Deleted

Question Isn't Lone Wolf betterwith 4s set bonus on single target fights?

I mean 2s and 4s set bonuses for SV.
    So, I ve checked a few logs, and gave it a try, and I think it is ahead of Focusing Shot.
    Correct me If I am wrong.
    Last edited by mmoccf278a5b22; 2015-02-14 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    can you link some of the logs that made you come to this conclusion?

Deleted
    With lucky lnl procs I wouldn't be surprised at all if lw pulls ahead, but it's not because of 4set, it's because of 2set.

Deleted
    It's not so much about the combination of single target+tier set, but adding in significant amounts of movement as well. Especially if it is spontaneous, e.g. Cave In and Flare fireballs on Gruul. Then there's also the Overhead Smash and possibly having to move away from another player during Petrify.
    In my opinion, that's just too many movement factors to constantly play around for a gain of possibly 1-2k DPS if you manage to do everything absolutely perfectly to not cancel a single FS. It just seems less consistent and more prone to stupid deaths during progression.
    You can still try to get some perfect FS try during farm eventually if you care about rankings. Then again, if you get 42% uptime on the Scales proc like the guy with the highest parse currently, results will be good no matter what you play :P
    Another thing to factor in for Gruul is that with a fight length of just under 6 minutes, it's as good as it gets for Stampede. Which in turn works better for LW than it does for FS.

Just don't look at Gruul looking for a single target fight and draw the conclusion that the choices there are best for all single target situations.

Quote Originally Posted by valtari View Post
    It's not so much about the combination of single target+tier set, but adding in significant amounts of movement as well. Especially if it is spontaneous, e.g. Cave In and Flare fireballs on Gruul. Then there's also the Overhead Smash and possibly having to move away from another player during Petrify.
    In my opinion, that's just too many movement factors to constantly play around for a gain of possibly 1-2k DPS if you manage to do everything absolutely perfectly to not cancel a single FS. It just seems less consistent and more prone to stupid deaths during progression.
    You can still try to get some perfect FS try during farm eventually if you care about rankings. Then again, if you get 42% uptime on the Scales proc like the guy with the highest parse currently, results will be good no matter what you play :P
    Another thing to factor in for Gruul is that with a fight length of just under 6 minutes, it's as good as it gets for Stampede. Which in turn works better for LW than it does for FS.

Just don't look at Gruul looking for a single target fight and draw the conclusion that the choices there are best for all single target situations.
    Thing is though. Interrupting a couple of Focusing Shots don't instantly make it worse than Lone Wolf.
    In fact you'd have to be really bad and or unlucky to have FS lose out due to these random things. Especially on a fight like gruul

Overhead Smash is a non factor, because:
    a) The cast is 5 seconds, plenty of time for you to finish your focusing shot and move out.
    b) During the bezerk phase you can time your focusing shots easily so you always have focus SHOULD you need to move.

And even in the case that you're at like 0 focus and have to move right away there are other options that hunters have.
    - Aspect of the Fox allows you to move and cast FS
    - Arcane Torrent (if you're an awesome blood elf like me) practically always gives enough focus for another AS / ES.
    - Explosive Trap is free to cast while you move, its not optimal but it's something.
    - Toggling back on Aspect of the Cheetah should it have fallen off is something you can do.

-------

@OP

I'm pretty sure the calculations have already been made that we won't be going back to LW.

Basically it comes down to these factors:
    1) We love multistrike not just because of the extra damage, but because arcane shot multistrikes also trigger Serpent Sting procs (at full damage).
    2) BRF gives us a ton of multistrike gear, more so than HM did.
    3) Focusing Shot allows us to fire of a SUBSTANTIAL higher amount of arcane shots

1+2+3 makes FS the best option. The tier set does give LW more power, but the simple fact that we get so much more multistrike from BRF gear offsets that pretty easily.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the basic train of thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    1) We love multistrike not just because of the extra damage, but because arcane shot multistrikes also trigger Serpent Sting procs (at full damage).
    Wait, wait, WAIT. Does this apply to multishot as well? This is embarassing, I thought I could play hunter

Deleted
    43% trinket uptime will do wonders for your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by satenito View Post
    Wait, wait, WAIT. Does this apply to multishot as well? This is embarassing, I thought I could play hunter
    Yep /10char

Thing is though. Interrupting a couple of Focusing Shots don't instantly make it worse than Lone Wolf.
    In fact you'd have to be really bad and or unlucky to have FS lose out due to these random things. Especially on a fight like gruul

Overhead Smash is a non factor, because:
    a) The cast is 5 seconds, plenty of time for you to finish your focusing shot and move out.
    b) During the bezerk phase you can time your focusing shots easily so you always have focus SHOULD you need to move.

And even in the case that you're at like 0 focus and have to move right away there are other options that hunters have.
    - Aspect of the Fox allows you to move and cast FS
    - Arcane Torrent (if you're an awesome blood elf like me) practically always gives enough focus for another AS / ES.
    - Explosive Trap is free to cast while you move, its not optimal but it's something.
    - Toggling back on Aspect of the Cheetah should it have fallen off is something you can do.
    On gruul theres alot of ''unexpected'' movement. Random fire balls, sometimes a smash (which is 2-3sec not 5) sometimes a cave-in, not exactly things you can plan around as effectively as you can on other fights. You'll overcap alot of focus or lose GCDs fairly easy using FS on that fight. Its not something you can ignore. Even though fs seems to be the way to go on most fights, I do think LW can outpreform FS on gruul currently (+ other factors mentioned). As it so happens to be, handicapping yourself when there is another viable option available isnt always and ever the best choice, no matter how much TC you throw at it.

Deleted

@OP

I'm pretty sure the calculations have already been made that we won't be going back to LW.

Basically it comes down to these factors:
    2) BRF gives us a ton of multistrike gear, more so than HM did.
    3) Focusing Shot allows us to fire of a SUBSTANTIAL higher amount of arcane shots

1+2+3 makes FS the best option. The tier set does give LW more power, but the simple fact that we get so much more multistrike from BRF gear offsets that pretty easily.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the basic train of thought.
    You are Correct, the calculations have been made. But with a different result you would expect. With the 2pc bonus and on single target fights, LW is slightly ahead of FS. Even with Bis gear. With the added bonus of beeing free to move at anytime, there is no reason NOT to specc LW on fights like Gruul, Oregorger and maybe Blackhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    You are Correct, the calculations have been made. But with a different result you would expect. With the 2pc bonus and on single target fights, LW is slightly ahead of FS. Even with Bis gear. With the added bonus of beeing free to move at anytime, there is no reason NOT to specc LW on fights like Gruul, Oregorger and maybe Blackhand.
    According to my sims, FS > LW by 100 dps with 4pc

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    Ye I just read that they changed it today. A few days back they were convinced FS would remain superior for the reasons I stated.

I can see how LW can become better on fights where you won't need barrage though.

Neither really seems better than the other, its probably far more choice now.