Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Molite View Post
    Hey I want to build a computer under $500. I'm going to raid Mythic and need 1080p with High settings at 40fps. Is this possible? I don't need any peripherals.
    Hey man if you want to raid mythic and have high fps you need a HIGH END CPU processor, looking at your budget i would spend atleast $175 on a CPU all you really need for a raiding pc is.

motherboard
    psu
    cpu
    gfx card
    hard drive
    case

I f you already have some of these then i would suggest dumping all your money on CPU + Motherboard/graphics card. But the most important thing is the processor man i cannot stress this enough

Hey man thanks, I already got the G3258 and overclocked it does the job !

CPU VCORE would be the one you want to look at, it should be the first one listed under voltages (at least it is on mine). Those temps are great btw, and anything under 1.3v is perfect for that stock cooler

Also Intel stock cooler sucky might have to upgrade. Temps are good but installation was a pain Because it wouldnt sit all the way down Had to reseat and replace thermal paste several times.

Wanted to point out just in case you missed it the stock cooler has a pad of thermal material pre-applied. If you did not remove it and added more thermal compound that could potentially cause higher temps and keep you from overclocking higher. Its also important that you remove all thermal material from heatsink and cpu and reapply when reseating.

We all overlook the simplest things on the first build but thats how we learn
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Wasn't able to get it past 4.2 GHz, any further and Windows wouldn't start for some reason.

Wasn't able to get it past 4.2 GHz, any further and Windows wouldn't start for some reason.
    Update: Was able to OC to 4..4 with 1.275 voltage. Wouldn't work before because I didn't know which voltage to change. Changed the CPU Core Voltage to 1.275.

Some more pics running at 60 even in raid.
    http://imgur.com/a/fJira

Thats awesome man, ya i should have made that clear you would need to up volts to get above the 4.2-4.3 range

That stock cooler is doing well also, anything under 70c is great.