Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    For those in heroic that might downsize,just watch the number of ranged. If it drops to low we switch to a ranged classification to fulfill that number.

On furnace I fistweaved p1, then fistweaved on each shield break in p2 (dat rjw eminence yum). P3 You could theoretically do either. I think I mistweaved just cause we were max energy cause everyone died.

Kromog I stood on melee and RJwd. Maidens I did boat, took xuen, should have had torp. I play weirdly though.
    We send a druid to do boats, but I would definitely use Chi Torp on Maidens. Works great for Penetrating shot, just Burst + Torp along the line
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    We send a druid to do boats, but I would definitely use Chi Torp on Maidens. Works great for Penetrating shot, just Burst + Torp along the line
    I've never been on the boat because of my challenge mode nightmares and anything involving isolated groups. Don't count Xuen out, especially since he can cleave on this fight. Top Mistweavers are using him (on cooldown I guess?) and getting a good 1-2 mill. out of eminence healing. My group drops our stacking formation so fast I would lose the 6 targets after the first torpedo. I don't have numbers in front of me but pre-6.1 it would probably do more healing to use RJW and kinda hug the group till it disperses enough, yes?

Given how spread out we are for most of this boss none of these talents are optimal 100% of the time, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    I've never been on the boat because of my challenge mode nightmares and anything involving isolated groups. Don't count Xuen out, especially since he can cleave on this fight. Top Mistweavers are using him (on cooldown I guess?) and getting a good 1-2 mill. out of eminence healing. My group drops our stacking formation so fast I would lose the 6 targets after the first torpedo. I don't have numbers in front of me but pre-6.1 it would probably do more healing to use RJW and kinda hug the group till it disperses enough, yes?

Given how spread out we are for most of this boss none of these talents are optimal 100% of the time, though.
    Of course, and I can see how all of the L90 talents could work on this boss. First kill (last week) I used RJW, but only used it in the sub-20% phase on melee, but I see Chi Torp as being more useful (free) and burst-y healing on demand. Plus, it's only getting better in 6.1
    Brolibear!
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Hey, I'm a MW Monk with 10/10 HC and 6/10 Mythic. Might not be that great but I'll share my thoughts about the fights and what I think is best. (I'll try to explain with a "normal" tactic which most guilds run. But beware some tips might be for a specific encounter or tactic on that certain boss. :> )

Gruul the Subjugated
    For both HC and Mythic -
    If the raid is letting the tanks soak and range soak with one of the tanks then go with RJW and Pool of Mists. And if the you're going for 2 split groups in the whole raid that splits, go for Xuen and ChiEX.
    Both Diffuse Magic and Dampen Harm work great here, depending on the damage you take you can swap between both.

RJW and Pool of Mists is pretty standard and if you don't want to experiment and give the raid some extra DPS you can run with this even if you're doing 2 groups.
    When Gruul Inferno Slashes the raid just pop RJW and a 6+ Uplift spam, and keep doing that for the whole fight.

Xuen and ChiEX for that fight is very strong because you're all pretty close to eachother and your Eminence healing does a lot if you know how to rotate between fistweaving and using your Thunder Focus Tea to keep Renewing Mist up.

Oregorger
    For both HC and Mythic -
    Always go with RJW, Pool of Mists and Dampen Harm.

I prefer to stand in range for this fight since they take a bit more damage than melee. Try to keep a lot of Renewing Mist stacks up so you can spam RJW with Uplist for the burst damage that the boss does.
    In p2 try to spread Renewing Mist and keep Uplifting while avoiding the roll damage, always channel Soothing Mist while you can and Surging Mist if the target goes low and might die from the overall AoE.
    Other then that just try to save mana while still having RJW up at crucial moments.

Blast Furnace
    For Heroic -
    Go with RJW, Pool of Mists and Diffuse Magic.
    Before the pull use Thunder Focus Tea and spread your Renewing Mists so you have 4 Chi. Swap to Fistweave, Prepot and go ham for the first 45s/1min. Then you can swap back to Serpent and spread Renewing Mists with Thunder Focus Tea again and just keep the raid up with Uplift, always try to channel Soothing Mist and Surging Mist if people go low from the Blast.
    -P2-
    You want to stack up next to the Elementalist so you can Fistweave it and keep RJW up on melee for the Blast damage. Always try to ToD the Elementalist if you struggle with damage, otherwhise skip the Fistweaving part on him and just keep healing so no one dies.
    -P3-
    Keep range stacked and just spam Uplift on 5+ targets (6 is max anyways so try to aim for that). RJW every time its up if your mana can handle it, otherwhise try to use it every now and then to keep the raid up. Save Revival for when the raid asks, or when you think it fits.

Hans'gar and Franzok
    For Heroic and Mythic -
    Go with RJW, Pool of Mists and Dampen Harm.
    There's a lot of running on this boss so try to get some good Uplift casts and always get ready to Soothing Mist and Surgning Mist spam the tank for the Suplex.
    RJW is great here because you can pop it when you're running and if the raid is stacked it will heal for a great amount. Mainly focus on healing the raid instead of the tanks because MW monks are great for that.
    Dampen Harm works great for the Jump because it's physical damage.

Flamebender Ka'graz
    For Heroic and Mythic -
    Go with Xuen, Pool of Mists and Diffuse Magic
    Heroic is a bit "easier" when it comes to raid damage so you can fistweave almost the whole fight. Try to Serpent heal during Firestorm if needed. If you know how to Fistweave you can keep doing it for a longer time and even during Firestorm, always use Xuen on CD, the raid doesn't stack up enough for RJW and Chi Torpedo is not worth it.
    Mythic might be a bit harder but Fistweave until the wolves come then swap to Serpent healing to keep the raid up, try to always have a lot of Renewing Mist HoTs on raid members so you can Uplift on the max amount of targets.

Kromog
    For Heroic and Mythic -
    In Heroic you can go with any lvl 90 talent, they are all good on that fight but RJW would be my pick.
    In Mythic you should go for RJW, Pool of Mists and Dampen Harm (so you can Dampen Harm the Breaths).

If your raid is stacking up then try to pop RJW during the Breaths and Slams. Keep AoE healing since that's what monks are best on, always have Renewing Mists on more than 6 members and keep Uplifting!
    When you run into the hands you can try to burst heal members that are taking a lot of damage with Surging Mists and Enveloping Mists.

Beastlord Darmac
    For Heroic and Mythic -
    Go with Any lvl 90 talent, I use RJW because I'm use to it. Mabye swap to Xuen because there's not much healing. Pool of Mists and Diffuse Magic
    This boss is pretty simple. You can fistweave a lot because Monks don't have much to heal the first 1-2 beasts that he mounts (depending on the ones you chose to let him mount first).
    For Heroic you can Fistweave the whole fight, but if you're not sure about how to do it or don't have enough gear you can Serpent heal. Try to focus your healing on the raid, and if a target gets Pinned Down try to burst heal them and mabye Envelopment Mist to keep them alive.
    For Mythic you can Fistweave until he mounts the first beast and then try to heal the focus on healing the raid and people that take a lot of damage from the fire breath or people that get Pinned Down.

Operator Thogar
    For Heroic (and some mythic) -
    Go with RJW if you're stacking the raid up or at least the range. Otherwhise go with Xuen for some extra damage. Take Pool of Mists and Diffuse Magic (works if you hit a train)

This boss doesn't have a lot of healing that needs to be done if you do it correctly. You can Fistweave most of the fight because it's only the boss that does damage. When the split trains come or the big add that does the huge AoE shout you might want to swap to Serpent to get the raid back up with some Uplifts then go back into Fistweaving.
    Always try to avoid trains and if needed you can Diffuse Magic one and survive without dying, but still take the knockback. When the raid splits to take the 2 trains with adds you might want to focus heal the tank because he'll be the only one that takes damage during that part.

Iron Maidens
    For Heroic -
    Go with RJW, Pool of Mists and Diffuse Magic.
    Why I take RJW over Chi Torpedo is because we raid that way, when someone gets a Penetrating Shot we usually let him stay behind the raid and the rest of us stack up. Which lets RJW be used perfectly because you can Uplift at the same time.
    I sometimes go Xuen because there is not much healing until 20%-ish, so you can get some nice Fistweaving going on for Mana Tea, or just try to Serpent heal for the whole fight if you don't like to Fistweave.
    If you go on the boat, don't be scared to waste mana on Surging Mist and Enveloping Mist because tha tank is going to take some damage. And always keep Renewing Mist up on 6+ targets if possible.

