Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Who's arguing that?
    Racist? Undoubtedly
    Fair in light of how they were treated in this country? Absolutely
    So you admit it's both undoubtedly racist & absolutely fair. This is why SJW's are becoming stigmatized, they don't even try to hide the fact that they are not actually progressive. Which is fine, better to be upfront.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-02-13 at 02:32 AM.

Loooollllll

troll thread deserves troll response, booo hoooo i subjegated and enslaved people for over 200 years and now my feelins are hurt they get a special holiday waaaah waaahhhh

Nah, but i also feel we should do away with other history months, maybe just have a History month? that focuses on history not the persons skin color.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    And here we go with this shit.
    What is shit about it?
    Racism and education have a negative correlation.

We have a White History Month, it's called every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because our history books and class curriculum already deals with white people's accomplishments while black people only have small sections here and there. The purpose is to acknowledge African-American's achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by President Gerald Ford
    Seize the opportunity to honor the too-often neglected accomplishments of black Americans in every area of endeavor throughout our history.”
    Black Lives Matter

Deleted
    If it were established, I doubt very much it would be considered a racist move. That nevertheless is not the main issue with it, for, if you pay attention to what the months dedicated to other groups are about, you will, hopefully, be made aware of why there is not one for white people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Because our history books and class curriculum already deals with white people's accomplishments while black people only have small sections here and there. The purpose is to acknowledge African-American's achievements.
    What did black people accomplish? Iam just curious.

I mean given the history part its mostly about not being opressed?
    Contemporary achievements of black people month would be so much better.

we don't need a month, we have school curriculums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    No not really if you have no native american month.

Just being the largest minority doesnt make your suffering more severe.
    Because natives aren't treated correctly has no bearing on treating the black population correctly. We treat one group shitty so we have to treat them all the same manner?
    I couldn't give a shit less if they did away with BHM, as it's divisive (as demonstrated here tonight).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Nah, but i also feel we should do away with other history months, maybe just have a History month? that focuses on history not the persons skin color.

I'm honestly a little ambivalent on the subject. I mean, rationally, it [i]is[i/] racist and does differentiate black people from other, well...people. on the other hand though, black people have had one hell of a time in America. Outside of the obvious atrocities of slavery, they have had to live in a system that railroads the average person to failure except for a lucky few that get out.

I'm not saying that they deserve a holiday because history shafted (heh, shaft 8n a black thread) them but I think that black history month can serve as a first rung of getting young black kids out of a shit type institution. They get to see that a lot of black people have done amazing things and you can too if you keep your head up and look to the future.

So black history month is literally racist, but can actually serve to end racism. It's less necessary now than it was 40 years ago, but I still think that it serves a net good even today.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted
    Just having the biggest lobby doesnt marginalize you more its quite the opposite.

Deleted
    What did black people accomplish? Iam just curious.

I mean given the history part its mostly about not being opressed?
    Contemporary achievements of black people month would be so much better.
    It is, in addition to giving heed to accomplishments, about honouring and reminisce the legacies of certain individuals and movements. Concerning your question, I find it odd that you cannot think of anything. Truly odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    So you admit it's both undoubtedly racist & absolutely fair.
    Yes, and you can launch your SJW horseshit up your ass.
    The month was named as such after a time of huge upheaval in this country.
    Again, it's racist, but was necessary in order to celebrate the accomplishments of blacks in history after the country had largely ignored them since it's inception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Concerning your question, I find it odd that you cannot think of anything. Truly odd.
    I mean historical?

We managed to get treated as human beings is not the accomplishment you should advertise with.
    Thats just self loathing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Again, it's racist, but was necessary in order to celebrate the accomplishments of blacks in history after the country had largely ignored them since it's inception.
    How bout that. There seems to be 'good' racism.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    There is no black history month, its hate white people month, where we reflect on all of the bad things white people did.
    the entire thing should be banned from being celebrated.
    Yes, that'll show them you're not racist!

Deleted
    I mean historical?

We managed to get treated as human beings is not the accomplishment you should advertise with.
    Thats just self loathing.
    What, to you, is historical? A plethora of accomplishments are listed here: [https://theburgnews.com/home-front/p...can-americans]

Sorry but, what about black history month is racist? It doesn't promote one race's superiority nor does it chastise anyone based on race alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    How bout that. There seems to be 'good' racism.
    The world's been racist for so long and we're trying to quit. Black history month is like a racism nicorette patch. Sure, it's got that horrible racism we got addicted to over the course of 4,000 years, but we're trying to ween ourselves off of the stuff. Maybe in another 200 years we won't even need the patches anymore.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.