Why did this have to be a April Fools Joke =(

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/dun...ortal-darkness

It would be awesome if we could actually get stuff like this.

Blizzard Please stop making cool ideas be fake ideas!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a little late to the party on that one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're a little late to the party on that one.
    I know it's old but I'm sure quite of people who started in MoP don't have a clue about it ;P

Deleted
    I would like a dungeon in Duskwood, or generally added to old world places, but a horror style everything is dark dungeon? nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    "and there screams will echo amidst the pitiless cyclopean stones.... of the Darkest dungeon"

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would've been good and the people going into the dungeon would need torches to actually see in the dungeon, and they could of had some bosses named the Taurmino in reference to the Minotaur, -Named- of the Unseen, and the end boss could be the Eternal Darkness.
    For the Horde!

I never "got" this. Anyway.

Let's not have more April Fools jokes turned into content again please. (cough...Pandas...)

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't have been cool as an actual place.

Maybe the Bard idea would have been cool.

Anyway, looking forwards to this year's.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Making use of cutting-edge Deep Dark® technology" marked it as a joke instantly.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It wouldn't have been cool as an actual place.

Maybe the Bard idea would have been cool.

Anyway, looking forwards to this year's.
    They could bring it back in the Karazhan Crypts in which the dungeon could have torches you light up to make the dungeon more easier to see, and the lights turn on after you kill some of the enemies and bosses.
    They could have it as another dungeon if you want to play a more darker dungeon, and have a good scare too. :P
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Ha, I'd never seen that before, would've been a laugh I'm sure

Why is this a joke? Deep Dungeon is Final Fantasy Tactics was amazing. You couldn't see tiles beyond the range you could move, but when you kill enemies, they leave behind crystals that illuminate the room. The problem is these crystals would heal, so both you and the enemy preferred to gobble them up so you'd quickly be immersed back into darkness.

One of the best pieces of 'bonus content' in any game I've ever played ever. The encounters were really great. If you download FFT 1.3 which is a fan mod, they expanded the encounters even further so they're crazy hard and a lot of fun.

As a 5-man that might be garbage, but like a 3-5 boss raid themed around horror/darkness? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    I never "got" this. Anyway.

Let's not have more April Fools jokes turned into content again please. (cough...Pandas...)
    Sigh... This is still untrue, no matter how much you wish it was. Enough.

The idea has a lot of potential. I'd much rather see something like this implemented instead of dull garrison missions and Twitter integration.

They could bring it back in the Karazhan Crypts in which the dungeon could have torches you light up to make the dungeon more easier to see, and the lights turn on after you kill some of the enemies and bosses.
    Exactly. Candlestick Keep in Spiral Knights used a torch gimmick, it didn't literally blind your path ahead but while you were in an area not covered by candles this invulnerable ghost would spawn and if it reached you it would hit for you massive damage then disappear and reappear elsewhere. You had to either run from candle to candle or kite the Grimalkin. Worse, the Grimalkin hit pierced immunities so you could not shield through their attack, you HAD to flee from them if you were in the dark, creating a sense of horror.

I'm still sad the "Blizzard Outcasts" game isn't true too: eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/games/outcasts/

Blizzard always go all out for April Fools. Looking forward to see what they do this year.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been awesome as a Halloween instance.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Seeing the kind of fun, if a bit gimmicky, fights we have in Blackrock Foundry, I wouldn't be surprised if they used that idea for an encounter.