Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet vs Iron maidens

There are two demonology warlocks in our raid team (including myself) with same problem:

Last phase of Iron Maidens when Admiral starts placing turrets down, our pets start dying from the blast, almost instantly. The most intense part of the encounter, and we have to place pets on passive (sending them on one of the bosses instead on turret doesn't work either).

I tried managing pet, but it is impossible to walk pet around blasts and maintain dps at the same time.

Does anyone have any solution?

it is happening to me too. i don't remember it happening last week so i'm wondering if something was hotfixed or perhaps it just wasn't an issue. had some pet deaths on p1 blast furnace as well tonight which is also a new problem. it's not soul link because it was happening to me and our other warlock who are running SL and demonic pact respectively.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember having this issue last week, but this week my pet kept dieing. Had to resummon it 3 times before my brain realized why it was dieing. I guess the fire hit is not reduced and neither is the dot that is applied. We one shot it, so didn't get to try different things (like keep it on boss 24/7).

Same thing here--I don't remember it from last week, but I only did normal Maidens last week. This week on heroic myself, the other 2 locks and our 2 hunters all had the same issue. Tried managing pet differently on a couple attempts but still kept dying.

There's a couple threads on official US forums where blizz might actually see it. I've posted in both of the ones I've seen. It's late and my Google-fu is weak or I'd link them here.

15+ Year Old Account
    might be off-topic, but as unholy DK i also got it, so id like an solution too
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    TFW "no really, Blizz doesn't make encounters that are shitty for pets and guardians anymore!"

Deleted
    sounds like they messed up the turrets when they did the recent hotfixes to iron maidens, making them functions as single target dmg as opposed to aoe dmg so our pets doesnt benefit from its avoidance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the same yesterday on our HC kill. Like 30 seconds into the last phase my pet died and didn't notice until we had killed the bosses. After checking logs it seems a problem with the avoidance.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    4 kills on my lock. 2 heroic kills with guild running 3 locks no pet deaths. 1 UH dk pet only stopped doing damage when he died so no issue there either. The only damage logs show any of our pets taking is soul link 1 lock is using. its doesnt look like any pets even take damage from the fire balls. What are you guys doing
    Last edited by dawawe; 2015-02-13 at 03:19 PM.

Happened this week to me. Dead pet from turrets.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    4 kills on my lock. 2 heroic kills with guild running 3 locks no pet deaths. 1 UH dk pet only stopped doing damage when he died so no issue there either. The only damage logs show any of our pets taking is soul link 1 lock is using. its doesnt look like any pets even take damage from the fire balls. What are you guys doing
    Happened to me last night, pet would go from 100% to dead in an instant, would resummon it and it would die again. Didn't think too much of the turret damage until the end, if they don't fix it by next week I'm going to make sure my pet is on passive and not chasing after Admiral.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Happened to me last night, pet would go from 100% to dead in an instant, would resummon it and it would die again. Didn't think too much of the turret damage until the end, if they don't fix it by next week I'm going to make sure my pet is on passive and not chasing after Admiral.
    We focus down Marak 1st at the end. And turrets are focused down before my pet even switches. Probably why i dont have this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exciting news I almost got destroyed on our Mythic kill by soul link due to this annoying bug!

I had the same problem last night. Not only would my pet die, but soul link would cause it to almost take me out as well.

Deleted
    Yup, was talking to our guilds hunter about it this reset. Definitely wasn't a thing last reset, but this week pets just get absolutely demolished. Sent a tweet at the warcraft devs, though no idea how much good that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Exciting news I almost got destroyed on our Mythic kill by soul link due to this annoying bug!
    That's hilarious.

Our melee was also getting wrecked being anywhere close to the turrets. I Demonic Leaped past one and died instantly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    We focus down Marak 1st at the end. And turrets are focused down before my pet even switches. Probably why i dont have this issue.
    We focused Marak as well, doesn't change the fact that this is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

TFW you pop a doomguard and he dies instantly from turret fire

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    had some pet deaths on p1 blast furnace as well tonight which is also a new problem.
    That happened to my pet when tanks didn't pick up mobs instantly around the Operator on the right side so pet's cleave dmg aggroed them and he got demolished in 2 hits. I tweeted to Celestalon, commeneted on US forums also with my old account.
    We are killing Marak last, so turrets are up untill the very end of the fight and my pet is just standing there next to me

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Oh good lord.

Thanks for the warning, ugh. We were seeing this on both difficulties this week with both hunter and warlock pets, I'll pass it on to our warlocks so they don't spontaneously murder the shit out of themselves.