Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hey Cyous, good read so far.

To follow up on your idea what do you think of switching the Astral Showers benefit around when Stellar Flare is applied to a target that has MF/SnF running?
    Basically all targets in a 5yd radius would get a MF with the duration of SnF and the main target gets a SnF with the MF duration (40 Secs).

Not sure if this would be too strong tho, just like the idea of a rewarding active talent choice.

Another shot at Stellar Flare that increases hardcasting might be to spread itself around in a X yd radius if the target it is cast on has MF/SnF rolling.
    This way one would only have to reapply MF/SnF to potential cleave targets, effectively resulting in more hardcasts and less back to back chaining of Stellar Flare.

It would be great so see Stellar Flare in action but with the current iteration it's hard to justify using it

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirion View Post
    Hey Cyous, good read so far.

To follow up on your idea what do you think of switching the Astral Showers benefit around when Stellar Flare is applied to a target that has MF/SnF running?
    Basically all targets in a 5yd radius would get a MF with the duration of SnF and the main target gets a SnF with the MF duration (40 Secs).

Not sure if this would be too strong tho, just like the idea of a rewarding active talent choice.

Another shot at Stellar Flare that increases hardcasting might be to spread itself around in a X yd radius if the target it is cast on has MF/SnF rolling.
    This way one would only have to reapply MF/SnF to potential cleave targets, effectively resulting in more hardcasts and less back to back chaining of Stellar Flare.

It would be great so see Stellar Flare in action but with the current iteration it's hard to justify using it
    It would be too strong if it did too much more. Stellar Flare is meant to add another DOT to track. It's not too bad at 3 targets. As far as changes go, it really depends on what you want to accomplish.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    It would be too strong if it did too much more. Stellar Flare is meant to add another DOT to track. It's not too bad at 3 targets. As far as changes go, it really depends on what you want to accomplish.
    Yeah I thought so.
    Too bad because as you said just "another DOT to track" is pretty bad talent design if you ask me :|
    I always liked some kind of gameplay choice in talents but as far as Moonkin LvL 100's go, you have to choose between Euphoria (go-to for all of HM & most of BRF it seems), subpar Stellar Flare (let's see how the 6.1 Buffs pan out) or the snoozefest that is BoP...

Well I don't get my hopes up as it seems 6.1 is hitting next week and talent diversity aside we are in a fine spot

I cant wait for the damage buff, I just wish they would take the cast time off it or make it a harder instant hit to compensate for the timer. For the person suggesting taking the instant damage out and making it tick harder, that would remove the uniqueness of the mechanic (stronger in the middle) because dots don't snap shot any more, so that would result in it just becoming a bland DoT. I think that should remain the way it is.

I feel stellar flare shouldn't be a 20+ second dot at all, but a spell which lasts 10 seconds and allows Starfall/Starsurge to consume stellar flare to do amplified or burst damage (like swiftmend, but for balance). It would work like Sunfire aoe wise, but have a cd of say 8 seconds.

They other option is give us a glyph to synchronize with the talent change that Cyous has suggest
    Last edited by Shrewmkin; 2015-02-15 at 10:54 PM.

Make it snapshot so you HAVE to cast it at the transition point or as close to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewmkin View Post
    I feel stellar flare shouldn't be a 20+ second dot at all, but a spell which lasts 10 seconds and allows Starfall/Starsurge to consume stellar flare to do amplified or burst damage (like swiftmend, but for balance). It would work like Sunfire aoe wise, but have a cd of say 8 seconds.

They other option is give us a glyph to synchronize with the talent change that Cyous has suggest
    There was a spell back in wod beta they made out dots tick 500? or somthing percent faster, with the fact sunfire cleaves i was kinda looking forward to that. Currently.. i think i will always use Euphoria, going to bop or SF it makes the cycle for me way to slow and dragged out, if haste effected out speed then id probs swap talents.

Id like to use SF in some way but when i think of bosses like maidens and having to cast CAd dots 3x then another dot 3x before i can even start to DPS and then try and keep 3 dots rolling on every target, While it does seem "fun" in a way to manage so many dots but at the same time kinda shitty.. I like the idea behind SF and would like to see it overhauled in some way. Maybe change it into a talent like said before where you use it with starfall and it makes it rapid out or dump all stars in one go, so its BOOM! big aoe and move on. But at the same time i love our little spot of "we can handle spread aoe if we are needed too".

While i agree starfall is really overpowered, are people looking what its damage is doing and how much of the damage its doing in X raid is accturly... usefall? :P and not just padding the meters?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Make it snapshot so you HAVE to cast it at the transition point or as close to it?
    One way to mimic a snapshot mechanic would be to greatly increase Initial Damage, but it can't be so high that STFL is spammed in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewmkin View Post

Blizzard has a rule about glyphs for talents: Don't do it. It makes tuning a particular talent awkward, so they bake in the most beneficial effects and make it desirable without the glyph option.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when you put moonfire or sunfire on your stellar flare target it spreads your other dots to all targets within 5 yards for 75% of the damage of normal dots.