Blackhand
    For Heroic -
    Go with RJW, Pool of Mists and Dampen Harm.
    Dampen Harm works great here vs the Demolition and Mark of Death/Impale.

For this fight you want to spam Renewing Mist and Uplift almost all the time, be ready to use Renewing Mist on CD and always have it on most of the raid members because this fight is all about AoE damage.
    If you don't have any uplifts to cast always channel Soothing Mist for healing, and your statue heals a lot with it too.
    -P1-
    You want to save up 4 Chi and have Renewing Mist on a lot of targets so you can prepare for Uplift spam when the raid starts taking a lot of damage, you might need to revival depending on the raid setup etc.
    Keep an eye out for the Marked target if they fail that means you might have to Surging Mist spam heal them if they get knocked back, same goes for the tanks.
    Fistweaving is alright on this boss, I do it for the first 15-ish seconds to get some Mana Tea stacks and a little bit of damage in. I don't like Fistweaving in P2/3 since there's so much to heal.
    -P2-
    There's a lot of AoE damage going on in this fight so you want to just waste all Chi on Uplift and always use Surging Mist for Chi if you're out of it, and always use Renewing Mist on CD.
    If you have to go up on the sides you might want to spam heal and get Enveloping Mist on all the targets so they can survive, and mabye RJW if you're moving as a group.
    -P3-
    This is where Monks are REALLY strong. We can use RJW while stacked up and just keep Uplifting to save the raid, since monks are so mobile when you get knocked back you can TP back to your previous spot and just keep the raid up with some Uplift and mabye spam healing with Soothing/Surging Mist. This is where Revival is OP too since it's an instant cast you can use it whenever the raid goes low.

Done!

This was a lot more writing than I thought, I'm pretty sleepy and might not have explained the bosses that well, but I tried my best!
    Forgot to mention that I always go with Tiger's Lust and Power Strike because they fit my playstyle more. Chi Brew is really strong, but I enjoy Power Strike better.

Bosses might not be indepth but I don't mind explaning a fight from start to finish if people want it, I just tried to explain the most common things to do and look out for. Don't be scared to ask if you don't understand something.
    Same goes for gear, rotation etc I'm mabye not the best monk around but I'd love to help people that are struggling or want to know more about them.

Here is my armory/logs if you want to look. :3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...059682/latest/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Naiss/simple
    Last edited by mmocbbe06e3f4f; 2015-02-18 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need some tips for Mythic Beastlord! Thanks fellers!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'll tell you what NOT to do after raid tonight
    Brolibear!

Quote Originally Posted by The Naissus View Post
    Hey, I'm a MW Monk with 10/10 HC and 6/10 Mythic. Might not be that great but I'll share my thoughts about the fights and what I think is best. (I'll try to explain with a "normal" tactic which most guilds run. But beware some tips might be for a specific encounter or tactic on that certain boss. :> )
    Hey there Naissus, I'd love to have a discussion with you one on one about MW healing. Can you PM me? It's not letting me send you a private message. I'm an 8/10H MW and would love to hear your thoughts on some things. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Viele View Post
    Hey there Naissus, I'd love to have a discussion with you one on one about MW healing. Can you PM me? It's not letting me send you a private message. I'm an 8/10H MW and would love to hear your thoughts on some things. Thanks!
    I can give you a hand if you'd like. Now that you've got your 10 posts, PM me your skype/battletag/whatever else you use and I'll try my best to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Mythic Beastlord is really simple as a mistweaver monk, mainly because there honestly isn't much to do for the majority of the fight. Fistweaving is pretty much not an option after the wolf comes out, because he seems to cast Rend and Tear on us even though we're considered melee.. sometimes. There are key moments in the fight that you'll figure out when Life Cocoon needs to be used - the tanks take HEAVY damage in some parts of the fight (main place to look out for is the transition from Rylak to Faultline). You'll want to be taking Chi Burst, Chi Brew, Xuen/Torpedo (I recommend Xuen) and Pool of Mists.

The whole fight pretty much seems to be all about stacking mana teas so that you can just blow your load at the end of the fight (where the damage is not only high, but almost impossible to sustain for very long).