Deleted

Critique our healers - HC Darmac

Hi all,

Wanting some advice please. We gave HC Darmac a couple of goes last night. It went pretty terribly to say the least.

Logs: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/11#v=1,d=1

At the end of the night, someone mentioned, "We don't have the healing for this." I find it pretty hard to believe that three healers at 666, 673, 671 ilevel respectively don't have the healing for a 13 man raid on one of the easiest HC bosses. I could be wrong of course, but we have struggled a fair bit on normal bosses regarding staying alive. Even on normal Darmac with no spear pins we've scraped by.

The pinned downs in the last attempt were an issue, but on the first attempt of 74% all the healers were oom apparently.

Can someone please critique our three healers so I can pass on some feedback? Also if you can spot any other problems, that would be great.

Thanks

Your 2 ret paladins and kitty druid are taking a lot of damage from Rend and Tear, an easily avoidable mechanic.

Several of your other raiders are getting melee'd from the pack beasts, are the tanks slow on picking them up or are dps going nuts on them before tanks can even get them?
    Last edited by Theiea; 2015-02-12 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    DPS don't touch the pack beasts until they're at the boss and then cleave onto them/aoe etc. I didn't really notice to be honest, I do know that the resto druid died/came close to death when the boss came off a mount, tank didn't pick him up and he went over and punted him in the face.

Rend and tear fail with melee noted, thank you.

Deleted
    Resto druid could be doing more, but i don't think that's too much of the healer problem. By quick look i can tell that there is quite alot of dmg taken that could be and need to be avoided- for example rend and tear noone should be hited by this besides one tank.

Also there is alot of people getting hited by adds so either dps is going on them too fast or tank is too slow to pick them up.
    Last edited by mmoc2291c61596; 2015-02-12 at 10:36 AM.

I happen to be a resto Druid, 25k hps is pretty tame for darmac if I'm honest. Just a thought but have you got your ranged spread out and mele avoiding him coming back in after rend is cast? It's why we were wiping to begin with. On my phone so can't really analyse logs too well.

Deleted
    Ranged are spread out, but no idea about the melee. By how much they got hit, I would suspect the melee were tunnel-visioning and not avoiding him.

Poor dispelling on Savage Howl. Leeroy taking a lot of avoidable damage. Damnit Leeroy. Pack Beasts are staying up too long. Overall raaid HPS is below average but the R Druid probably could use the most improvement. Some of your DPS is really high, and some are really low.

Deleted
    You have logged your raids so there's little reason you can't identify the problem yourself. Just look at Restofaari's performance under infographics, he/she's performing at the 8th percentile, 92% of restodruids outperform him on that fight. Rataq isn't much better, at the 25th percentile, 75% of restoshamans outheal him.

Of course you can work to reduce raid daamage but 25khps at 670 ilvl is far from good.

Deleted
    Rataq wasn't healing on Darmac, just on Kromog nm.

So druid looking a bit weak, any resto druid experts (I am totally clueless) that can look at what he's casting and give some constructive feedback on what he is/isn't using properly?

Yup, your healers could be doing a lot better, but your melee are also taking shittons of easily avoidable damage. It's enough to take literally 3 steps away from boss' position before he jumps to avoid the Rend. It can get out of hand quickly if you're not avoiding it. Taking so much damage from the packs is also just plain dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Resto druid is poor no doubt about that but Savge Howl 8 Casts 1 dispel? You just asking for trouble. From looking at the logs I would suggest the whole raid needs a recap on the mechnics and how to deal with each one.

Our ret paladins started taking a lot less damage from Rend and Tear when they realized that they could bubble off the debuff. We were having issues with it too, until I mentioned that I (prot paladin) could BoP off the debuff for any melee who got too many stacks, but then they wouldn't be doing ANY dps until the debuff wore off or they figured out how to click it off.

Funny how that motivated them to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by FAWLKS View Post
    Rataq wasn't healing on Darmac, just on Kromog nm.
    Obviously, he mixed up the names of the restoration shaman. You should be able to associate the information given to the other shaman named, DanDan...

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/12#v=1,d=1

This is our log from lastnight, if you want to take a peek at the damage taken tabs and what not. Will also give you an idea on your shamans' performance versus ours. Take a peek at both shamans spell usages side by side.

Laf and I were two healing it for the first few attempts, and after chatting it up a bit, we decided to add another to help with the damage being dealt around the "avoidable" mechanics.

Also noted about your restoration druid, he is underperforming.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Our ret paladins started taking a lot less damage from Rend and Tear when they realized that they could bubble off the debuff. We were having issues with it too, until I mentioned that I (prot paladin) could BoP off the debuff for any melee who got too many stacks, but then they wouldn't be doing ANY dps until the debuff wore off or they figured out how to click it off.

Funny how that motivated them to get better.
    Or you could, you know, take a few steps back and back in and avoid the debuff completely. No sense over-complicating something so trivially avoided.

Deleted
    The obvious problem with people taking stupid dmg. The druid needs to increase his uptime on harmony until it reaches 90%+ same goes for lifebloom but 75%+ should be fine, sometimes u need to prioritize other things. Using shroom is mana efficient and very useful if placed correctly but it also depends if the tank is fucking about or not. Bare in mind that the druid in this case died and did not get to pull off a tranq during the stomp. The druid did not use nature's vigil or tree of life which also lowers his healing possbilities quite a bit. He rly needs 2 get the wild growth glyph the dash glyph is just silly. If one looked further into the logs it would be easy to spot what should be improved.

People in my raid still didn't seem to understand that he applies the stacking bleed in AOE both when he jumps away AND when he jumps back. Your melee DPS need that explained to them, if they're anything like mine. Make sure you're specific. They aren't expecting to have to dodge the tank swap debuff.