Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm mainly talking the old Battlefront games. Not having played the new one for myself I don't have any firsthand experience how much it plays, or does not play, like the old ones or Battlefield.

I've never played the old games So I can only speak about what I have seen with this. While they are adding some single player modes they seem to be focusing on multiplayer like most other shooters have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Have you seen Battlefront 3? It's essentially BF using the star wars name. I mean hell it's even using the frostbite engine.
    And?...

I mean, there's a pretty robust multiplayer community for Battlefront and all over the years, but there's also a big group of folks who just liked the solo play. Battlefront 3 being on Frostbite engine is irrelevant.

Battlefront fans don't want Star Wars: Battlefield, they want Battlefront.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And?...

I mean, there's a pretty robust multiplayer community for Battlefront and all over the years, but there's also a big group of folks who just liked the solo play. Battlefront 3 being on Frostbite engine is irrelevant.

Battlefront fans don't want Star Wars: Battlefield, they want Battlefront.

Do you have any numbers on how many completed the single player?

A big group to you is probably nothing to EA.

Have you seen Battlefront 3? It's essentially BF using the star wars name. I mean hell it's even using the frostbite engine.
    Dragon Age Inquisition used the Frostbite engine.

ME4 is using it.

Mirrors Edge 2 is using it.

Hell basically every EA non sports game is using it. Sports = Ignite engine everything else = Frostbite.

Not sure what the hell point you where trying to get across with that. EA invested a lot into DICE making the current Frostbite engine to use it on a wide variety of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Dragon Age Inquisition used the Frostbite engine.

ME4 is using it.

Mirrors Edge 2 is using it.

Hell basically every EA non sports game is using it. Sports = Ignite engine everything else = Frostbite.

Not sure what the hell point you where trying to get across with that. EA invested a lot into DICE making the current Frostbite engine to use it on a wide variety of games.

Just saying there are a lot of similarity between the games. Frostbite engine being one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any numbers on how many completed the single player?

A big group to you is probably nothing to EA.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/

Go look at the poll they have up on their site. Now it isn't definitive proof that everyone plays the single player campaign for games like this, but it's more proof than you've provided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    http://www.gameinformer.com/

Go look at the poll they have up on their site. Now it isn't definitive proof that everyone plays the single player campaign for games like this, but it's more proof than you've provided.

Only claim I have made had to do with BF4. I'm just not dismissing their claim because "EA".....

Only claim I have made had to do with BF4. I'm just not dismissing their claim because "EA".....
    You should dismiss their claim because it's really "We didn't have time."

BF4 was broken as hell and took months of development away from Battlefront.

The DICE had to roll in and do Hardlines MP as Visceral was barely able to finish the campaign.

All while Battlefront didn't get the delay it should have because DICE was swarmed in a 10 foot pile of shit EA dumped on them.

Any Star Wars game without a story/campaign to it is pretty damn sad tbh and a waste of the IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should dismiss their claim because it's really "We didn't have time."

BF4 was broken as hell and took months of development away from Battlefront.

The DICE had to roll in and do Hardlines MP as Visceral was barely able to finish the campaign.

All while Battlefront didn't get the delay it should have because DICE was swarmed in a 10 foot pile of shit EA dumped on them.

Any Star Wars game without a story/campaign to it is pretty damn sad tbh and a waste of the IP.

Then you know not to buy this one huh. Seems like the issue was solved.

Haven't seen Dice make one decent game.

Then you know not to buy this one huh. Seems like the issue was solved.
    Yea, I forgot we shouldn't speak out about terrible practices in the game industry just because we won't buy the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarz View Post
    Haven't seen Dice make one decent game.
    Battlefield series before 4. Mirror's Edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I forgot we shouldn't speak out about terrible practices in the game industry just because we won't buy the game...

How is not having a single player a terrible practice? Many games are made like this.

No one complains when single player games don't have online.......

How is not having a single player a terrible practice? Many games are made like this.

No one complains when single player games don't have online.......
    Except it is a series that has always had a single player campaign. Nice try guy.

Except it is a series that has always had a single player campaign. Nice try guy.
    If you call the single player from battlefront games a campaign your deluding yourself. They just threw you onto a new planet following the movies line. It was nothing new nor big.

10+ Year Old Account

Diablo always had a single player game until D3. It's still a top selling pc game years after release.

fin d me someone who bought battlefront 1 or 2 for the single player campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo always had a single player game until D3. It's still a top selling pc game years after release.
    Blizzard killed diablo franchise with 3 so its not really a valid point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    fin d me someone who bought battlefront 1 or 2 for the single player campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard killed diablo franchise with 3 so its not really a valid point

Apearently you didn't hear the latest report from them.

D3 is now up to 30 millions sales. If that is killing the franchise most developers would love to copy them.

Apearently you didn't hear the latest report from them.

D3 is now up to 30 millions sales. If that is killing the franchise most developers would love to copy them.
    apparantly you never played diablo 2 enough to know what a travisty diablo 3 is.

Sales dont make a game good, it just means diablo 3 rode on the coatails that diablo 2 set down. I havnt met a single person who played diablo 2 for a meaningfull amount of time who has enjoyed diablo 3 more than 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    apparantly you never played diablo 2 enough to know what a travisty diablo 3 is.
    Look I'm not going to get into this beyond this post. I played D2 for many years and would choose D3 over D2 in a heartbeat.

The only people saying D3 failed is random internet people. Any other metric used to score a games shows D3 was a massive success.

Anyways that is not the point of this thread. I won't reply about D3 again so if you want to continue it feel free to pm me.