Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation I'm looking for a GOOD GAMING MOUSE

Hey everyone!

I was using Razer products since ~2006. My first mice was Razer Krait(it's working to this day and it's awesome, but it's outdated and you can clearly see it's worn out), then I got 2x Death Adder(old and the new one), right now I'm using Razer Ouroboros... and this mouse is a piece of crap(sorry for my language, but there are probably other, much worser words to describe that mouse), it's changing DPI sometimes(itself!), sometimes the cursor is moving faster, sometimes slower. Even though it has "calibration for mats", it's still bad. Not even Razer Synapse 2.0 is helping, it's well-known problem with that mouse(I read about it on some sites), but they're not doing anything with it.

So here is my question:
    Which Gaming Mouse is the best right now?

I'm playing CS:GO(FPS), HoTS(Moba), RTS games, WoW(MMO), so I'd like to have mouse for almost everything, not only for a one type of a game.
    I'm right-handed.
    Let's say that there is not a price range.
    Not wireless(even with an option to play with the wire).

I was thinking about new Death Adder Chroma, or something from Logitech, maybe SteelSeries?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2015-02-13 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    I got tired of Razor products, as everything i had broke or got worn out way too fast, so i swapped to SteelSeries. Im using a Kana atm, which seems impossible to wear out, and was quite cheap aswell. If 5 buttons arent enough they got the Sensei with 7. Can recommend their headsets and keyboards aswell.

Dont have any experience with highend Logitech stuff, but heard both good and bad things from friends.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a DeathAdder and a Blackwidow keyboard. I've had the mouse for 5 months and no problems, and the keyboard for about a month, no problems either so far. This is my first time with Razer products so let's see how long they last. So far I am content with my purchases.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Logitech G700 (or the one that's like the naga if that's your thing).

Razer do nice stuff but their reliability/durability is pretty suspect.

I've had at least 4 mates randomly purchase the mouse and find it amazing without any of us pointing the others to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I'm using a Logitech G502 Proteus Core and love it. Probably the best mouse I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelath View Post
    I'm using a Logitech G502 Proteus Core and love it. Probably the best mouse I've used.
    Heard good things about this mouse, was gunna get one myself, great for the price range... just curious though, how many side buttons does this thing have? Hard to see in pictures

I'd recommend the Newest Naga. Its not been out long enough to see if the Double Clicking issue is truly fixed, but they claim it is.
    There is really no substitute to the 12 buttons on the side either.
    I'm sure there are other mice out there with it, but once you start getting used to using it you realize it is such an incredible performance gain that DPI or whatever else any mouse WITHOUT the buttons offer is irrelevant.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Heard good things about this mouse, was gunna get one myself, great for the price range... just curious though, how many side buttons does this thing have? Hard to see in pictures
    Standard 2 thumb buttons, plus a third "sniper" button in front of the thumb. It also has 2 more buttons next to the left click that act as DPI switchers, but you can program them to whatever you want.

I use the Logitech G600, very similar to the Razer Naga I used to have but it still works after the warranty expired

I am using a Logitech g700s(dont know the difference between 700 and 700s).It has 4 buttons on the side for thumb and also another small 3 on the left side of left click,they act as battery status and DPI switchers but can be programmed to other things.The only problem is mouse eats through batteries too fast but that aint a problem for me.

I very much enjoy my Corsair M95.

It's an MMO styled mouse with a different button configuration then most. I find it more comfortable to use than the grid-style that Logitech and Razor uses. It has a button in the sniper position that you can map to do exactly that if you so choose. Additionally, I find the build quality to be similar to Logitech. It's solid, feels good on the hand, and doesn't feel cheap like Razor products.

I might be biased, as I use Corsair for most of my peripherals and haven't had issue with any of them. I would steer clear of Razor products in general. You get poorer construction at the same price of other manufacturers. With Razor you're paying for the brand, not quality. I haven't had a good experience with any of their products I've tried.

Deleted
    got the old death adder and it has never broke once and still feels great. Don't know if I would change tbh would like to hear what other people here suggest.

Zowie AM
    Logitech G400

G500s. great feel
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

http://steelseries.com/products/mice...ies-sensei-raw
    make sure you get the rubberized, the glossy gets mad dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Using the G502 as well, and to go fully in-depth. The silver bit above the thumb is the only thing that looks like a button but isn't, thats the tripple light DPI indicator. Outside of that as basic knowledge, it has the M4&5 with a kind of "thumb nail" button on the end, two DPI buttons on the edge of the left click (quite awkward to get to, compared to most DPI buttons I've used), it then has the mouse wheel which is 4-directional (and metal too, feels much better than the rubber crap), below that the mechanical switch for the free scroll or traditional clicky wheel (found that amazing for bank alt TSM usage) and then below that again you have another button that i have no idea what it defaulted to, but i can't click things with my finger web, so its been unbound for simplicity, im sure if you use a more claw type grip it would be fine though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelath View Post
    Ding ding ding ding. Right answer is here. If you don't need 5000000 buttons, the Proteus Core is a damn amazing mouse.

Deleted
    After trying/owning a bunch, I settled with a g502 proteus core. Great mouse, check for reviews etc. you'll see what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend checking out the Mionix mice http://mionix.net/mice/, I've got a Naos 5000, and it's by far the nicest mouse I've ever used (I've previously had a G5, a G7, deathadder, naga, and a few others I can't remember). It's a larger sized mouse, and it accommodates most grip styles comfortably. It's a right handed mouse. I've never had any issues with the sensors, and I've never had the DPI change without my choosing it. The software that comes with it lets you customize your DPI profiles (pretty standard), as well as a bunch of customizations regarding to the lights on the mouse, including colour, which lights will be on, and even having the lights pulse, which is all pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer naga because the side buttons which i couldn't live without :S They are flimsy and only last 1-3 years though before some part of it breaks :/