starfall Nerf really a Nerf?

Isn't it like 20% of spell power on live and 35% in ptr?

No, its 35%. It's definitely a 16.6% nerf, but it's really, really not a big deal. You'll be fine and won't be shelved like Glad Stance warrior.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

dat mythic beastmaster dps though... starfall is like 55% of my damage :O

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    dat mythic beastmaster dps though... starfall is like 55% of my damage :O
    One fight/boss but really like we need a nerf to spell like SF. Warriors/rogues and locks have better AOE, I seen warriors push 200-250k dps burst on some fights with a lot of adds... Only good thing i liked was Koragon?!? and when raid is in "hands" ( yeah im to lazy to remember the names ) and when i use SF, I have like 3x more dmg then 2nd on them

Instead it should be buffed to be on par with other classes AoE spells

I always knew that Starfall was bound for a nerf. ~17% isn't that much thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    No, its 35%. It's definitely a 16.6% nerf, but it's really, really not a big deal. You'll be fine and won't be shelved like Glad Stance warrior.
    I thought 35% spell power is only on the 6.1 PTR?

Guess I was wrong, did some target dummy testing, its definitely 35%.

Nerf is probably related to PVP. PVE wise, starfall isn't broken dps except in very unique spread aoe circumstances. I doubt blizzard would nerf a spell because of 1 or 2 fights total.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2015-02-14 at 05:47 PM.

It's been 35% since the October 30 hotfixes when Starfall was buffed 75% (from 20% sp to 35%). There just hasn't been an actual patch since then to fix the tooltip.

Deleted
    Doubt it's for pvp. Afaik they nerfed it by 33% (?) pvp-only when they buffed the spell. My bet would be it was a thorn in their eyes for a while, and now Kromog just triggered the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    One fight/boss but really like we need a nerf to spell like SF. Warriors/rogues and locks have better AOE, I seen warriors push 200-250k dps burst on some fights with a lot of adds... Only good thing i liked was Koragon?!? and when raid is in "hands" ( yeah im to lazy to remember the names ) and when i use SF, I have like 3x more dmg then 2nd on them

Instead it should be buffed to be on par with other classes AoE spells
    It's iffy though because that's burst dps on adds that are all clumped. Balance still shines on spread AoE like Kromog, and you can pretty much roll nonstop Starfall as long as you need to.

so there is no nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a sizable nerf. Maybe now Boomkins won't be 10 of the top parses in the world for Beastlord.

Yea, it's a pretty big nerf for anything with sustained aoe. I'm a bit baffled are trying to say 16% is not 16% though!

It was needed, coming from a boomkin. I'm surprised it hasn't been nerfed by a larger amount. We'll be just fine..

they already gave it a pvp specific hotfix nerf in december, so now I think starfall is doing almost half the damage it was doing on release in pvp

0.65*0.834=0.5421

lol (assuming that that nerf is still included)

Definitely lucky to get away with 16%.

Remember Bear Thrash?

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    I doubt blizzard would nerf a spell because of 1 or 2 fights total.
    You did a funny.