Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrison buildings not worth to upgrade / not worth at all

Hi everyone, I'm new to garrisons and i just want some advices on what buildings that are not worth the upgrade from level 1 to 2 and worth and buildings that are not worth at all, please try to explain why, thank you in advance

- - - Updated - - -

a little pump

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-your-Garrison

See the sticky'd thread in the Garrison forum.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Thank you, but i want the players own opinions and those guides just tell you what and how to do it ^^
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2015-02-12 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Mines/Herbs garden: Level 2 is ok. I would say level 3 for garden is good level 3 for mines is overkill.
    Well the upgrade does not cost you much, but it does add 4 mine carts each day that can also be looted for extra ore, primals etc. So would upgrade it really.

Lumber Mill: Sounded good at start but not really. Use it for the titles and achievements/followers
    Handy at first, replace it later. Although I still do have it, (with Phylarch assigned to it) I don't need it anymore...

Come 6.1 Barn might not be as useful/needed as it is now since you will be able to get savage blood in other ways.

Personally I think Barracks and Salvage Yard are musts to upgrade to 3

Inn, mines and herb garden are strongly recommended.

Inn and Bunker are advisable at first but replaceable easy later on.

Rest is basically your decision if you feel it's worth it...
    Last edited by velde046; 2015-02-12 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the above pretty much, although I'd say the Inn is pretty much obligatory to start with to ensure you can build up a set of followers with a decent balanced skillset. Same with the Bunker for follower upgrades.

My typical setup would be:
    Profession building
    Storehouse
    Salvage Yard

Inn
    Barn

Bunker
    Barracks

E

Inn: You can remove it after you got all the toys

Gladiator Sanctum: Solid gold honor CP gains at level 2 and above. Reccomended for pvpers.

I beg to differ on the Inn. Keep it at level 2 or three and you can get any kind of follower once a week. I am planning on getting some treasure followers once 6.1 hits. For that alone its worth keeping around.

The Sanctum is better then what you describe it as. Combined with an enchanting building, its a lot of dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Agree with the above pretty much, although I'd say the Inn is pretty much obligatory to start with to ensure you can build up a set of followers with a decent balanced skillset. Same with the Bunker for follower upgrades.

My typical setup would be:
    Profession building
    Storehouse
    Salvage Yard

Inn
    Barn

Bunker
    Barracks
    Yeah but at what level (1-2-3) and why, cause some buildings are not worth the upgrade and others are not worth at all.

Thank you everyone, more opinions please

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to advise if you have not caught on to the note, lvl 3 Inn will unlock a different set of missions in 6.1 as well as a new trait which you might need to recruit more people for.

- - - Updated - - -

Moved the thread to the right section as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Yeah but at what level (1-2-3) and why, cause some buildings are not worth the upgrade and others are not worth at all.

Thank you everyone, more opinions please
    Well basically depends on what YOU want. If you don't raid for example, then bunker lvl 3 is not necessary as you don't need the token.
    If you don't assign followers to buildings then perhaps a lvl 2 barracks is sufficient for you to do all the missions.

If you are capped for number of followers and have all the toys you need from dungeon missions you don't need the inn at all....
    There is no simple and clear answer for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I would like to advise if you have not caught on to the note, lvl 3 Inn will unlock a different set of missions in 6.1 as well as a new trait which you might need to recruit more people for.

- - - Updated - - -

Moved the thread to the right section as well.
    Thank you, i didn't know that.

Level 3 INN is good for the extra level 100 missions that pair nicely with salvage yard, BUT if all you want the Inn for is to recruit followers then you should just put the Inn up once every two weeks. This is what I do on my alts that I am building their follower skillset.

Build Inn on Monday night and get it to level 2. Recruit follower.
    Tuesday at the week reset, recruit the follower for that week and then replace Inn with Trade Post.
    Keep trade post until the Monday after this week and then replace again and get two followers.

This way you get your follower every week, but you only have the Inn for a half a day or so on a two week cycle. I just set a calendar reminder to do it Monday night.

I like the Trade post better because it lets you burn off excess garrison resources. I am not aware of another method to burn off resources that turns into gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage Tower: Looks good but mostly useless everything in WoD is 3 min taxi away.
    I think it is rather cool for World PvP, those portals are close to Raids and Daily zones.

It is also good if you have barn, Elite mobs in Nagrand are very close to the portal.

Salvage Yard: "Obligatory" level 3 for all the big boxes.

