Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Decision: Should I level with Double XP?

Level 55 de-valued with that stupid 12 times XP last year.

I always lost interest to level when you can "buy a level 90" or $10 for "3 times xp potion".

You kinda answered your own question there. If it annoys you - don't.

I fully intend to use it for alts since you don't hit 60 from Rishi and Yavin 4 alone (even if you're subscribed, let alone if not), I'd rather not grind on them too.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-02-13 at 05:45 AM.

Yeah I'm not sure why you're even asking. If it bothers you don't do it.

Personally, I don't see how you can really devalue being max level. Most MMOs have moved away from "the journey"(leveling) and mostly focus their game play around the end game. If you've seen the planet story the only new part is the class story. Double xp lets you skip more of the repetitive boring parts and focus more on the interesting parts. 12x xp legacy unlock would be the single greatest thing to happen to SWTOR... short of more class stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    12x xp legacy unlock would be the single greatest thing to happen to SWTOR... short of more class stories.
    Wait is that a possibility? WHERE DO WE SIGN!!

I went from 55 to 60 without the double XP weekend, but I had in my bags a 3-hour XP booster consumable. After that wore off and I finished leveling - doing every mission, plus no group content at all - I got to 60 while finishing up the first day's dailies on Yavin, right before the end of the storyline. Seemed to work out reasonably well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Wait is that a possibility? WHERE DO WE SIGN!!
    It was a possibility and lasted about a month and a half (estimate). 12X expereince and you could do the class stories only. None of the side stuff needed to be done unless you just liked doing one or all.

It's only down side was you out-leveled your gear really fast. I found myself taking the gear from quests vs the comms but overall it was nice to just see the class stories.

BW has said they want to bring it back and put in in game somehow. It could be under legacy stuff, they even mentioned tying it into the class buffs (4 class buffs so each one getting 3% bonus to experience.) If upside would be be if you didn't want the exp bonus (like the OP) you can cancel the buff but the downside is you also lose the class buff.

I hope they add it back in at some point. It was a fun perk.

I have no interest in leveling other classes because of all the side missions I have to do and leveling can get quite boring after doing it a few times. If they added the 12x xp bonus to legacy I'd love it and have one of every class to use at end game in my guild... I'm sure guilds would really enjoy it too considering people could level tanks and healers really quick if they needed them.

I leveled a bunch of alts during the 12x, it wasn't so much avoiding the side quests as it is that certain planets just irritate me to no end.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Level 55 de-valued with that stupid 12 times XP last year.

I always lost interest to level when you can "buy a level 90" or $10 for "3 times xp potion".

There was no value to lvl 55?

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    There was no value to lvl 55?
    There are few modern MMO's where max level holds much value at all. It's pretty easy to hit level cap in almost any game, and with a complete lack of penalties at cap (no way to de-level) there's no risk while you're there.

I don't know why anyone would place much value at hitting max level in most modern MMO's, that's more of a stepping stone than any kind of "end" goal.

Deleted
    with having 8 level 60s and a 55, and a few mid 30's ive just gone back and rolled a sith sorcerer. Level 15 now and im enjoying it Kinda gutted i didnt go with the double weekend though

To each their own, but my favorite aspects of SWTOR are the class stories and group PvE. The former is tied to the leveling process. Since nobody queues for lowbie FPs, the vast majority of the latter occurs at endgame.

I'd dance for joy if some optional form of 12x XP made a permanent return (for all account types, even if it was 12/8/4x for subs/pref/f2p).
    Last edited by jkutswings; 2015-02-24 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkutswings View Post
    SNIP...

I'd dance for joy if some optional form of 12x XP made a permanent return (for all account types, even if it was 12/8/4x for subs/pref/f2p).
    I hope it does return but I think it needs to be a subscriber perk only. Thats not a perk you give to gamers who are paying nothing.

While there are plenty of non-subs that do spend nothing, there are also players who purchase expansions and cartel coins - sometimes in amounts exceeding the cost of a sub - but do not subscribe.

Not doing it for f2p I can understand, but a pro-rated amount for preferred doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I hope it does return but I think it needs to be a subscriber perk only. Thats not a perk you give to gamers who are paying nothing.
    It would be counter-intuitive to the purpose of a F2P model, IMO. Letting the F2P masses level through the free content faster so they leave faster? Seems like there's less incentive to stick around and spend money...unless the increased xp was a Cartel Market item.

