Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Look at these cute dresses!

Frustrated by the lack of diversity in girls' clothing options, D.C.-area moms Rebecca Melsky and Eva St. Clair have taken matters into their own hands. The duo launched Princess Awesome, a clothing line for girls that strays away from traditionally "girly" prints.

In just three days, Princess Awesome became the highest-funded children's clothing project on Kickstarter, almost doubling its $35,000 goal by Tuesday morning.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6654034.html
    http://www.princess-awesome.com/

Have to admit, I'm usually not too impressed with these continuous efforts to rebel against gender norms. That said, these dresses are actually pretty darn cute.

I loved the everloving shit out of Thomas the Tank Engine, so I probably would have tried to wear that train dress every day if no one stopped me.

Aww, those are cute. Would buy all. I liked everything I saw.

I'm not really sure why this is newsworthy. "There's a problem so a business is made to correct the problem" is as much a natural thing as bamboos raising lion cubs when they're born. Don't really need a thread every time a business is formed.

"Moms Launch Stereotype-Bashing Clothing Line That Challenges What It Means To Be 'Girly'
    Still looks girly to me.

Deleted
    Why are they special?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Why are they special?
    Because they're made at the perfect time to get tons of free advertising from medias looking for this kind of things.
    Oh, hi.

The fuck? I don't think I'd want to dress a child in any of those, regardless of gender. I mean, a random train track across the whole front of it? That looks terrible. Besides, I don't think trains or pictures of traffic are part of any type of gender norms in this day and age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god Thomas the train and that other plane guy creeped me out as a kid.

Deleted
    I think they should put He Man on it to fight gender norms.

Argueably that would be only half as cute but 100% more badass.

It's still a dress, if she wanted to make a statement she could have dressed her daughter in boys' clothes. The dresses are very cute, however

Can't wait to see the frilly pink shirts and trousers with unicorns and princesses on them for the boys!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    "Moms Launch Stereotype-Bashing Clothing Line That Challenges What It Means To Be 'Girly'
    Still looks girly to me.
    But they have trains and helicopters on them.

THAT'S MEN'S BUSINESS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is the internet, why aren't those dresses being worn by cats?

Frustrated by the lack of diversity in girls' clothing options
    Ummm, girls clothes really can't get much more diverse. There is literally everything out there.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2015-02-13 at 03:19 AM.

Deleted
    Male ghetto in the most back corners of clothing shops is a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find these pictures really sexist, why are there no boys wearing these dresses ?

/sarcasmincaseyoudidntgetit
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Pedo alert!
    LMAO, totally. Has the anime avatar and the whole low key bait tactic thing going on. Rogues can just see things in game that others can't. Now where is my Warning Sign toy in my inventory so I can put it out front in Durotar.

I dunno, they look pretty girly to me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    This is the internet, why aren't those dresses being worn by cats?

They're fine, but still 'girly'. By western definition a dress is 'girly' so you're not breaking any stereotypes there really. sure the prints are more 'gender neutral' or whatever, but who cares. It's been shown that dressing your kid in whatever isn't going to push them one way or another so I guess I don't understand all of this gender neutral stuff. If your child grows up and finds they're gay/straight/bi/trans it has nothing to do with the clothes they wore, the toys they played with, or the color of the paint you used in their room. That's been scientifically proven over and over...

Okay rant over. If I had a daughter I'd buy the cloud one for her cause it's cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    J.J. the Jet Plane?
    Yep, I'm guessing you enjoyed it?