Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What is wrong with you !
    Nothing. I have my own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    How has the story line been shit on? No one has seen the movie yet!! Sound like the "diehard fans" should be renamed to the "pre-judgmental fans." I also really enjoyed the new Star Trek movies, and that's coming from a fan who has seen every Star Trek episode/movie ever made.

This whole everything is shit except the original mentality is incredibly disheartening. That goes for everything, not just Star Wars.
    They allready said the entire book line never happened. So far what iv seen is they are portraying the empire as still useing Tie Fighters, They ruined the x-wing, looks nothing like the xj-wing. I highly doubt they will include the vong invasion, from the sounds of the hiring for actors looks like chewy will be alive, there apparantly is a new tarkin despite him not having children. The symbol on the xwings in the trailer most def did NOT look like the galactic alliance. Sorry but the first thing disney did was put a nice big BRAND on everything that was EU and call it legends and say it wasnt cannon. These movies are supposed to take place around the time of the joiner trilogy and i really dont see that happening. Lets not forget the fact that luke is supposed to be a jedi grand master at this time, leia is supposed to be a jedi knight as well and neither are anywhere in the galaxy of remotely being believably in shape to be either of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Nothing. I have my own opinions.
    Read that again but read it in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_WNIrUmWc (craig fergusons voice)

with a half grin attached.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

it makes me sad to see how petulant the fanbase for one of my favorite franchises is you all whine like children which is ironic since one of the biggest complaints i hear is "theyre making it all for kids!" and on that note, star wars has ALWAYS been for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    it makes me sad to see how petulant the fanbase for one of my favorite franchises is you all whine like children which is ironic since one of the biggest complaints i hear is "theyre making it all for kids!" and on that note, star wars has ALWAYS been for kids
    Go read the new jedi order series or the one that follows, or the republic commando series. Not made for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Go read the new jedi order series or the one that follows, or the republic commando series. Not made for children.
    the expanded universe book series have always been made by third parties

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    Indeed, how dare the fanbase want a quality story. Damn kids
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

the moment that disney decided to shit on the vong, was when i was done with star wars.

the vong would have made starwars into a space fantasy horror. it would have been the most amazing set of star wars movies ever made, because they would have been a truly scary enemy. truly dangerous too, since they were mostly immune to the force.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the moment that disney decided to shit on the vong, was when i was done with star wars.

the vong would have made starwars into a space fantasy horror. it would have been the most amazing set of star wars movies ever made, because they would have been a truly scary enemy. truly dangerous too, since they were mostly immune to the force.
    The vong added a sense of realism. It showed major characters arnt invicible. It showed the true horror of something like the vong killing untold trillions that they did. And a desperation that i very much doubt disney will show again. As the human galaxy was literally on the verge of a genocide. I also doubt the disney wars will ever mention or spotlight the genocides that the empire conducted like when they abandoned corrusant and all the enslavements.

I choose not to believe this merely because I don't want any disappointing experiences with the game.

http://bravointel.com/2015/02/11/rum...force-awakens/

Makes me sad to see that the games will be bastardized with the new alternate disney wars storyline. I will beyond facepalm if they expect people to beleave that the tie fighter is still in service for the time period the new movies come out and if there is supposed to be a relative of tarkin coming out of fucking no where.
    To the OP, SW Battlefront had little to do with actual canon. Maybe the new game might put more focus on the campaign, but Battlefront was mostly about being a part of a large scale shooter battle. It's like complaining about CoD or BF story tbh when the multiplayer is all that matters.

As to your complaint on Disney, I also hate the fact that the plenty of books I read on TOR, SOE, and NJE now remain as non canon. I am not going to shit on the movie though because of that. Lucas has done some extreme damage to SW in the later years. Disney tends to know how to make great movies.

I'll judge the film and the new story-line once I see it instead of foaming in the mouth for the sake of hating something before hearing mere rumors. That's just immature.

Side note: While I hate that the joke of Clone Wars is actually canon (...like seriously), it's funny that Disney actually makes a series that is an extreme improvement which is Rebels. But sure just hate on Disney, because its cool.
    Last edited by kail; 2015-02-12 at 08:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "The Downloadable Content plan for the game is “extremely aggressive”."

That sounds like EA alright, rumor confirmed right there :V
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What exactly was Lucas doing with the Star Wars universe again?

Oh yea, that's right nothing.

At the end of the day even if you don't enjoy the new direction Star Wars heads in someone will, likely a new generation will. Those people enjoying it is better then the universe being completely dead because Lucas gives a rats ass about it.

