Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    http://i.imgur.com/6YiuRhw.png US ladder - the first boomkin on the ladder is the 501st person....that's pathetic....absolutely pathetic...the spec is literally not even glad viable let alone r1 viable.
    Oh well, at least you know you can hit 2.2k+ as a boomkin, get skillz please.

But then again i do a little bad because i see ALOT of resto druids in the top ladders, pretty stupid... and i see some ferals, but boomkins have quite an advantage in rbgs, they're pretty much needed!

At least they NEED boomkins in a RBG rather than arena, its ok i guess... oh well druids have 3 pretty OP specs.

Can't deal with boomkin? reroll resto or feral, GG.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2015-02-16 at 03:39 PM.

The pool of players attempting to play boomkin to higher ratings is greatly diminished by the fact that resto is legitimately op. This is the case and has been for all classes with healing specs since the beginning of time. Representation has little to nothing to do with strength or viability of classes and especially these 4.

Ret is fine, feral is more than fine, spriest is strong, enhance is solid, brewmaster is in a great spot; boomkin also has all the tools necessary to do well. But none of them are going to ever be represented to any significant amount unless the spec is blatantly op or the meta hasn't adapted to shut it down (see: rets).

And no, WoD is less melee centric than any expansion before it. All expansions start with melee dominance and then taper out generally leading to caster domination towards the end. In WoD were already seeing a shift to caster domination in the middle of the first season at least at higher ratings.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2015-02-16 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

That 112k starsurge I just got hit by sure was underpowered.

Deleted
    Just looking at which rating the highest player of a class is is a terrible way of determining its strength. (And just fyi, some moonkins on EU are at 2.8k+. Melby played with Praii today at 2850 or something Moonkin/Rogue)

Ret is fine, feral is more than fine, spriest is strong, enhance is solid, brewmaster is in a great spot; boomkin also has all the tools necessary to do well. But none of them are going to ever be represented to any significant amount unless the spec is blatantly op or the meta hasn't adapted to shut it down (see: rets).
    I disagree with that statement. They are not fine when other classes significantly overpower them. Shadowpriest has exactly one working comp in 3s (godcomp), nobody takes an Enhancer because every other melee class save for monk has better mobility/damage/utility (pick 2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    I disagree with that statement. They are not fine when other classes significantly overpower them. Shadowpriest has exactly one working comp in 3s (godcomp), nobody takes an Enhancer because every other melee class save for monk has better mobility/damage/utility (pick 2).

this is nicely put and all true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    yeah, agree, buff moonkins in pvp
    buff moonkins in pvp
    buff moonkins
    Buff
    If you look at other class states you might reconsider... Druids in general have one of the biggest tool kits in the game. You have literally the strongest gas pedal in the game and one of the best survival cool downs in the game. No other class has as many options buffing boomkin would literally break pvp more then it has. I think boomkins are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

There are some impressive posts here
    "Druids in general are OP"
    I've clearly just proven that they aren't...

Resto is strong yes.
    Feral is not as strong as resto but still strong
    Boomkin is literally non EXISTENT in the US high rated meta.

Beefkow as i said in my original post...
    Being amazing in RBGS doesn't mean you should suck in arenas...
    Warlocks are amazing in RBGs and they are also amazing in arenas? I've completely just destroyed all logic that you had with that stat right there.

Twixtor "The best survival cooldowns in the game"
    Moonkin Survival CD = Barkskin 1 min cooldown 20% damage reduction. Am i missing something else or? Maybe im just bad or maybe asbur is just horrid at arena or maybe Maorimoron/luke 3k rated player in MOP is just terrible? I guess all the amazing players that achieved extremely high ratings all of a sudden just suck?