Gladiator Sanctum: Solid gold honor CP gains at level 2 and above. Reccomended for pvpers.
    Those two are very good if you have an Enchanting, even if you don't PvP that much. You just go Ashran once a week and get around 600 Broken Bones for work orders. Not only you can disenchant items right from the completed work order, but you can also buy Honor gear to disenchant it.

I don't have to explain why Salvage Yard is good for Enchant, do I?

Uh, you get resources and even some gold for free. What do you have to lose?

Deleted
    Inn: You can remove it after you got all the toys
    I strongly disagree. More gold missiosn are always nice + with 6.1, you can recruit follwoers with the Treasure Hunter trait, so this building will become worth it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    I strongly disagree. More gold missiosn are always nice + with 6.1, you can recruit follwoers with the Treasure Hunter trait, so this building will become worth it for sure.
    Especially if you have alts with level 3 inns. I'm producing 4k gold a day for less than an hours work in missions alone, and that trait could get me up to 10k if I'm moderately lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage Tower: Looks good but mostly useless everything in WoD is 3 min taxi away.
    Apparently, ogre waygates are very close to both BRF and HM. In 6.1, your raid should be able to use the mage tower as well which makes it more useful.

Dwarven Bunker: Has some utility for ever meaning you can always get 1 weekly token for extra raid rolls.
    Depends on your GR situation. For folks capping GR (lucky scavengers) this has less appeal currently but in 6.1 there will be more ways to spend GR so you should be capping GR anymore.

Barrack: At level 3 you get a nice building and 5 extra followers cap so no brainer you need it.
    Again depends on how many followers you have active in other buildings. It might not be worth it if you only really have 2~3 followers in buildings.

Mines/Herbs garden: Level 2 is ok. I would say level 3 for garden is good level 3 for mines is overkill.
    Considering the cost to upgrade to lv 3 herbs and mines, it's not really that big of a deal. The mines do provide a few more carts which typically has primal spirits. BTW primal spirits have improved usage in 6.1

Lumber Mill: Sounded good at start but not really. Use it for the titles and achievements/followers
    Again depends on your GR situation. If you're capping GR limit, then not really needed BUT as I mentioned in 6.1, there's going to be more ways to spend GR. Also this building is getting a buff to provide a base of 30 GR per work order (up from 20) which puts it on par with the Trading post. This is before adding the follower which would boost production to 45 GR (50% bonus of 30 = 15). Highly recommend stocking up lumber since you can store beyond the 250 cap for lumber.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2014/11/ga...ans-buildings/

Here is an a example for what i was talking about, thank you everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Inn, salvage yard, barracks, bunker. These are the only buildings I would consider mandatory to get lvl 3 on main and eventually on all your alts.

Mine/herb garden - waste of time especially if you have a lot of alts

I found that Lumber Mill / Trading post are great temporary sources of garrison resources.
    Both are replaceable, I still run my trading post for days I am bored and I feel like farming Ashran for auction house components (cant drop without trading post).
    Once you get enough scavengers, you no longer need these.

Frostwall tavern and barracks are both 100% required lvl 3 if you intend on getting raiding/raiding related things.. such as progressing towards mythic caches / free weekly loot roll seal.

Enchanters hut, and salvage yard are mandatory in my opinion.
    The option of disenchanting follower mission loot and just extra crap, great way to generate crystals for enchants or just gold.
    The primary reason for enchanters hut is in my opinion, the enchant transmog worker. Very cool feature.

Salvage yard is mandatory to provide follower equipment upgrades, greens/blues for disenchanting and the chance at BoE epics like scabbard, candle, lucky coin etc.

I have a inscription hut just to generate work orders and sell cards. The cards actually used to sell for a lot, but now it's only war cards that sell decently.
    I used to have the JC hut, but removed it for a salvage yard, it was pretty pointless as the green gems were irrelevant and the jewelry didnt sell well.

Mine and Herb garden are to feed certain professions and certain hut work orders. I mainly keep them running at level 3 just to keep work orders flowing for legendary shards/stones etc.

Fcuk fishing.
    Fcuk pets.

That be all.

- - - Updated - - -

After thinking about those last 3 lines...
    I should probably start the fishing / pet garbage assuming they have work orders.
    The faster I get my legendary shards the better. They are pretty frequently found in work order crates.

I'm at the point where I could tear everything down except the salvage yard. I don't even submit work orders anymore because I have more mats than I can possibly use for the entire expansion and no desire to deal with the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.