What do I do wrong tanking Gruul?

We killed Gruul HC tonight and we logged it this time with extended combatlog so we got ranked on warcraftlogs. I am in the 69th percentile in terms of tank survivabilty in my ilvl bracket and I wonder what I am doing wrong or what I could do different to improve my survivability rating.

We used a 2/2 strategy for the tank to soak the slices and I solo soaked my slices while the other tank (a druid) shared his slices with the other raid members (just one big camp). I always soaked the first slice with external CD+RT and the second one always with glyphed AMS+RT. Other than that the damage I recieved felt pretty ok and I only got low once ore twice from his overwhelming blow when I fucked up my runes.

Can someone please look over the log and tell me how I can improve? Thanks in advance

link: on warcraftlog: /reports/YM9TyRWaxQFjbAV7/#fight=22&type=summary (I am not allowed to post links)

Those tank survivability ranks are pointless because if you do shit like solo soak slices(no clue why you would need to) makes you look worse. Those ranks once again are pointless. If you aren't dying and healer mana isn't an issue throughout the fight you are doing fine. Then just focus on doing more dps. Tanks should max their dps as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Those tank survivability ranks are pointless because if you do shit like solo soak slices(no clue why you would need to)
    So healers can complain about doing half the fight AFK, of course!
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Those tank survivability ranks are pointless because if you do shit like solo soak slices(no clue why you would need to) makes you look worse. Those ranks once again are pointless.
    Is that so? I thought when you take a lot of damage that you mitigate by internal and external CDs that your KRSI gets higher, so solo soaking slices would made me rank higher. That's why I was surprised that I performed so mediocre in my ilvl bracket.

If you aren't dying and healer mana isn't an issue throughout the fight you are doing fine. Then just focus on doing more dps. Tanks should max their dps as well.
    I agree, making life easier for the healers is ofc my main focus, just thought the survivability index would be an appropriate metric to measure my performance.

I mean I don't really know his formula to a T, but its pointless in almost everyway from what i've seen.

Deleted
    any meters where you can pad the numbers such as you're trying to do by solo soaking, are quite useless... your performance is fine and thats not really what you're asking, you're wondering what more you can do to pad the numbers even more.

So as to what you really are asking.

I suppose you could 3 tank it, and you'll only take slices whenever you can solo soak it np, that way you keep your hps required super low, and any dmg you take will be highly migrated.

A guild member of mine told me that warcraft logs tank rankings is a work in progress. So ignore it honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?