I'll be sure to tell asbur and Maorimoron that the Mmo PvP community think that they need to improve on their skills - despite the fact they've already proven that they are amazing players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    If you look at other class states you might reconsider... Druids in general have one of the biggest tool kits in the game. You have literally the strongest gas pedal in the game and one of the best survival cool downs in the game. No other class has as many options buffing boomkin would literally break pvp more then it has. I think boomkins are fine.
    Buffing moonkin would literally break PvP more then it has. I don't even know what to say to that? Moonkins are NOT FINE at all - if they were fine then MULTI R1 Moonkin players would be achieving high ratings on US - so explain to me y they aren't getting that rating? All of a sudden they just suck now or? or? or? Moonkins are terrible in the new META.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    That 112k starsurge I just got hit by sure was underpowered.
    ...................Have yet to hit anything above 80k with starsurge CD's popped in an arena situation.....sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....yeah. Not sure where that number is coming from. What's the bet your screenshot of the 112k is in temple of kotmogu and the moonkin has a 100% damage increase? Or a berserker buff....neither of which are available in arena which would make your post entirely pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The pool of players attempting to play boomkin to higher ratings is greatly diminished by the fact that resto is legitimately op. This is the case and has been for all classes with healing specs since the beginning of time. Representation has little to nothing to do with strength or viability of classes and especially these 4.

And no, WoD is less melee centric than any expansion before it. All expansions start with melee dominance and then taper out generally leading to caster domination towards the end. In WoD were already seeing a shift to caster domination in the middle of the first season at least at higher ratings.
    We have the tools necessary to do well....Ill be sure to tell the multi r1 3k rated Moonkins on US how to play their specs in arena.

Deleted
    Jens... are you trying to look retarded? Which point of the argument "Nobody plays moonkin because resto is op as fuck" don't you understand? You can't judge a speccs strenght solely on the representation on the ladder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    There are some impressive posts here
    "Druids in general are OP"
    I've clearly just proven that they aren't...

Resto is strong yes.
    Feral is not as strong as resto but still strong
    Boomkin is literally non EXISTENT in the US high rated meta.

Beefkow as i said in my original post...
    Being amazing in RBGS doesn't mean you should suck in arenas...
    Warlocks are amazing in RBGs and they are also amazing in arenas? I've completely just destroyed all logic that you had with that stat right there.

Twixtor "The best survival cooldowns in the game"
    Moonkin Survival CD = Barkskin 1 min cooldown 20% damage reduction. Am i missing something else or? Maybe im just bad or maybe asbur is just horrid at arena or maybe Maorimoron/luke 3k rated player in MOP is just terrible? I guess all the amazing players that achieved extremely high ratings all of a sudden just suck?

I'll be sure to tell asbur and Maorimoron that the Mmo PvP community think that they need to improve on their skills - despite the fact they've already proven that they are amazing players.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffing moonkin would literally break PvP more then it has. I don't even know what to say to that? Moonkins are NOT FINE at all - if they were fine then MULTI R1 Moonkin players would be achieving high ratings on US - so explain to me y they aren't getting that rating? All of a sudden they just suck now or? or? or? Moonkins are terrible in the new META.

- - - Updated - - -

...................Have yet to hit anything above 80k with starsurge CD's popped in an arena situation.....sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....yeah. Not sure where that number is coming from. What's the bet your screenshot of the 112k is in temple of kotmogu and the moonkin has a 100% damage increase? Or a berserker buff....neither of which are available in arena which would make your post entirely pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

We have the tools necessary to do well....Ill be sure to tell the multi r1 3k rated Moonkins on US how to play their specs in arena.

I'll be sure to tell the 3k resto druid that :'].

Maybe you aren't playing your class correctly? My friends who actually play boomkin in RBGs and arenas 2.2k+ have no issue so i can't understand why you are crying about a 80k starsurge hit or maybe........... when a boomkin walks into a arena all the enemies should just die. I have never seen a class be able to global someone in 3 star surges. PVP is about lining up kills with your partner if you wan't properly do that then don't both playing 2.2k or up. I've seen starsurges crit for insane numbers and ontop of that it isn't a viable option to go on a boomkin due to giving them instant casts.

i honestly don't know what you are getting at to be honest. Sure boomkin isn't as overpowered as feral or resto druid but surely doesn't need a buff. most people playing on the upper ladders don't bother with boomkin considering how strong feral and rdruid is so... the whole idea basing your class of a ladder is not right. Want to see a problem look at windwalker monks and we got people thinking boomkin are under powered.