I hope it's a legacy perk though as making it possible for people who have never leveled before seems kinda dumb.

Straight-up CM would generate the most revenue, but as you said, would also trade a short-term gain for a long-term loss. I'd also prefer the legacy perk route, but I could see a combo deal, where it's a CM purchase that anybody can buy, but you need a certain legacy level to use it.

We'll see if/when they get around to it, but finding a good implementation of both this and the 3.2 costume designer would (IMO) be a great way to salvage a rocky start to SoR.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It would be counter-intuitive to the purpose of a F2P model, IMO. Letting the F2P masses level through the free content faster so they leave faster? Seems like there's less incentive to stick around and spend money...unless the increased xp was a Cartel Market item.
    Which is kinda why I think subscriber only. You don't want preferred or F2P to get through content faster and subscribers are a bit more committed to playing so them getting it as a perk for subbing just makes sense to me. You could add it to the cartel market but I just don't think it's a perk for F2P or preferred even if you spend coins but I can see EA winning out on that argument if they though more money could be made that way VS an increase in revenue by subs because it was a sub perk.

I hope it's a legacy perk though as making it possible for people who have never leveled before seems kinda dumb.
    Would love to see it tied into legacy especially if they had it in the cartel market as a purchase for anyone but they have done very little with legacy so who knows.

We'll see if/when they get around to it, but finding a good implementation of both this and the 3.2 costume designer would (IMO) be a great way to salvage a rocky start to SoR.
    Agreed.

I have heard this crazy rumor that the costume designer is being created very similar to what GW 2 has. That it's heavily influenced by that. I do not know what that means entirely as I have not played GW2 but I watched a few videos for it when it was released and it looks interesting if that rumor is indeed true.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-02-24 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It was a possibility and lasted about a month and a half (estimate). 12X expereince and you could do the class stories only. None of the side stuff needed to be done unless you just liked doing one or all.

It's only down side was you out-leveled your gear really fast. I found myself taking the gear from quests vs the comms but overall it was nice to just see the class stories.

BW has said they want to bring it back and put in in game somehow. It could be under legacy stuff, they even mentioned tying it into the class buffs (4 class buffs so each one getting 3% bonus to experience.) If upside would be be if you didn't want the exp bonus (like the OP) you can cancel the buff but the downside is you also lose the class buff.

I hope they add it back in at some point. It was a fun perk.
    Yeah I used it for the month is lasted, I was asking if it's possible to unlock on a more permanent basis. Maybe put a lvl 50 legacy/all classes at 50/55 as a requirement? Everyone who got that (like I do) is all leveled out I'd imagine, it'll be nice to boost a new toon fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Yeah I used it for the month is lasted, I was asking if it's possible to unlock on a more permanent basis. Maybe put a lvl 50 legacy/all classes at 50/55 as a requirement? Everyone who got that (like I do) is all leveled out I'd imagine, it'll be nice to boost a new toon fast.
    I think most want it unlocked on a more permanent basis. I also think thats why BW mentioned it being attached to the class buffs. You cannot get the class buffs without leveling 4 different classes to chapter 2. It's a good idea I think having 3% added to each class buff except it does have one drawback. For those that do not want the bonus EXP, they would need to cancel those class buffs and they are really good to have while leveling. That might be a problem for some unless it provided a separate stacking buff that you could cancel separate from class buffs.

12X was very nice. It made leveling those later alts so much more fun.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think most want it unlocked on a more permanent basis. I also think thats why BW mentioned it being attached to the class buffs. You cannot get the class buffs without leveling 4 different classes to chapter 2. It's a good idea I think having 3% added to each class buff except it does have one drawback. For those that do not want the bonus EXP, they would need to cancel those class buffs and they are really good to have while leveling. That might be a problem for some unless it provided a separate stacking buff that you could cancel separate from class buffs.

12X was very nice. It made leveling those later alts so much more fun.
    I want 12x again because I am still missing 1 class, but I would like to level other Classes with their opposite alignment. I.e. Dark Side Agent, Light Side Sith etc.

Also figured if 12x became a perm thing I would also level a few classes as Females, I never play females in Videogames but would like to see how or if it comes across differently in conversations. Plus romances options would bring a different dynamic to some companions, I.E: Female Companions that don't force you to choose a relationship, or seeing how male companions act towards Females chars.