Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    NSFW http://www.michelangelo-gallery.org/...6)-1509-10.jpg NSFW

Case and point that is Eve.
    That is definately a beefcake Eve. And that came from Adams rib? That guy must have been lifting cathedrals
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What sort of messed up history could you teach if you didn't include religion? Bah this is derailing the thread ignore me.
    That's not what he's saying, he's saying that the two subjects should remain two subjects.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Also - old Mikey - was very fond of nude males *hint hint wink wink nodge nodge*.
    A lot of the painters of that time were. So sad the church damaged their paintings and sculptures by covering them up and they have to remove it (They would put a metal leaf into the male genitalia of the sculptures by drilling a hole in the member and inserting. Often when they were removed the part came with it.)

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what he's saying, he's saying that the two subjects should remain two subjects.
    When they intertwine you have to teach it, you can't discuss religious art without discussing religion. period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    That is definately a beefcake Eve. And that came from Adams rib? That guy must have been lifting cathedrals
    Fantastic facial expression she has there, "Sigh, ignore the penis... Please don't do the helicopter again Adam".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    This must be real. It's in Gooogle ^^
    Yeah, well... It's actually a fact that Jesus existed.

Whether he was the Messiah is up to one's belief, though.

By the way, it's 2015 and some of you still think it's cool to bash religions and claim they're stupid/not real. It's not cool and you look kinda douchey.
    I wonder why moderators just don't outright ban such kind of behavior. It doesn't bother me (and I'm religious), but it could hurt someone else's feelings. It's totally fine if someone does not believe in any kind of god, just don't act like you are superior to those who do. I mean, this is basically an offense - why isn't it bannable?

Let's be sensible and don't promote or bash any of the two positions. Can't we just be a nice bunch of people?

In some situations, it's just impossible. For example, most of the European countries have their history completely intertwined with Christianity, even to the point when the entire country has a saint patron. Even if the actual country is secular, its history is permanently connected to religion and you cannot just ignore that, because it's a huge part of the culture.
    Last edited by Spray; 2015-02-12 at 12:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the painters of that time were. So sad the church damaged their paintings and sculptures by covering them up and they have to remove it (They would put a metal leaf into the male genitalia of the sculptures by drilling a hole in the member and inserting. Often when they were removed the part came with it.)

- - - Updated - - -

When they intertwine you have to teach it, you can't discuss religious art without discussing religion. period.
    Of course not, I didn't say that - I simply pointed out the fact that, my interpertation of Trassk's post, was that he meant that the two subjects are two different subjects, and should be kept that way in terms of a school corriculum. Of course they overlap though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic facial expression she has there, "Sigh, ignore the penis... Please don't do the helicopter again Adam".
    You should see the art of when they are kicked out, the pure shame they feel. Well other than eve she barely tries to cover herself.

Come on Eve, I get it, you hit the gym but damn you putting Adam to shame.
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post

By the way, it's 2015 and some of you still think it's cool to bash religions and claim they're stupid/not real. It's not cool and you look kinda douchey.
    I wonder why moderators just don't outright ban such kind of behavior. It doesn't bother me (and I'm religious), but it could hurt someone else's feelings. It's totally fine if someone does not believe in any kind of god, just don't act like you are superior to those who do. I mean, this is basically an offense - why isn't it bannable?

Let's be sensible and don't promote or bash any of the two positions. Can't we just be a nice bunch of people?
    Fact is a big word, but yes a guy who did a fraction of the stuff that the Bible claims that ol' Jeebus did, did most likely exist. He wasn't a white man though, and his name was not Jesus Christ either. And of course, we should treat each other nice, that goes without saying - BUT(!) if you are indeed religious, beleiving in omnipotent beings, a little mockery or debate really shouldn't be able to hurt your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

You should see the art of when they are kicked out, the pure shame they feel. Well other than eve she barely tries to cover herself.

Come on Eve, I get it, you hit the gym but damn you putting Adam to shame.
    I guess she pumped iron to deal with how frustating Adam was - him and his teenee weenee constantly poking her in the ear - I'm pretty sure that gets old fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess she pumped iron to deal with how frustating Adam was - him and his teenee weenee constantly poking her in the ear - I'm pretty sure that gets old fast.
    I know right?! She don't work out that hard to shop in the 6" or less line.

Seems your art class is heterowashing. The reason ole' Mikey liked to design the way he did was because he was hot for the male bod and muscles were his thing.

http://www.uis.edu/lgbtqa/michelangelo/
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fact is a big word, but yes a guy who did a fraction of the stuff that the Bible claims that ol' Jeebus did, did most likely exist. He wasn't a white man though, and his name was not Jesus Christ either.
    Of course, I didn't claim that! What I wanted to say is that a man described in Bible and Q'uran as the Jesus Christ definitely existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Lol what an ignorant. He did existed, however, not in the way bible portrays.
    I think your find I followed up with just that.

