10+ Year Old Account

mind bender on blast furnace

I'm looking at other Spriest logs i noticed a lot using mind bender. Seems really strange considering its a multi dot fight and SOD looks prime. Is mind bender really better right now, at least until we get tier and 6.1 buffs?

Probably to help with burst on elementalists during their vulnerability since killing them is one of the most important parts of that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe, but when its doing <300k it seems pretty meh

Blast Furnace only looks like an AoE fight. It actually has very specific, very focused DPS demands; you really need to kill the right mobs, at the right time, and quickly. Mindbender can help with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Blast Furnace only looks like an AoE fight. It actually has very specific, very focused DPS demands; you really need to kill the right mobs, at the right time, and quickly. Mindbender can help with that.
    I understand the fight. My guild ranked 2 for kill execution Just doesn't seem worth it to me at all, when mind binder is doing <5% of your Primal Elementalist damage. Especially top parsers in top guilds that most likely have no trouble at all killing them. I haven't had a chance to dps and test it myself since my guild is still recruiting a healer, im stuck healing.

It's for the simple fact it's one gcd to do its maximum damage, SoD might proc a lot but Mind Spike has a lower priority than SW:P/DP/MB(for AS) so a lot of damage is lost compared to mind bender, so if you can't use 80% of the SoD procs cause of DP spam you may as well take the free max mind bender damage.

Deleted
    What the above said, due to the insane amount of micromanagement and procs from AS, you won't have time unless you're really on point to maximise SoD. It's better to get reliable damage in on the primals for only 1 GCD. Remember, GCDs used on SoD aren't being used for anything else so it can be considered a loss when running it against MB for nuking down primals.

It might also be worth getting used to using MB anyway considered its getting a 33% buff in 6.1
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-02-14 at 05:10 AM.