a few question regarding sub/assa difference on single target

1. So i have been playing mostly assa on single target throughout this expansion, even though a lot of people tried to convince me that sub is better.
    I tried to play it but i don't know why i still underperform when playing sub...be it boss or dummy i do less dps than i did in assasination ... a few minutes ago i tested 2 specs on target dummy and the results were weird...did 32k dps in assa and 21,5k in sub during 5 min windows...why's the difference so huge?
    2. Double lucky coin...how good is this for sub/assa compared to BF trinkets? Should i be looking to replace it? I noticed it's a really powerful for assasination, as you can line it up with vendetta nicely.
    3. That's the most optimal opener for sub? Should i use ambush--->hemo--->snd--->5 cp rupture and then unleash shadow reflection + shd? It's been so messy since blizzard "fixed" cp stacking prior to pull
    4. Last question about combat - 2x daggers vs 2x slow weapon...how much difference in dps is that?

32k dps on a dummy sounds really high. I'm sitting at 670 ilvl and i do about 19-21k on dummy as sin, and relatively the same as sub. Both of these specs perform better in a raid environment (duh), and they also have a smoother and faster rotation.

If you have the coin, you should keep it until you get at the very minimum the kromag or blackhand heroic trinkets. The agility and the ability to control when it goes off really maximizes your dps.

If you have the 2 pc for assassination, the crit trinket off blackhand is really, really good. I'm not sure it's quite as good for sub, because crit isn't as valuable for sub.

Optimal opener? That's widely debated.

Combat...never put a dagger in the off hand. For cleave situations, dagger main hand is a dps increase. There are a lot of macros on the forum for swapping weapons. I did it on heroic beastlord last week. It is definitely another thing to manage, and a lot of people don't bother.

Ok i guess i did 32k with multistrike buff from my garrison zone so that's why...
    Why would dagger in main hand be a dps increase since SS is tied to weapon damage?

Because SS isn't the primary damage when doing aoe. Blade flurry and poisons are. Fierydemise from ravenholdt did a damage comparison, and dagger main hand slow off hand was about 8% better on 5+ targets vs slow/slow.

ok thanks for help can u give me a link to this thread with weapon swap macros? might test it out on tectus

Deleted
    sub on dummies is gimped by not getting as much HaT proccs btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
    sub on dummies is gimped by not getting as much HaT proccs btw.
    This is very true. Sub on dummies is very weak.