I can't even..

Here's the EU ladder please tell me how your class isn't preforming. I don't mean to come off strong but realllllllyyyyyy.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

tl;dr if you think this class is in bad spot switch specs it's just you.
    Last edited by Sickjen; 2015-02-18 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

looks like you need to step up your game, buddy
    http://www.twitch.tv/metaclassx/c/5920512
    not to mention, even if they only did reach ~80k that'd still be harder than chaos bolts or any other caster abilities, despite being instant cast and usable 3x in a row lol

moonkings are the best casters right now, if resto druids weren't so dominant as healers, you'd see a lot more moonkings

"moonkins are the best casters right now"
    LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    I'll be sure to tell the 3k resto druid that :'].

Maybe you aren't playing your class correctly? My friends who actually play boomkin in RBGs and arenas 2.2k+ have no issue so i can't understand why you are crying about a 80k starsurge hit or maybe........... when a boomkin walks into a arena all the enemies should just die. I have never seen a class be able to global someone in 3 star surges. PVP is about lining up kills with your partner if you wan't properly do that then don't both playing 2.2k or up. I've seen starsurges crit for insane numbers and ontop of that it isn't a viable option to go on a boomkin due to giving them instant casts.

i honestly don't know what you are getting at to be honest. Sure boomkin isn't as overpowered as feral or resto druid but surely doesn't need a buff. most people playing on the upper ladders don't bother with boomkin considering how strong feral and rdruid is so... the whole idea basing your class of a ladder is not right. Want to see a problem look at windwalker monks and we got people thinking boomkin are under powered.

I can't even..

Here's the EU ladder please tell me how your class isn't preforming. I don't mean to come off strong but realllllllyyyyyy.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

tl;dr if you think this class is in bad spot switch specs it's just you.
    Holy moley man did you say your teammates are doing well with boomkin at 2.2k arena rating + that's really impressive except for the fact that the top rated players are 700 rating above you...but i guess if theyre doing well at 2.2k they're viable right?
    Impressive statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    Jens... are you trying to look retarded? Which point of the argument "Nobody plays moonkin because resto is op as fuck" don't you understand? You can't judge a speccs strenght solely on the representation on the ladder.
    Im judging moonkin on personal experience....what does a moonkin offer now in 3s? Do we do spread pressure constantly? or every 3 minutes? Do we have a lot of CC still? Not really? Their are a abysmal amount of counters to root solar beam which is just destroying a moonkins way of getting pressure out....cyclone is still good - range is lowered and it dr's with fear so it's broken a few comps namely warrior moonkin rsham...
    Maybe im just washed up dude and so is maorimoron and asbur....maybe all the top rated moonkins on US on mop just suddenly suck now? Or for some unknown reason they have all stopped doing 3v3 arena on their moonkins....i wonder why they've done that? Surely it's not because moonkins are completely horrid and you never see one at high ratings 2800-3k....i guess they we all just suddenly suck now.

So your saying nobody plays moonkin because resto is OP....except maorimoron and asbur and other multi 3k rated moonkins still play moonkin but can't seem to break 2600/2700? It must be because resto is OP im sure....

Deleted
    So having 2 viable specs in arena isn't enough?

Picked wrong class, if you want to be a viable caster dps then pick a pure caster, because at least 1 spec for each class is viable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    You can outplay any class, you just have to be a God, and hope the other players aren't Godlyerrrrrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post