As a huge Star Wars fan Lucas did nothing to be loyal to the fans. He turned against the fans because they weren't all "zomg best films ever" for his prequel trilogy. Disney is not the bad guys here, at least they are DOING SOMETHING with the damn Star Wars brand instead of sitting on their ass eating cheetos and complaining about their legions of fans.
    I'll tell you what Lucas wasn't doing... Closing fucking Lucas Arts!!! God dammit I had so much hype for 1313.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

I'll judge the film and the new story-line once I see it instead of foaming in the mouth for the sake of hating something before hearing mere rumors. That's just immature.
    Really doesnt matter the new storyline, it would be like spending the past 20 years of your life majoring in history then have someone come down and say HEY none of that happened, here is what we are going to say happened, none of that was real so just forget it. The new disney wars for me will be set in the star wars universe but have nothing to do with the REAL story line, idgaf what disney says is cannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I'll tell you what Lucas wasn't doing... Closing fucking Lucas Arts!!! God dammit I had so much hype for 1313.
    you think there is a snowballs chance in hell we will ever see another rogue squadron game? Iv been waiting since middle school.

We know a big fat zero about Disney's Star Wars. Literally zero. And people are already OMFG DISNEY SUX, THEY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD.

Really?

I don't have high expectations, but I will give them a chance.

Really doesnt matter the new storyline, it would be like spending the past 20 years of your life majoring in history then have someone come down and say HEY none of that happened, here is what we are going to say happened, none of that was real so just forget it. The new disney wars for me will be set in the star wars universe but have nothing to do with the REAL story line, idgaf what disney says is canon.
    OK then don't watch the movie, since it won't exist in your world. I can't imagine how you'd handle Marvel / DC comics. Big IPs tend to have messy canon.

I loved the prequels more than the sequels. Don't understand the hate towards Lucas =/ I'd rather have him controlling the series than Disney. The Marvel movies are a disaster. So meh. It was expected that the next SW game will taking after the crap Disney wants. Disappointing but people will eat it up.

I love how OP won't accept the new movies as canon but somehow was able to accept the expanded universe as canon without any issues. If the new movies are an 'alternate reality', then so was everything in the expanded universe.

Also, you're coming off as a child who sticks their fingers in their ears and yells "lalalala, I can't hear you, that's not my canon!"

[edit]

You're also getting your panties in a bunch over rumors.

I mean, jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I loved the prequels more than the sequels. Don't understand the hate towards Lucas =/ I'd rather have him controlling the series than Disney. The Marvel movies are a disaster. So meh. It was expected that the next SW game will taking after the crap Disney wants. Disappointing but people will eat it up.
    Is it possible for a human to be anymore wrong?

Likes the prequels more, calls the original trilogy the "sequels", thinks MCU movies are a mess, wishes Lucas was still calling the shots. Do you also enjoy injecting meth into your eye balls and punching yourself in the testicles?
    Last edited by Einchy; 2015-02-12 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    I love how OP won't accept the new movies as canon but somehow was able to accept the expanded universe as canon without any issues. If the new movies are an 'alternate reality', then so was everything in the expanded universe.

Also, you're coming off as a child who sticks their fingers in their ears and yells "lalalala, I can't hear you, that's not my canon!"

[edit]

You're also getting your panties in a bunch over rumors.

I mean, jesus christ.
    the old movies were written as books as well. In fact every one of the movies i was alive for i read the books before i saw them.

They allready said the entire book line never happened. So far what iv seen is they are portraying the empire as still useing Tie Fighters, They ruined the x-wing, looks nothing like the xj-wing. I highly doubt they will include the vong invasion, from the sounds of the hiring for actors looks like chewy will be alive, there apparantly is a new tarkin despite him not having children. The symbol on the xwings in the trailer most def did NOT look like the galactic alliance. Sorry but the first thing disney did was put a nice big BRAND on everything that was EU and call it legends and say it wasnt cannon. These movies are supposed to take place around the time of the joiner trilogy and i really dont see that happening. Lets not forget the fact that luke is supposed to be a jedi grand master at this time, leia is supposed to be a jedi knight as well and neither are anywhere in the galaxy of remotely being believably in shape to be either of these.
    EU never was the same Canon as the movies. Never has been. GEORGE LUCAS himself said the movies and EU were different universes himself for decades.

As a long time fan of Star Wars I have zero issue with Disney having the rights and making the movies. They have proven for decades they make good movies.

I don't understand your rage other than you being either 12 or an immature adult that simple thinks Disney=Kids=bad. The Marvel mcu is a perfect example of Disneys ability to make good movies and have them fit a large demographic.
    Also I don't think I'll take advice on what is good storytelling from someone that likes Halo.

Stop getting your big boys panties all twisted for no reason.