Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Starwars battlefront 3 leaks

http://bravointel.com/2015/02/11/rum...force-awakens/

Makes me sad to see that the games will be bastardized with the new alternate disney wars storyline. I will beyond facepalm if they expect people to beleave that the tie fighter is still in service for the time period the new movies come out and if there is supposed to be a relative of tarkin coming out of fucking no where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we..do we even know that the new disney star wars is going to be bad? How can you assume that? :P

And the tie fighter is a venerable old fighter. Why would they just scrap it? Some countries irl still fly planes from 30+ years ago as their front line fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

And just because they don't say "Oh by the way, X person has a relative" in the orig movies does not mean they don't exist; if they showed all characters relevant relatives the movies would be like 12 hours long, each :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://bravointel.com/2015/02/11/rum...force-awakens/

Makes me sad to see that the games will be bastardized with the new alternate disney wars storyline. I will beyond facepalm if they expect people to beleave that the tie fighter is still in service for the time period the new movies come out and if there is supposed to be a relative of tarkin coming out of fucking no where.
    I'm with you Zeta; ever since Disney took over the franchise, my doom & gloom in me has been buzzing whenever the new Star Wars trilogy and it's related content is mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Do we..do we even know that the new disney star wars is going to be bad? How can you assume that? :P

And the tie fighter is a venerable old fighter. Why would they just scrap it? Some countries irl still fly planes from 30+ years ago as their front line fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

And just because they don't say "Oh by the way, X person has a relative" in the orig movies does not mean they don't exist; if they showed all characters relevant relatives the movies would be like 12 hours long, each :P
    If you only showed important relatives, (ie, Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker, etc), then it'd only be 3 hours.

At this point, I'd take an entire movie devoted to Jar Jar Binks by Lucas over a Disney reined sequel trilogy any day now TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you realize how bad of a movie would starwars be if lucas took over the entire development of the original star wars.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I dont think you realize how bad of a movie would starwars be if lucas took over the entire development of the original star wars.
    We have two devils here to pick from: Lucas, or Disney. Lucas at least has competence and a passion for a universe he brought into being; Disney has a talent for ruining universes they inherit and stuffing stupid love stories in them just for the sake of bringing the girls to theaters and completely twisting their franchises to Hollywood's standards (which if you remember; Lucas didn't want anything to do with Hollywood. He did what he wanted and only, which is what made Star Wars great in the first place).

i'd rather there never be another thing related to star wars than bullshit from disney. lucas needs to be kicked in the teeth for selling out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    We have two devils here to pick from: Lucas, or Disney. Lucas at least has competence and a passion for a universe he brought into being; Disney has a talent for ruining universes they inherit and stuffing stupid love stories in them just for the sake of bringing the girls to theaters and completely twisting their franchises to Hollywood's standards (which if you remember; Lucas didn't want anything to do with Hollywood. He did what he wanted and only, which is what made Star Wars great in the first place).

Except nearly every Marvel Movie has been pretty damn good. At this point this doom and gloom has no foundation to stand on. If anything EA might do something to screw it up then the scapegoat that is Disney.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, lucas is the molyneux of films, the original Star wars plot and ideas were a big fucked up mess, but the studio saved it (same with molyneux, bullfrog saved his ass big time)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd rather there never be another thing related to star wars than bullshit from disney. lucas needs to be kicked in the teeth for selling out.
    Let's be honest; he wouldn't have done anything with it anyways, and if he did everyone would still be whining. At least now he no longer has to be blamed whenever a new SW title comes out and doesn't live up to people's expectations and second, he's got a ton more money now to go around do whatever the hell old people do when they get a ton of money. Though I agree he needs to be kicked in the teeth for selling his legacy out. Like Markus Peerson...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Dude, lucas is the molyneux of films
    Pretty sure Shyamalan deserves that title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest; he wouldn't have done anything with it anyways, and if he did everyone would still be whining. At least now he no longer has to be blamed whenever a new SW title comes out and doesn't live up to people's expectations and second, he's got a ton more money now to go around do whatever the hell old people do when they get a ton of money. Though I agree he needs to be kicked in the teeth for selling his legacy out. Like Markus Peerson...
    Oh ffs, I'd argue Starwars is in better hands then Lucas. You guys really should listen to what you say.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What exactly was Lucas doing with the Star Wars universe again?

Oh yea, that's right nothing.

At the end of the day even if you don't enjoy the new direction Star Wars heads in someone will, likely a new generation will. Those people enjoying it is better then the universe being completely dead because Lucas gives a rats ass about it.

As a huge Star Wars fan Lucas did nothing to be loyal to the fans. He turned against the fans because they weren't all "zomg best films ever" for his prequel trilogy. Disney is not the bad guys here, at least they are DOING SOMETHING with the damn Star Wars brand instead of sitting on their ass eating cheetos and complaining about their legions of fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with you Zeta; ever since Disney took over the franchise, my doom & gloom in me has been buzzing whenever the new Star Wars trilogy and it's related content is mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

If you only showed important relatives, (ie, Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker, etc), then it'd only be 3 hours.

At this point, I'd take an entire movie devoted to Jar Jar Binks by Lucas over a Disney reined sequel trilogy any day now TBH.
    The Marvel movies have been good, so I dont see why Star Wars wont be either.

But didn't Lucas create the original movies and every one up to the last in the trilogy (excluding disney's addition). Also, I don't see why people are hating on Lucas, If it's because of the pre-quels then I fail to see the hate still, I loved the prequels a lot more than the originals. I trust the original painter to do a better job of adding onto his own picture than an artist who is known for ruining them.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The Marvel movies have been good
    Well then, we have different points of view, and I'll leave it at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    But didn't Lucas create the original movies and every one up to the last in the trilogy (excluding disney's addition). Also, I don't see why people are hating on Lucas, If it's because of the pre-quels then I fail to see the hate still, I loved the prequels a lot more than the originals. I trust the original painter to do a better job of adding onto his own picture than an artist who is known for ruining them.
    This in every way. People can have their own opinions about the prequels, but at least they were made by the same author who had just as much passion for his universe when he wrote them when he originally started it. But handing it all over to suits who only care about the money? That won't end quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What exactly was Lucas doing with the Star Wars universe again?

Oh yea, that's right nothing.

At the end of the day even if you don't enjoy the new direction Star Wars heads in someone will, likely a new generation will. Those people enjoying it is better then the universe being completely dead because Lucas gives a rats ass about it.

As a huge Star Wars fan Lucas did nothing to be loyal to the fans. He turned against the fans because they weren't all "zomg best films ever" for his prequel trilogy. Disney is not the bad guys here, at least they are DOING SOMETHING with the damn Star Wars brand instead of sitting on their ass eating cheetos and complaining about their legions of fans.
    Why does something have to be done at all? Could've just kept it at the original trilogy and respected what they had instead of risking it for something more.

10+ Year Old Account
    This in every way. People can have their own opinions about the prequels, but at least they were made by the same author who had just as much passion for his universe when he wrote them when he originally started it. But handing it all over to suits who only care about the money? That won't end quite well.
    People wanted more Starwars and Lucas wasn't going to do it anymore so why not give it to others to help. This isn't a bad move inherently.

Warrior-Magi

I still can't fucking believe they cancelled star wars 1313

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Well on one hand you have Lucas, who made the originals and then ruined the prequels, or Disney, who has been pumping out crowd pleasing fare for the last 80? years.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The Marvel movies have been good, so I dont see why Star Wars wont be either.
    Because comic book fans are used to timelines being shit all over and alternate universe shit and several years of storyline not meaning dick. Star wars so far has not had a great deal of this. I would be fine with disney owning it if they hand't shit on 20 years of story allready laid out just so they can sell more and make a more kid friendly storyline. Look at the starwars rebels, cartoony and compltly aimed at children. All the new books have the same look of kiddy cartoons on them. Rumor is they will bring vader back for the new movies as well as tarkin. Sorry but i will treat anything on the disney wars storyline as the same as the jj abrams star trek, might be a good movie but it is a alternate storyline that doesnt mean dick.

As a huge Star Wars fan Lucas did nothing to be loyal to the fans. He turned against the fans because they weren't all "zomg best films ever" for his prequel trilogy
    The major thing that saved the franchise was the books. Zahns thrawn trilogy put star wars back on the map, so much so i doubt there would have been a prequel trilogy without it.

Right now disney is trying to milk as much hype as humanly possible for the new movies, the rebels cartoon, the books leading up and now promising this shit. I think in about 10 years disney will have squeezed every ounce of life from this franchise and throw it to the wayside.

I actually forgot that star wars was sullied right after it came out. Not many people know about the star wars christmas special. More star wars isn't always a good idea.