Having trouble switching to Arms from Fury. Help appreciated.

At the start of the expac I switched to a warr for the first time. I went fury cause it seemed fun, rode out the Glad Stance storm figuring it wouldn't last long and just never got a good 2h to try arms out so it was never an issue.

Finally a week or three ago I got the sword off heroic koragh and said 'aight time to learn arms'.

I've been practicing it on easier fights and in heroic 5 mans while going back to SMF for fights that I need to be confident in my dps for cause I just can't seem to really get the hang of it.

Logs in comments below -
    Last edited by Verlorenn; 2015-02-12 at 05:21 PM.

just break the link somehow like this
    http://ww w.mmo-champion.com/threads/1712916-Having-trouble-switching-to-Arms-from-Fury-Help-appreciated
    I put a space between the second and third w in www. so the forum won't think its a link but we can easily make it work as a link again by just copy/pasting it into the address bar and removing said space

You can post the link as text with spaces and we can fill in the gaps, It's because you just joined.

Even better than logs can sometimes be video streams. I have also been in a similar situation as you where I played Gladiator for pretty much all of Highmaul and then picked up an Arms spec and then dropped my Glad spec for Fury. I've had some success as Arms and seem to be very competitive at times but I'm inconsistent and notice with the logs I'm behind where I like to be (which is to say 95%+ percentile consistently) and so I started to stream my playing and then used it so I could watch back and see what I'm doing in the heat of the moment.

To help my own playing it's probably actually better for me than logs, I'm noticing a lot of "in the moment" mistakes or moments where I say "damn I lost dps there" just by watching the video playback. By all means tho Logs are very helpful, but even if you keep them private you should stream yourself just so you can watch back and try to see where you went wrong and improve.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Log of Normal Gruul on Tuesday - ww w.askmrrobot .com/wow/combatlog/45dbbbb9-841b-44b8-9183-4f813a316567/report/1#v=0,d=0

I did OK, but think I should definitely be higher. As a comparison I was pulling 30K as SMF later that night on HGruul.

Log of Normal Hans and Franz - ww w.askmrrobot .com/wow/combatlog/45dbbbb9-841b-44b8-9183-4f813a316567/report/9#v=0,d=0

I think I did a little better here, but obviously have room for improvement.

Armory link - us.battle .net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Verloren/simple

Note: I got the heroic weap off Gruul at the end of the night so it didn't contribute to the difference in my dps. My gear for arms is pretty much the same just with the 2h from heroic koragh.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm sure others can help you with that but I find AMR logs very difficult/slow/annoying to try to read. Is there any chance you could upload it to Warcraft logs? AMR is so flashy with big pictures and nice colours but it makes it a chore to look through. Perhaps there are others who are good with it though and can help you, most people tend to use Warcraft Logs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm sure others can help you with that but I find AMR logs very difficult/slow/annoying to try to read. Is there any chance you could upload it to Warcraft logs? AMR is so flashy with big pictures and nice colours but it makes it a chore to look through. Perhaps there are others who are good with it though and can help you, most people tend to use Warcraft Logs.
    Unfortunately the person who does WoL was late on Tuesday and so we don't have them up for that day. The AMR logs I linked should lead to the data, not the infographic. If you click on my dps you can see the breakdown of abilities I used.

Pop cds for execute, win meters. thats how you play arms. execute cleave off adds when possible

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I know our site flows a bit differently than traditional combat logs, but the data is still there So I know it might take couple of minutes to learn how to read it. Here's a short video I put together to highlight the different ways to get cool data on our logs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ8zR62Ktoc

One of the big things a lot of people miss are the graphs. Click the green circular graph button, on the left just above the tables, and you'll get there. Here's an example graph for Verlorenn. Execute is selected on the left (showing as vertical lines on the graph). And I selected a few buffs at the bottom. You all are the warrior experts (not me), so I leave this graph in your hands. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...s=209,ga=35.51
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion