Deleted

[resto] A few questions google could not help me with

Let's jump right into it! ( keep in mind i am fairly new to the raiding aspect of WoW )

1. How does WG target?
    I know it targets your target and people 30 yards around, but sometimes it jumps to people that have 80% health rather then one that has 40% and because of that causing alot of overhealing, how come?

I am fairly certain the people i want to heal is not out of range of my target ( been looking for it even at times where the whole raid is stacked it happens ) which lead me to another part of this question. How do you guys target your heals? and do i just do it wrong or do i need more practise? I tried a few different ways:

(1)Started with standard blizz frames and clique.
    (2)Went to elvui + clique for a while
    (3)Tried nameplates to be able to aim more specificly ( Not a succes )
    (4)Grid2 + aoeheals and clique is my current setup

2. Aoeheals/healbot and other addons alike
    A guildie suggested i used Aoeheals to help my targeting since it gives "suggestions" on who to use wildgrowth on whenever X targets are in range and missing X health, i can defenetly see the good sides, but i feel it might limit my healing since i will dependant on an addon to aim and not my own skills. I tried it out and i agree it helps abit but is it worth it or would it be better to learn to heal without it?

3. Best way to do dmg during low healing
    I have been wondering about this for a little while, i know DoC is just spam wrath then there is nothing to heal but if your specced HotW and go for pure dps and not healing what is the best way to go? moonfire all targets and spam wrath is what i am doing and it does a good amount of dmg but could you get more out of going cat form? And if that is the case is there a rotation/priority to follow? Also then HotW is not up and you just have some downtime

4. How to properly interact with hostile targets ( stuns, offensive dispells, slows and alike )
    I really want to help my team out more with stuns and other things, my problem is though i don't know when to use what and i have tried a few approaches to this aswell.

(1) Focus a target a keep and eye on their castbar
    (2) Used nameplates ( standard, elvui's and tidyplates )

My problem though is that focusing a target works well, for one target and that limits me quite a bit, so i tried nameplates. but they just seem to clunk up my screen and are jumping around everywhere and they in general just annoy me. Do i just have to tough it up with nameplates? or is there a better way to track such things? or can you fix your nameplates in a way so they are more "stable" on the screen? even then people/mobs are moving

Sorry for all my newbie questions i hope i am not bringing old topics up but if i have please link what you find so i can take a look at that. Also english is not my first language so sorry for all typos, i am not used to writing a wall of text like this (:
    Last edited by mmocd329329b36; 2015-02-13 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    1. Wild growth can target any player in range of the target it was cast on and that has not full hp, not necessarily including said target. Afaik.
    Blizz ui, click player, keybind to heal. As oldschool as it gets. (High level CM/RBG, pugging normal raids, fyi)

2. Unless you preplan which groups are clumped at what times and cast on them, i don't think you can realistically check for perfect wg placement in a hectic fight. Maybe that's just me though.
    If you use an addon make sure it's uptodate, to not assume smart healing.

3. Iirc using the cat's energy, then wrath while it refills is best dps. I'd never run into melee range for that though.
    Mf targets that live long enough for the dot to overtake wrath in DPCT, then wrath. Correct.

4. Iirc there's a ui option to change how nameplates overlap. RDruids don't have an interupt, so i use the focus for roots/clone. For stuns i click nameplates or tab if it's 100% sure to target correctly. Rdruid is like one of the last classes that needs fast accurate target switches in pve. Cc the target you are assigned to, vortex/typhoon/fragbelt all the things. No offense, but this question sounds a bit ocd or like you are carrying a group and picking up their slack.
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2015-02-13 at 12:59 PM.

Your question about Wild Growth can be found in Patch notes for 6.0.2

We also took a look at healing spells that were passive or auto-targeted (so-called "smart" heals). We want healers to care about who they're targeting and which heals they're using, so that their decisions matter more. To that end, we're reducing the healing of many passive and auto- targeted heals, and making smart heals a little less smart. Smart heals will now randomly pick any injured target within range instead of always picking the most injured target. Priority will still be given to players over pets, of course.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15682579/#healing

Quote Originally Posted by Hicif View Post
    1. How does WG target?
    6 injured targets within 30y of the targeted player. It is not smart anymore, meaning it picks random injured targets. Blizzard changed smart heals that way a while ago. It is a totally stupid change but apparently that's how they want it.

