Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    It will be voted out of rotation after the first month.
    I expect to see it get more play during primetime "raiding time". I think the key factor will be how they handle the Leaderboards - there's a metric shitton of guild egos that need to be fed

Especially if they do something like a Guild Hall Reward Track.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-02-19 at 04:01 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooden Potatoes did a great explanation of the Stronghold mechanics here:

Valar morghulis

If you mean that he said the exact same thing we already knew from the blogpost but over some footage, then he did a cracking job but it's the same explanation.

I'm not particularly excited anymore after hearing all these details. I'm hoping they're fixing the background issues I've talked about before but it doesn't seem to be the case which means that the new game mode has no foundation to stand on.

Then there are issues with the new game mode of its self.
    One map simply is too little.
    Part of normal rotation "which seems pretty fair", this is beyond stupid since a "stealth thief" is useless as said by WP, so if you make a build for SH and get C, you're screwed (since respecing isn't all that user friendly)
    "best voting system" ye sure, you team up with a couple of friends to play SH, first there's the chance it's not in the rotation and then there's a chance that people don't vote for it and on top of that there's the chance that it doesn't get picked.
    10min games (same length as now) is simply too short. The reason this is too short is because that means you have to make the npcs close to "useless". GvG lasted for 20min and was far more dynamic.
    There's no buying system in hots and that's a MOBA like any other.
    Looks to have many vertical areas which will be annoying as heck to deal with AGAIN.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Most of the impressions from their preview event include Stronghold game play...

and it's pretty much a MOBA.

If I wanted a MOBA, I'd go play a MOBA. They're free and offer more dedicated support from the development team.

Why the fuck did ANet think they could get a PVP audience for charging 50 bucks for something that everyone else is offering for free? Oh, and then telling those people the mode will be on the backburner of development time?

It's just really dumb. These sort of things frustrate me because they inform me that there's nobody involved up there in Washington who is able to make smart determinations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Most of the impressions from their preview event include Stronghold game play...

and it's pretty much a MOBA.

If I wanted a MOBA, I'd go play a MOBA. They're free and offer more dedicated support from the development team.

Why the fuck did ANet think they could get a PVP audience for charging 50 bucks for something that everyone else is offering for free? Oh, and then telling those people the mode will be on the backburner of development time?

It's just really dumb. These sort of things frustrate me because they inform me that there's nobody involved up there in Washington who is able to make smart determinations.
    Will the xpac be 50bucks? That's quite heavy.
    Also putting in same rotation as other maps is not good, people are sick and tired of the old maps :P at least I were in the past
    It also offers a new competitive game style since they are going MOBA, which deserves a ladder of it's own tbh
    I will follow this, but Im a bit sceptical

It's either speculated or confirmed (I believe confirmed, but I cba to find any source) that Stronghold will be separate from the expansion; that is, it'll be released with the xpac, but not require the xpac to play, meaning that there's no charge for pvpers to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    MattVisual has a good vid on support roles in Stronghold.

Valar morghulis