and see what's up. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong if I am. I wasn't aware they had old stuff available.

If you're gonna pay... go Netflix.

Only good thing Hulu has going for it is stuff available for free, and those arent all that good. Most of the must-see shows I would recommend have probably long gone to their 'premium-only' section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I was hoping so, i wanted to bring the firestick up a bit.

I couldn't find anything worth a damn on hulu, probably just me though. I know they have a free trail of it, I'll give it a shot and see what's up. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong if I am. I wasn't aware they had old stuff available.
    try like any 80's or 90's show it is probably on there.

Hulu just made a deal for all 180 Seinfeld episodes which is a cool deal for those who like it. personally the ads would keep me from binge watching anything on Hulu even though I have plus ATM (For current shows since I don't have a DVR in my apartment and can't be bothered to try and watch everything live).