10+ Year Old Account

Nameplate Visibility Options (mainly Demo)

I love my nameplates - I use Tidyplates - and have them very nicely customized to my liking. But my question is more around the Blizzard visibility options. I've tinkered with Overlapping, switched back and forth to Stacking, though I've never been a fan of Spreading.

I'm mainly concerned about maximizing my HoG damage & DF generation so I'm wondering what you've found to be the best visibility option for something like splash damage.

Side note: Glyph of HoG anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interested in this also. Tab targetting has been extremely buggy for me lately, requiring multiple presses for it to move target. Clicking looks the best option, but with wonky camera angels, my nameplates are normally out of view unless I get eye level or beneath my characters eye level.

Deleted
    I don't think you'll be able to circumvent camera angle problems, zooming out as far as you can and hoping you won't randomly hit a wall is you best bet, i'd say. As for cleaving, i prefer to click on the actual model in some cases so my HoG lands exactly where i want it. I'll usually set the nameplates to overlapping, which shouldn't pose a problem if you don't intend to dot every single mob. Wish there was a way to display dots on all nameplates anytime without having to individually target them first though.

Don't like the Glyph, might be useful in some situations but too much of a hassle for the rest. The less clicks, the better.

About the glyph, sometimes my HoG stack gets refreshed with what must be like .03 seconds. I think if I had to manually target a reticule on the ground each time I would lose a lot of time on it.

I modify the opacity on TidyPlates between background mobs, target, and casting mobs while overlapping. Personally, I like to be able to see enough background without the nameplates spamming to see all possible targets. The standard Blizz nameplates always felt strange to me. As Klingzor had said, most likely end up clicking the model to target for the ideal placement. As for the glyph, I could see it being situational.

Works pretty much the same as the HoG glyph without the time wasting reticule. Remove the second line if you do not use focus targeting or edit it for a different modifier.

/cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast [mod:alt,@focus] Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Hand of Gul'dan