Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Origins of Malu! Early Access release!

Hi there, not sure if everyone have heard of Origins of Malu but it will be a Non target, Sandbox game.

Im personally really hyped about the game and have been following the game for a loong time and now in february we will get into phase 1 and i cant wait!
    they plan to relase the game in pieces until the MMO comes out, basically we will have the mmo systems being patched in and then we test and give feedback on what we like and what we dont like while they finish up the mmo and make it good. That way it will be polished by the time they release the full version of OOM and hopefully the feedback can help shape the game to be another amazing title we will play for years! I personally like this way of development, because i like to help test games and im usually really hyped about these kind of games so being able to play parts of it while it is being finished up is just perfect for me personally.
    If you dont know mutch about the game but like what you read here then check out their site and register on the forums

http://www.originsofmalu.com/

Hope you all have a good weekend and hope to see you in Origins of Malu!
    Last edited by mmoc2198ad4639; 2015-02-13 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly looks kind of interesting. I enjoy those types of games (Asherons call/Galaxies)
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Honestly looks kind of interesting. I enjoy those types of games (Asherons call/Galaxies)
    yah same here, and they really do have a Skillful/FPS based combat system and i love that. btw love both of the two games you listed there im hoping this will be just as good! the devs have said that they want a big open world that we can explore. kinda like Asherons call, because that was one of the first games i found alot of cool places and could run around and explore the world for hours
    Last edited by mmoc2198ad4639; 2015-02-14 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the fat thing at the end of the video? A faceless one?

Deleted
    Its a boss like creature in the BG/world pvp map that will be where we test most of the systems for the MMO.

this is how they plan to work/release thing https://trello.com/b/ndD1aCG6/early-access-roadmap

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks really cheap and uninteresting to be honest. The video which is supposed to promote the game does not make any sense and the content shown is also buggy as hell. What is the appeal exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    This looks really cheap and uninteresting to be honest. The video which is supposed to promote the game does not make any sense and the content shown is also buggy as hell. What is the appeal exactly?

Well its in alpha and its just to show of some things. what makes me hyped about the game is the full product that will be the MMO. might not be for everyone but read up on the site if you want to and maybe then you will see the big picture of the game. personally i like the graphics and the races. sure animations and some things need improvement but thats why its in alpha..

100% unfunded indie, we not received a dime of funding to date.
    Been in development for 5 years (2 engine changes, yuck)
    Though Version 1 is MOBA all systems are MMO systems and we are actively working on MMO right now.
    We are huge fans of AC/AC2/SWG and almost anything that is a sandbox
    Somehow the lack of English is very similar to the OP.

Similar use of English, newly registered member. Looks like a shill thread.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exzear View Post
    Well its in alpha and its just to show of some things. what makes me hyped about the game is the full product that will be the MMO. might not be for everyone but read up on the site if you want to and maybe then you will see the big picture of the game. personally i like the graphics and the races. sure animations and some things need improvement but thats why its in alpha..
    I get that it's in alpha, but why show a game that is no where near complete? Especially since it's supposed to be a MMO-game where it is important for them to be feature complete. How you can become hyped about the "big picture" is a mystery to me as well. You are creating an image of a game that will never turn out to be what you'll imagine it to be because it is still in alpha. It will only lead to disappointment imo. Rather have them show near complete beta footage where the kinks and details have been worked out and largely fine tuning needs to be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Somehow the lack of English is very similar to the OP.
    Well im not from an english speaking country so maybe thats why. The dev that posted that is probably not from an english speaking country either.. But i do know they have american devs on the team and that they focus on the american release first(atm atleast). So no im not part of the dev team if thats what you were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Similar use of English, newly registered member. Looks like a shill thread.
    Well i have an older account but since i use this nick i made a new one now in FEB..

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I get that it's in alpha, but why show a game that is no where near complete? Especially since it's supposed to be a MMO-game where it is important for them to be feature complete. How you can become hyped about the "big picture" is a mystery to me as well. You are creating an image of a game that will never turn out to be what you'll imagine it to be because it is still in alpha. It will only lead to disappointment imo. Rather have them show near complete beta footage where the kinks and details have been worked out and largely fine tuning needs to be done.
    Well some devs these days show their game from the early stages and get feedback right away. i like that approach i follow Star Citizen aswell and they do it the exact same way and like i said i prefer it that way.. Well they have listed things they will be providing so im not creating a fantasy version of OOM in my head. I have read all the info and that type of game is something that i want. will they reach their goal? maybe, maybe not.. but im going to suport them and try to help them as mutch as i can because im personally bored of WoW and that makes me bored of 90% of the mmos before they even release and all we get is themepark mmos with tab target maybe even a dodge if they go the "action combat" way..

