[Music] Poor Nightwish

Their single was leaked early. I had a listen, it isn't bad. What are your thoughts on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait for the official release tomorrow.

The leaked song isn't the greatest quality (I already posted it in the Metal thread if you dig back a page or so), but yeah, I love what I've heard so far. The album itself is my most anticipated release of 2015.

Also: I think pretty much every album they release gets leaked. It happened with Imaginaerum too.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-02-12 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be officially streamed at 16.00 here: http://www.radiorock.fi/#!/ohjelma/R...%C3%A4iv%C3%A4

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    The leaked song isn't the greatest quality (I already posted it in the Metal thread if you dig back a page or so), but yeah, I love what I've heard so far. The album itself is my most anticipated release of 2015.
    Now that Floor is singing for them I'm anticipating it as well. I'll be seeing them plus Sabaton in Dallas come May, and I can't wait for that show.

10+ Year Old Account
    The link I posted: should be around the 5 next minutes.

Nevermind. Finland is 1 hour before me. It already happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Lol at their new band member. Looks like Bill Bailey.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Lol at their new band member. Looks like Bill Bailey.
    Heh, yeah. Troy is a cool guy; if you've seen any of their 'documentary/making of' videos he's a bit of a laugh. Typical English bloke.

The new song is pretty good, in my opinion. I hear anything in it that warrants the hate it's getting, and Floor is doing a bang up job with the vocals. If you listen to the instruments and the arrangement you can certainly tell it's a Nightwish song. Can't wait for the album.

Deleted
    I don't mind the Irish feel, but this song doesn't seem to have much energy, and neither does Floor. It's as if though she's singing a lullaby to a baby. Sure, she's got a decent voice, but this stuff is definitely missing the bombastic sound of Nightwish. Which would be fair enough, if the song itself didn't try to be that.

Say what you want, but Anette seemed to have much more soul and power. Compare the new song to this, for example:

No contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I don't mind the Irish feel, but this song doesn't seem to have much energy, and neither does Floor. It's as if though she's singing a lullaby to a baby. Sure, she's got a decent voice, but this stuff is definitely missing the bombastic sound of Nightwish. Which would be fair enough, if the song itself didn't try to be that.

Say what you want, but Anette seemed to have much more soul and power. Compare the new song to this, for example:

No contest.
    Yea but: Did you listen to Floor sing the old stuff? Listen to the live album. It's perfect.

Ghost Love Score sung by Floor is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

No contest.
    Bwaahahahahahahah funniest fucking post I've ever seen here. Here is Floor absolutely fucking DESTROYING Annette's performance on that very same song.

You're right, it's no contest...but it's not a no contest in Annette's favor by ANY means.

Here's another example just to drive the point home. When Annette gives a performance as powerful as either of these 2, please let me know.

I like it. Looking forward to hearing the full album when it's out. (...I didn't even know they had one coming soon....)