Deleted

Dps comparison help.

So i am currently raiding in a semi casual guild on silvermoon. But we are having a few issues with dps, especially our mages. The problem is that we have people that are doing 5 k more than them, even though the gear is not that different. We tried talking with the mages, but they just claim its cause of a gear differential, and that frost is just worse.

I have done some research and looked at rankings and simulationcraft, but i just can't seem to find some stats that confirms that they are right. Could anybody help me out?

Thank you in advance

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't play Frost for start? Second you should compare in warcraftlogs to other mages on same ilevel range and ask your raider to find the differences .

Not easy to help when we got no logs to look at :P
    But generaly frost is the worst mage spec atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Deleted
    I can't post links, i pmed you klokie, if you could post them for me : /

- - - Updated - - -

I am not even allowed to pm...

Just put the string or use spaces inside the link.

All I can tell you for sure is that "semi casual" and "looking at logs and improving" normally don't go hand in hand.

They are already making excuses (spec / gear). My advice would be to look at what you want from raiding and decide if that guild offers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    Not easy to help when we got no logs to look at :P
    But generaly frost is the worst mage spec atm.
    Then start logging and compare.. I don't know how you want us to help you if you can't provide us raid logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasser1995 View Post
    So i am currently raiding in a semi casual guild on silvermoon. But we are having a few issues with dps, especially our mages. The problem is that we have people that are doing 5 k more than them, even though the gear is not that different. We tried talking with the mages, but they just claim its cause of a gear differential, and that frost is just worse.

I have done some research and looked at rankings and simulationcraft, but i just can't seem to find some stats that confirms that they are right. Could anybody help me out?

Thank you in advance
    Certainly what others have said about logs.

To add, Mages aren't parsing like their sims would seem to indicate so that needs to be taken into consideration, but that being said, they are also not hurting and should be competitive with your raid. Frost is also competitive, though one gets more mileage out of gear/itemization and BRF boss mechanics playing the other two specs without a doubt. In fact if arguing a gear differential (if it is what I think it is) fire and arcane suffer far more from lower ilvl than frost. The solutions to their problems seems to present in their excuses, if Frost is worse, change specs, if it isnt worse, than they shouldn't be suffering so much from lower ilvl.

Log it up and lets see what we find!