How do you guys target your heals? and do i just do it wrong or do i need more practise?
    Grid plus mouseover macros. Every healing spell has a mouseover macro and I just hover over the Grid frames. Grid is of course interchangable for any other raid frames addon or even the Blizzard raid frames UI. I prefer Grid, especially for my Druid, since I can display HoTs as corner boxes and have the corner box change colors when the HoT has less than X seconds remaining. Meaning I can judge my raid HoT coverage at a single glance without being distracted by messy and completely unnecessary timers that other addons clutter the raid frames with.
    Boxes that change color based on duration are neat, efficient, not distracting and easy to recognize.
    Mouseover macros are basically mandatory (that or a click addon). Selecting by clicking and then casting is just a giant waste of time.

2. Aoeheals/healbot and other addons alike
    Pretty much useless. It's a cool gimmick but in the end you know who you want to target anyway. All melee are pretty much always within 30y of each other and your raid awareness tells you which ranged to target. I see a small benefit on spread fights where ranged are running around a lot but then again there will be plenty of targets within 30y of any ranged still.
    Such AoE heal addons provide more clutter to the raid frames, more distracting flashy lights that basically don't do anything useful. Distracting flashy lights make healing harder, not easier. I like to have a neat and efficient Grid setup, I think an AoE healing addon would do more harm (by distracting me from more important things) than good.

3. Best way to do dmg during low healing
    Cat often is bad idea since many fights have mechanics for which you don't want to have a healer standing in melee. I have never really tried to dps as healer in cat form but the damage should be abysmal since you have basically no AP.
    Moonfire and Wrath should be the way to go, although I have not done any testing.
    But that is largely irrelevant: If you know the fight has downtime you should pick DoC and spam Wrath with it. If the fight has no downtime then there is no need to worry about a dps rotation.

4. How to properly interact with hostile targets ( stuns, offensive dispells, slows and alike )
    We don't have great stuns or interrupts. Melee should handle those. Typhoon can be useful on add management occasionally.
    You should focus on using "our" support abilities to maximum effect instead: Glyph the battle rez and/or glyph the roar so that you can help out your team with a nice speed boost and full HP battle rezzed members. Those are really unique ways of helping out.
    As for dispels: DBM will usually tell you when to dispel stuff on a boss. There isn't really a need to track it in the UI, if it's an issue in the fight you know about it anyway and can just watch out for the DBM message.
    Dispels on your team can easily be handled by the raid frames. I have a corner box in Grid that tells me when a raid member has a dispellable buff. It's as easy as that

Deleted
    Wow tyvm helped a ton and was very specific

think i am gonna remove grid aoe heals then because that was exactly what my thoughts on it was aswell, i just need to poke my raidleader abit to fix groups properly then ^^

Think i know what i need to now the rest is up to practise and getting used to healing
    Last edited by mmocd329329b36; 2015-02-13 at 02:05 PM.

1.) Wild Growth targets people 30 yards near the person you targetting. This can sometimes include the person you targetted. It can also sometimes not include the person you targetted. The smart healing component is that it will heal anyone randomly that isn't 100%. This could heal someone at 25% hp. It could also heal someone at 99% hp. Random is random.

2.) I'd work on showing names of people in your frames. You won't have to look at an aoe tracker if you know where people are. I'd also turn on friendly nameplates so you can see exactly where someone is standing in the room when you're healing them.

3.) Optimal damage rotation is a priority: 1.) Moonfire if dot is going to be more than a single wrath cast 2.) wrath. Sometimes, you can squeeze in burst by doing shreds+ferocious bite. However, wrath and moonfire is does more damage over time because of energy regen. Under heroism, cat dps can beat out traditional wrath spam, but it's really close and if your globals are being spent getting back into cat form (like you interrupt your dps to heal and go back to cat), wrath spam edges out. On the pull, using an int pot is advised (with or without heart of the wild) because of the globals spent getting out of cat form. If you want to do optimal dps during a heroism on the pull fight, you will technically do more as cat+agi pot+heart of the wild. It's so close to call that most of us do int pot in case we need to break the dps rotation to do a heal.

Also, this cat dps number will change depending on the target's armor, so consider that if you want to try to do cat dps on a pull.

4.) Doing cc or utility is a per fight thing. I usually use Ursol's Vortext on adds fights to keep them clumped, but it's usually used if they haven't been picked up yet. Mighty Bash is good because it adds survivability, but you're compromising your position and most raid bosses are stun immune. I haven't encountered a fight yet where typhoon is really good. You should be trying to use Soothe anywhere that you can because 99% of the time you're dispelling something that will reduce healing needed.