Haste vs Multi for Combat?

Alright, so I was wondering if any of you have had different experiences... I've been toying around with Mr.Robot and browsing players rankings. I've noticed that Combat Rogues seem pretty split and on some fights, more of the ranked rogues are stacking Multistrike...

Currently my ilvl is 666 and I was pulling around the 23-24k mark on most fights in heroic HM stacking haste. Well I did some toying around after checking stats and specs and decided to stack Multistrike just to try due to my underwhelming numbers for my spec and ended up pulling 28-30k in normals.

So I ask, is 1 stat head and shoulders above the other? or is it a playstyle / preference issue?

Amazing Sig by Eis!

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    Alright, so I was wondering if any of you have had different experiences... I've been toying around with Mr.Robot and browsing players rankings. I've noticed that Combat Rogues seem pretty split and on some fights, more of the ranked rogues are stacking Multistrike...

Currently my ilvl is 666 and I was pulling around the 23-24k mark on most fights in heroic HM stacking haste. Well I did some toying around after checking stats and specs and decided to stack Multistrike just to try due to my underwhelming numbers for my spec and ended up pulling 28-30k in normals.

So I ask, is 1 stat head and shoulders above the other? or is it a playstyle / preference issue?
    Haste is the best stat for combat,and there is no question about that. The reason why you see ranked rogues going multistrike,is becouse most ranked rogues are subtlety MS ,considering that subtlety is by far the best rogue single target,so most fights where they rank as combat is in OS,with sub gear.
    No one is crazy enough to regem/reenchant for a few cleave fights,especially since multistrike is second best ,so it is not much of a loss anyway. Hope this helps

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We typically only use combat for cleave fights, where haste=ms with 2 targets, and ms>haste with 3+ targets, basically.

Haste is defs the stat you want when doing SINGLE target dps.
    However as soon as it becomes 2 targets or more, you want multistrike, the more targets there are the more valuable multistrike becomes.
    In Blackrock Foundry, most fights having a decent amount of cleave in them, Its just easier to have a full multistrike gear set, and go Sub single target, and then Combat for the cleaves seeing as they both share the top stat.
    But again Haste is what you want for SINGLE target.

Whilst its true that multistrike is better than haste at 3+ targets, haste is a lot better than multistrike single target.

So you have to consider what your uptime on adds is. If you're spending 20% of the fight on adds and 80% of the fight single target is multistrike really better than haste? Someone much better at theorycrafting and maths could probably weigh in on it more than I can, but it seems to me that if you're losing say, 500 single target dps using multistrike enchants, then those multistrike enchants would have to give you more than a 2k dps increase in the multitarget phase of the fight over haste enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    best stat for rogue is spirit or indestructible.

Infracted: spam.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2015-02-14 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    Whilst its true that multistrike is better than haste at 3+ targets, haste is a lot better than multistrike single target.

So you have to consider what your uptime on adds is. If you're spending 20% of the fight on adds and 80% of the fight single target is multistrike really better than haste? Someone much better at theorycrafting and maths could probably weigh in on it more than I can, but it seems to me that if you're losing say, 500 single target dps using multistrike enchants, then those multistrike enchants would have to give you more than a 2k dps increase in the multitarget phase of the fight over haste enchants.
    You also have to consider what the priority target is in the fight. If there are adds that spawn that need killing ASAP, while boss health doesn't really matter too much, it's again in favour of MS as losing some overall deeps to gain damage on the adds is a worthwhile trade.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're prepared to collect two sets of gear and swap gems and enchants per encounter then your best bet is to go for MS unless you play strictly Combat, but as has been pointed out already, you should be Sub for single target and Combat for cleave fights (most encounters in BRF)

wait i think adding more haste should fix it try that and see.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”