Picked wrong class, if you want to be a viable caster dps then pick a pure caster, because at least 1 spec for each class is viable.
    Telling a moonkin to play resto is like telling a mage to go play a healer.....i chose to play moonkin because i want to be a caster dps with cyclone.....blizzard have struggled for so long to make moonkins consistently viable.....i can't play feral because of my latency and i don't want to heal?
    Your argument is really stupid? Going resto is a bandaid fix? y not just fix moonkins so i can play arena as the role i want to play it as? What if blizzard like...did their job and like.........you know....made specs viable for arena? if resto is viable why the hell can't moonkin be viable? It's literally the same thing except i do damage. The way moonkins do damage in arena in comparison to everyone else is effing stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    You can outplay any class, you just have to be a God, and hope the other players aren't Godlyerrrrrrr...
    To a certain rating yes...beyond that rating it's LITERALLY just based on whos playing the strongest comp...
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-02-20 at 08:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Telling a moonkin to play resto is like telling a mage to go play a healer.....i chose to play moonkin because i want to be a caster dps with cyclone.....blizzard have struggled for so long to make moonkins consistently viable.....i can't play feral because of my latency and i don't want to heal?
    Your argument is really stupid? Going resto is a bandaid fix? y not just fix moonkins so i can play arena as the role i want to play it as? What if blizzard like...did their job and like.........you know....made specs viable for arena? if resto is viable why the hell can't moonkin be viable? It's literally the same thing except i do damage. The way moonkins do damage in arena in comparison to everyone else is effing stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

To a certain rating yes...beyond that rating it's LITERALLY just based on whos playing the strongest comp...
    You can break 2.1k with any comp this season. Serious

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    You can break 2.1k with any comp this season. Serious
    2.1k rating? OMG dude thank god ill be able to get to a rating that is 900 rating below the highest rated player....what if i want to get rank 1 gladiator this season as moonkin on US? is it possible? Very doubtful considering all the other r1 boomies aren't even getting into glad range let alone r1 range....

What is peoples reasoning behind "You can get to this certain rating though"
    The only rating that most high rated PvPers accept when their class is viable is rank one rating? 2900-3k?
    Whats the point of getting 2.1k? it is LITERALLY pointless it's like playing in a season of soccer/football and aiming to come 5th? When i arena i don't want to get 2.1k i want to go as high as anyone else can with any spec? Moonkins and elemental shamans are currently in the same boat as neither of those specs can achieve anything close to what other specs can achieve....buff the hell out of moonkins please.

- - - Updated - - -

So no one else has anything to say other than "moonkins can play any comp and get to 2.1k"
    Do the Devs read this?
    Do they look on the ladders to see what's struggling and what's not?

If a spec isn't being played it means it sucks...or because other specs are OP....so what do you do? You either nerf the OP specs or you buff everyone to be OP so it's balanced in a sense....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post

Okay then with your reasoning it's okay for arms warriors and glad warriors to completely suck in arena but fury to be viable only?
    It's okay for only frost mages to be viable and fire/arcane to suck?
    It's okay for resto shamans to be viable and ele/enhance to suck?
    It's okay for hunters MM to be viable but the other 2 specs to suck?
    It's okay for affliction to be viable only but demo and destro suck?
    It's okay for Mistweaver to be viable but ww to suck?
    It's okay for holy priest to be viable but disc and shadow to suck?
    It's okay for holy paladins to be viable but for ret to suck?
    It's okay for frost dk to be viable but unholy to suck?
    It's okay for combat to be viable but sub and assassination to suck?
    It's okay for resto to be viable but feral and boomkin to suck?

This is using your logic...
    I also like how your signature is about Demo warlocks getting nerfed.....stop complaining dude "you just picked the wrong class".
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-02-21 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this real? Balance is very strong right now at everything. The only reason you don't see the ladder flooded with boomkins is likely because all 3 specs are not only viable right now, but in fact extremely strong. Not only that but resto is far and away the best healing spec and both feral and resto are already more heavily played and it makes complete sense why there's not hundreds of boomkins on the ladder. It has literally nothing to do with how weak or strong the class is.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin is "okay"

it's not highly represented because it's not highly played.