But heres the thing, like many have said on this thread, people, even none religious people here, believed there may have been a jesus, a person who people wrote made up stories about being the son of god and all that. But there is no proof of there being such a man, except for the bible itself, which has no grounding in reality of real history.

Even the stories of the pharaohs of egypt has the facts of these people as they lived, and doesn't create abstracted tellings of history based on myths around these pharaohs, they were people, and had a history, we know about this because of records, but we have no real history of the person called jesus except for a silly book of myth.

When someone is able to make accountable records of the person this jesus was meant to be, and what he did to form christianity around him, then I could call that history, and something that should be taught in a history class.
    But if they did that, and history classes made clear statements about jesus the son of god just being a man who formed a cult around him, it would insult the values of every christian, and it would be pulled from the teachings. So really, if its not prepared to talk about history, and replace it with myth, don't teach it at all, at least in a class about history.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2015-02-12 at 12:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course, I didn't claim that! What I wanted to say is that a man described in Bible and Q'uran as the Jesus Christ definitely existed.
    Oh I see - right you are then, though chances are, that the Biblical Jesus is most likely an amalgamation of various prophets and cult leaders living in that area in that period.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Seems your art class is heterowashing. The reason ole' Mikey liked to design the way he did was because he was hot for the male bod and muscles were his thing.

http://www.uis.edu/lgbtqa/michelangelo/
    No one said he was straight, just that others were like that too at the time. Also male nudes weren't uncommon, just female ones. The only socially acceptable way you could have a female nude at the time was if she was portrayed as a Venus figure. I don't doubt some of them were homosexual but again this is crossing forum rules. The muscles however had a lot of other factors, that you can see in other female art at the time.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2015-02-12 at 12:43 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think your find I followed up with just that.

But heres the thing, like many have said on this thread, people, even none religious people here, believed there may have been a jesus, a person who people wrote made up stories about being the son of god and all that. But there is no proof of there being such a man, except for the bible itself, which has no grounding in reality of real history.

Even the stories of the pharaohs of egypt has the facts of these people as they lived, and doesn't create abstracted tellings of history based on myths around these pharaohs, they were people, and had a history, we know about this because of records, but we have no real history of the person called jesus except for a silly book of myth.

When someone is able to make accountable records of the person this jesus was meant to be, and what he did to form christianity around him, then I could call that history, and something that should be taught in a history class.
    In regards to history, whether or not Jesus existed, isn't overly important. What *is* important is, that people who thought/believed that he existed, and died for their sins and all that, went out to spread his word and thus shaped the history of the world immensely. So, whether or not he existed, he still changed the world, and that makes it history alone - the Crusades, the papal history, Columbus, Martin Luther, Galileo etc,- plenty of Christians and Christian events throughout history, and all because of Jesus, real or not.

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    He did exist.
    Because another man (that doesn't know either) told you so.

Also Jesus was an actual person.
    There is no proof of this. You will not find this touted anywhere except in religious mythology. In fact, you will find proof of just the opposite.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...character.html
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to history, whether or not Jesus existed, isn't overly important. What *is* important is, that people who thought/believed that he existed, and died for their sins and all that, went out to spread his word and thus shaped the history of the world immensely. So, whether or not he existed, he still changed the world, and that makes it history alone - the Crusades, the papal history, Columbus, Martin Luther, Galileo etc,- plenty of Christians and Christian events throughout history, and all because of Jesus, real or not.
    I'll give it that, yeah, casting aside any myth based story the basis of history does come from a long line of people following the myths and what they do because of that. And i'm all for learning about that.
    After all the greek and roman empires were built around peoples belief in the ancient greek gods, and the roman replacements of those gods, as shown in the architecture. Thats what I want to know about, the people that made these monuments, in history thats where I want to learn it.

In some situations, it's just impossible. For example, most of the European countries have their history completely intertwined with Christianity, even to the point when the entire country has a saint patron. Even if the actual country is secular, its history is permanently connected to religion and you cannot just ignore that, because it's a huge part of the culture.
    I'm sure a lot of people named jesus existed. On the point of bashing religons and thinking it's cool - I totally agree with you, it is wrong to do so. It is akin to making fun of a mentally retarded person for being mentally retarded. Not their fault - they are doing the best they can with what they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of his paintings have ripped men, because he wasn't used to painting and the women are pretty much just men with breast because they didn't have female nude models.

NSFW http://www.michelangelo-gallery.org/...6)-1509-10.jpg NSFW

Case and point that is Eve.
    Aye I know, I studied Michelangelo for one years.
    I wasn't just getting the sins/gains part.