Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    DDs are generally easy. Losing a second of DPS because of dodging stuff doesn't make anyone die.

Quote Originally Posted by Saga1234 View Post
    Damn it's a shame that you put all the effort into making that post, but Gruul is heavily dependant on RNG (If you get petrify and that slam you lose a tonne of DPS), and the problem with Max DPS as opposed to 90-95th percentile is that RNG that you get can make the difference between getting 95th and 100th, which is why I feel 90-95 is more normalized not to mention the sample size for the 100th percentile is extremely small. Beastlord is a great fight for it but Gruul can very easily change from a patchwerk fight into a fight with low movement, which changes different classes' DPS drastically.
    The other issue with the max/min dps on a boss right now is the tier. It's useless to do that math for now since having 4p tier give such an edge and depending on which classes has more 2p,4p tier, the numbers can vary a lot too.

All classes are easy to learn. The difference is that learning to not only master the class but do it in a raid environment with lots of movement, coordination, and damage incoming is what makes a player skilled.
    Try CMs as well, it will really make you realize that your class has a lot more abilities than ones that do damage.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I would say feral. im biased tho because i main it but i honestly have only seen 1 other feral who could compete with me on a meter this expansion. obviously that mostly has to do with no raid in there right mind wanting 2 in the same raid lol but with feral once u get past the basics of maintaining debuffs/buffs u start to realize the whole spec is just risk management. sometimes u take a risk on a ferocious bite and it doesn't pay off and u loss uptime on rip. other times u fuck up the rotation completely and it ends up being a dps increase because u got lucky crits/omen procs. its a fickle spec with lots of variance and thats why i find it way funner then anything else ive played. at a 661 ilvl i had one parse on butcher were i did 33k dps which was the top of all time for that ilvl. other times ive done 28k without making a single mistake. also the opener is like 21 steps so its pretty easy to fuck that up and our burst sequence is by far the most important part of the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
    DDs are generally easy. Losing a second of DPS because of dodging stuff doesn't make anyone die.
    I strongly disagree. Pushing for kills without much gear is probably most demanding on the DPS - Yeah, you're not going to wipe straight away if you stop casting for a few seconds, but you make the fight significantly more difficult for everyone else the slower you are - You get over-run for adds which makes it a nightmare for healers to keep up with and tanks to agro, you make the room full of so much chaotic crap because the phase has lasted so long that there's nowhere to even move. Getting in 'the best' DPS on a lot of ranged classes (I personally don't find melee as hard) is very challenging, especially on high movement fights and with lots of targets.

I'm not saying healing and tanking is easy, but you never get the same 2 attempts as a DPS where-as with tanking and healing it's very much the same routine each time assuming nobody screws up - There's nearly always room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'm not saying healing and tanking is easy, but you never get the same 2 attempts as a DPS where-as with tanking and healing it's very much the same routine each time assuming nobody screws up - There's nearly always room for improvement.
    A tanks secondary job is dpsing anyway and it looks like they want healers to be the same, meaning the "always room for improvement" doesn't hold.

The real issue is that tanks and healers (in the wake of dealing with their own mechanics or reacting differently than dps do to others) often get to skip a lot of mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

What's the best tank class in-game currently, anyways? PVP-PVE switchable?

Enhancement shamans. Are we the only class that didn't actually lose a number of buttons? The only button I lost going from MoP to WoD was windlash totem. Which was replaced by another button. I have 10000000000 buttons to deal with.