10+ Year Old Account
    2.1k rating? OMG dude thank god ill be able to get to a rating that is 900 rating below the highest rated player....what if i want to get rank 1 gladiator this season as moonkin on US? is it possible? Very doubtful considering all the other r1 boomies aren't even getting into glad range let alone r1 range....
    That has a lot more to do with non R-Druid healers sucking than boomkins being weak. Resto druids are just that strong right now and having 2 druids would be terrible at high level play, no synergy. Also if you're whining that balance is weak right now I'm sorry but you're not getting glad and definitely not getting r1 so don't worry about it.

What is peoples reasoning behind "You can get to this certain rating though"
    The only rating that most high rated PvPers accept when their class is viable is rank one rating? 2900-3k?
    Whats the point of getting 2.1k? it is LITERALLY pointless it's like playing in a season of soccer/football and aiming to come 5th? When i arena i don't want to get 2.1k i want to go as high as anyone else can with any spec? Moonkins and elemental shamans are currently in the same boat as neither of those specs can achieve anything close to what other specs can achieve....buff the hell out of moonkins please.
    Like I said you're not getting r1 anyway, don't worry about it. Elemental shamans and boomkins are two different animals. Balance is god tier in 2s and the 3rd best caster in 3s after frost mages and aff locks. Like I said before it's not that balance is weak, it's that having 2 druids would be terrible and rdruids are waaayyy too powerful and the others probably need a buff. I'd say the only reason balance is behind locks and mages is due to them being able to run stronger comps, but judging the specs on their own merits and balance is probably at least as strong as either of them if not stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    That has a lot more to do with non R-Druid healers sucking than boomkins being weak. Resto druids are just that strong right now and having 2 druids would be terrible at high level play, no synergy. Also if you're whining that balance is weak right now I'm sorry but you're not getting glad and definitely not getting r1 so don't worry about it.

Like I said you're not getting r1 anyway, don't worry about it. Elemental shamans and boomkins are two different animals. Balance is god tier in 2s and the 3rd best caster in 3s after frost mages and aff locks. Like I said before it's not that balance is weak, it's that having 2 druids would be terrible and rdruids are waaayyy too powerful and the others probably need a buff. I'd say the only reason balance is behind locks and mages is due to them being able to run stronger comps, but judging the specs on their own merits and balance is probably at least as strong as either of them if not stronger.
    Okay mate - ill be sure to tell the multi 3k rated Moonkins on US that they suck...
    People on forums are unbelievably idiotic...

Moonkins aren't played because resto is OP true
    Moonkins also suck coincidently which is why they aren't played....

If moonkins are so damn good 3rd best PvP caster - then why has asbur and maorimoron and iamzod failed to get to r1 ratings? Is it because resto is just too OP or is it that moonkins are horrible and it has nothing to do with resto being overpowered?

Do you guys actually read what you say after you've written it?
    "balance is god tier in 2s" = Is that literally one of your arguments? That they are god tier in 2s so they should suck in 3s?

Stop speaking to me as if im like some retard 1500 boomkin. I vs'ed and beat many streamers before everyone was in full gear and just like usual Moonkins are so inconsistent because of blizzards poor design of stat scaling for the spec....i want everyone on this forum thread to go ask the top rated players on US about moonkins and tell me what they say....cos apparently you all think we are fine if not overpowered but ratings show the complete opposite....If moonkins were fine and somewhat OP wouldn't more people be playing them?
    Stop kidding yourselves - Moonkin is awful and needs buffs...

Like honestly stop basing your opinions of low ratings nobody gives an F about that stuff...you either play hardcore arena and get to the top or you play for fun and sit at a low rating....
    Moonkins currently on US cannot reach a high rating....it's not because resto is broken it's because moonkins are TERRIBLE....we don't do as much consistent pressure as a warlock and we do less CC now than ever because stoneform has completely just destroyed Root solar beams counterplay..

http://i.imgur.com/XWatyfi.png I guess all those r1 Moonkins "Iamzod,Luke,asbur" just suck? Or have suddenly just shelved their moonkins? I wonder why they did that - OFCOURSE - IT MUST BE BECAUSE RESTO IS OVERPOWERED - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER WITH MOONKINS ACTUALLY BEING TERRIBLE.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-02-21 at 11:16 PM.