I can understand what you mean tho and i agree that trailer dosnt look good :P but like i said i prefer to see the game being built and giving feedback instead of getting the complete game right away and then 70% of the people who bought the game didnt like it and move to a different game.. But thats just me.

Its a boss like creature in the BG/world pvp map that will be where we test most of the systems for the MMO.

this is how they plan to work/release thing https://trello.com/b/ndD1aCG6/early-access-roadmap
    Who are the we?

Not potentially we, the DEV's right ?

Well im not from an english speaking country so maybe thats why. The dev that posted that is probably not from an english speaking country either.. But i do know they have american devs on the team and that they focus on the american release first(atm atleast). So no im not part of the dev team if thats what you were thinking.
    See the above. It doesn't fly for me. It's in my nature to distrust people on the internet and I'm right 99/100

Deleted
    Who are the we?

Not potentially we, the DEV's right ?
    Well belive what you want man, i said WE as in WE the community, and ofc the devs are leading that. Im not a dev tho, lol.

See the above. It doesn't fly for me. It's in my nature to distrust people on the internet and I'm right 99/100
    Gues im that 1 person then.

BTW: you only talked about how bad my english is but what do you think of the game? is it for you?
    Last edited by mmoc2198ad4639; 2015-02-13 at 10:38 PM.

BTW: you only talked about how bad my english is but what do you think of the game? is it for you?
    What game? There's an alpha. 3 character skins, some effects and a blurry world.

Deleted
    What game? There's an alpha. 3 character skins, some effects and a blurry world.
    Not really but okey.

10+ Year Old Account
    might test it out if its open , not gonna pay for early acces to unfinished game tho, thats just plain stupid

This guy is obviously with the company, trying to sell the game. Buying into Early Access has been a terrible idea for a long time now. Don't be a sheep.

EDIT: Also, the video is awful looking. The obnoxious lens flares, the player character moving as if it was made in 1995, the physics of the destroyed rock looking like it comes out of a game from around the same age.. What's cool about this?
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2015-02-13 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    might test it out if its open , not gonna pay for early acces to unfinished game tho, thats just plain stupid
    Yah there have been beta tests but since its going into early access im not 100% sure if there will be another beta event. But i gues there might be some free week or weekend on steam when the MMOs is close to being finished. but we will see, we can always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This guy is obviously with the company, trying to sell the game. Buying into Early Access has been a terrible idea for a long time now. Don't be a sheep.

EDIT: Also, the video is awful looking. The obnoxious lens flares, the player character moving as if it was made in 1995, the physics of the destroyed rock looking like it comes out of a game from around the same age.. What's cool about this?
    Not sure why you think im from the company? just because i have bad english like a dev from the game? not even sure if that quote was from a dev.. im on an MMO forum talking about an upcoming mmo..
    And yeah buying into early access to some games are a bad idea but im willing to risk it with this game because i think it might turn out to be really good. And yah i totally agree with you on the trailer/video, the running animation is kinda strange especially when it changes direction.. it looks kinda weird. and the rocks does not look to good either but its something that they just implemented and ofc the rocks will get scaled down and be worked on. and even if it dosnt im fine with it because graphics isnt everything.. even if it dosnt look good id rather have some destuction going on then running around in a stale world that never changes from play interaction kinda like WoW and alot of other themepark mmos.. but to give you an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trAZl-UKdVI

That does not look that good either with the trees just exploding but it got better... and its an awesome feature in my opinion.

And whats cool about the game will be these features after some work, a none target combat system, open world, partial loot/full loot, player housing thats not an instance or in a pre set enviroment, no classes, there is alot of features of this game that peaks my interest.
    Last edited by mmoc2198ad4639; 2015-02-14 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for a new trials of ascension!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Get ready for a new trials of ascension!
    I really do doubt that.
    Last edited by mmoc2198ad4639; 2015-02-14 at 01:47 AM.