Beastlord Darmac Maximizing DPS

So my dps on the pack adds and on darmac is fine, but my overall dps seems to suffer because im not targetting the spears or dotting them up. Since they seem fairly spread out, is the best strategy to multishot them or arcane shot them (single target each one?)

If Normal/Heroic (before the spears do the flame ability) I try to stack them up and just stand behind them when I barrage and put a multi on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xusha View Post
    If Normal/Heroic (before the spears do the flame ability) I try to stack them up and just stand behind them when I barrage and put a multi on them.
    how do you stack up the spears, they are randomly relatively spread out arent they

Deleted
    If u can't hit at least 3 targets with Multi Shot use Arcane shot on spears to max dps.
    Multishot only >2 targets.
    It doesn't matter if you use your AS on boss or secondary targets it does the same dmg.
    The only difference is more serpent stings = more overall DPS.
    And barrage according to priority list when >1 targets.

How come /target boss1 doesnt work in this boss fight for targetting the main boss?

Deleted
    I have no idea. I use my elv ui frames to click on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    how do you stack up the spears, they are randomly relatively spread out arent they
    Spears target raid members, so if the raid stacks, the spears will be stacked. Obviously people need to be spread some for things like the leap but if you keep the raid to one side of the room it will help so you can drop AoE on the spears instead of focusing them.

How come /target boss1 doesnt work in this boss fight for targetting the main boss?
    This is a real problem for me personally. The boss gets on several mounts throughout the fight so he essentially disappears and you are fighting his mount. This gives my pet fits and I often find him sitting on a polearm when I would prefer him to be on the boss. I need to pay more attention to it or maybe get a good macro working.

DoT everything with SrS. Delay BA/ES for multi-dotting each pack of adds and using Barrage on them.

With adds out of the equation:
    Black Arrow on boss
    SrS on all possible targets
    Explosive shot
    Arcane Shot

They are, but they are thrown at a random player. So you can move out when it's thrown, then move back in when it's there. So you don't get pinned down. Also since you're a hunter, you can easily stand further back so you can position yourself to hit other spears as well as the adds.

Of course you shouldn't be standing near other players so you don't get hit by rend or the knockback. But if you're lucky, you can get several on you and make it easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hijacking the thread:

anyone got a good working macro for "target nearest spear, fire arcane shot, switch back to darmac"?

Assuming initial target is Darmac:

#showtooltip
    /tar Heavy Spear
    /use Arcane Shot
    /targetlasttarget

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot, Azo!