Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Not a tutorial but here's a nice video on analyzing traffic to fix congestion. I've found that using one way streets are fine for problem areas but not a solution for an entire city...

Cool thanks!

This is my Work in Progress region. While building suddently everyone decided to get there diploma and all my industries were abandoned lol. I wish that not everyone would eventually get education. ( I dunno how to thumbmail..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there's an update in the works that is due in a month's time, featuring tunnels!

With that in mind, this is my last city until then, give me time to come up with new ideas. http://imgur.com/a/A4UPt#ERVhMlM

Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey // Intel i5 4690k // MSI z97 Gaming 3 // Corsair h100i Cooler // Corsair CX750M PSU // EVGA GTX 770 // 8gb (2x4) Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz // WD Black 1tb // Samsung Pro Evo 120gb SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Farra View Post
    Apparently there's an update in the works that is due in a month's time, featuring tunnels!

With that in mind, this is my last city until then, give me time to come up with new ideas. http://imgur.com/a/A4UPt#ERVhMlM
    Looks good! But I am missing something.. O! Traffic, how did you solve that? I got 60k peeps in the region, couple of cities and even though everything is connected with trains and metro's etc, for some reason people still drive, a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Looks good! But I am missing something.. O! Traffic, how did you solve that? I got 60k peeps in the region, couple of cities and even though everything is connected with trains and metro's etc, for some reason people still drive, a lot!
    Maybe your public transport network doesn't go where they want to go? Remember that the public transport needs to be more efficient than driving.

When planning the public transport system I go by the rule of thumb that trains want to have 20+ seconds between stops, metro 10-15 seconds and buses 5-10 seconds. Don't have more than 2 bus lines stopping at the same stop (because they back up traffic while waiting for the bus stop to be free), and don't have bus stops near intersections (or they kill your traffic flow when they re-enter the road or back up into the intersection to wait for a bus stop to be free). Cims will happily change a couple of times, but not 4 or 5 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe your public transport network doesn't go where they want to go? Remember that the public transport needs to be more efficient than driving.

When planning the public transport system I go by the rule of thumb that trains want to have 20+ seconds between stops, metro 10-15 seconds and buses 5-10 seconds. Don't have more than 2 bus lines stopping at the same stop (because they back up traffic while waiting for the bus stop to be free), and don't have bus stops near intersections (or they kill your traffic flow when they re-enter the road or back up into the intersection to wait for a bus stop to be free). Cims will happily change a couple of times, but not 4 or 5 times.
    Everything Butler Log said! And free public transport also helped. Also make sure there is plenty of space between junctions.

I only used a few one way streets, didn't make too much of an impact if I'm honest. And the exits from the highways are pretty bad for traffic atm, trying to fix that up too.

Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey // Intel i5 4690k // MSI z97 Gaming 3 // Corsair h100i Cooler // Corsair CX750M PSU // EVGA GTX 770 // 8gb (2x4) Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz // WD Black 1tb // Samsung Pro Evo 120gb SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Somewhat related to traffic control, don't be afraid to put down footpaths, these people LOVE to walk, the foot traffic on some of my motorway overpasses is just insane.

Everything Butler Log said! And free public transport also helped. Also make sure there is plenty of space between junctions.

I only used a few one way streets, didn't make too much of an impact if I'm honest. And the exits from the highways are pretty bad for traffic atm, trying to fix that up too.
    One-way streets, if you can design it properly (I haven't managed it yet) will be very efficient. If you get it even slightly wrong then you'll fuck up the traffic flow more than if you'd just stuck with 2-way roads in the first place.

Ill have to remake it then, Everything is connected to all areas, but even if a station is right infront of them they still want to drive! It only happened after I made a new city in my region. before that all was fine, ill just seehow it goes!

Cant wait for that patch though, tunnels will be great!

10+ Year Old Account

I love, just love, your entrance "roundabout". I'm going to try implementing that in my city. I have 4 major sections that lead into different areas (the city covers 8 tiles right now) but it's a mess of different roads overlapping in odd angles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I love, just love, your entrance "roundabout". I'm going to try implementing that in my city. I have 4 major sections that lead into different areas (the city covers 8 tiles right now) but it's a mess of different roads overlapping in odd angles.
    That was actually a workshop mod! I would suggest making it bigger than mine, sometimes traffic can get pretty jammed due to it's size

Currently attempting to create this interchange as best I can:

It's a study into insanity and hilarity. What a game.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Holy hell...I get confused just by looking at that!

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

If I get it done, I'll definitely share it on the workshop.
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...chtext=turbine
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Very pretty, but I want more! MORE!
    I am the lucid dream

The City Copter mod is now in Alpha...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=430898838

Pretty damn cool what modders can do this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    The City Copter mod is now in Alpha...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=430898838

Pretty damn cool what modders can do this game.
    I've loved all the mods I've used so far, but this has to be the coolest!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Wish you luck! hopefully you can share it on workshop too?

That monstrosity is actually an existing highway interchange in Dubai U.A.E. Google Maps.
    yeah, and the traffic backs up something chronic around it.....

I've loved all the mods I've used so far, but this has to be the coolest!
    Does it have any gameplay value? For me it's one of those oddities that you can point fingers at, but it doesn't really improve the game
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man that turbine intersection looks so cool :-D
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”