Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnmean View Post
    I find it strange that they implement a mana regen mechanic like this for shaman in WoD. Paladins had a similar mechanic back in the day (judging seal of insight) and they removed it because it was a boring housekeeping task. As a talent it pretty much kills choice for that tier.
    I don't think the problem is that Elemental Blast is boring, but that everything else in that tier is both even more boring and quite useless. Unleashed Fury has always been an uninspired talent and Primal Elementalist has always felt rather weird (why have a talent that basically turns your pet into a totem?). Rather than the current mess of talents, we should have just had a mana regeneration tier like priests have, with options like Elemental Blast, a passive buff to Water Shield and a personal version of Mana Tide Totem (or whatever). Then anyone who likes the active mana regeneration of EB can have that, and anyone who would rather skip it could pick something else that gave comparable mana returns.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I love the choice in the teir, imho its our best talent teir. Choosing between regen and thoughput creates interesting choices just makes it hard to ballance

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    I love the choice in the teir, imho its our best talent teir. Choosing between regen and thoughput creates interesting choices just makes it hard to ballance
    Except regen is throughput and secondary stats is also throughput. Unless you have 0 mana problems ever EB is the clear choice.

Unleash Life is pretty good, actually, especially on Hanz/Franz.

Deleted
    But Hanz and Franz might be the only fight where it is even remotely useful compared to elemental blast since there is basically 0 damage during the whole fight except for some nearly tank oneshots.

Sorry but I don't think any of the other talents comes close to elemental blast. In every fight you will have small breaks where you can use it to get some mana regen and the stat buff is nice to have.
    UE is horrible hps and hpm wise since you have to waste a gcd to get a 100% increased heal on one target, so the only situation where this might be useful is in fights where you have hard singletarget hits and you know when they are coming.
    The Elementals would be nice but the fact that they have high manacosts themselves kinda sucks.

Basically with the way healing works now, having more mana and thus being able to flashheal/spam CH in dire situations is far more useful than any of the other talents.
    At least I feel that in most figths where healing is an issue you will wipe at the second your healers run out of mana.

I think it would be nice if they made the entire tier modify unleash life like unleashed fury. Take out ele blast and make unleash life give 3% mana back or so... instead of primal ele make your next cast instant after casting unleash life... or extend riptides in some way. That would make it better imo.

Euh I cant find this in the patch notes anymore...

Did it get removed or ?

- - - Updated - - -

Euh I cant find this in the patch notes anymore...

Did it get removed or ?

Nvm found it on US notes:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-1-23-2015#shaman

why the hell isn't EU up to date..

Quote Originally Posted by BigCheese View Post
    But Hanz and Franz might be the only fight where it is even remotely useful compared to elemental blast since there is basically 0 damage during the whole fight except for some nearly tank oneshots.

Sorry but I don't think any of the other talents comes close to elemental blast. In every fight you will have small breaks where you can use it to get some mana regen and the stat buff is nice to have.
    UE is horrible hps and hpm wise since you have to waste a gcd to get a 100% increased heal on one target, so the only situation where this might be useful is in fights where you have hard singletarget hits and you know when they are coming.
    The Elementals would be nice but the fact that they have high manacosts themselves kinda sucks.

Basically with the way healing works now, having more mana and thus being able to flashheal/spam CH in dire situations is far more useful than any of the other talents.
    At least I feel that in most figths where healing is an issue you will wipe at the second your healers run out of mana.
    Now that I have the 4p, on most fights Chain Heal is something like 40-50% of my healing, so I'm basically forced to run EB. I do run UL on Hanz and Franz but only because there isn't a ton of raid damage. You're right about basically requiring EB, the spirit buff is huge and really helpful.

Then again, it's not exactly uncommon for one talent to be WAY better than the other ones in that tier. Hell, that's how High Tide is too. The air elemental is beyond shit and Cloudburst isn't nearly as useful as I thought it was.

Deleted
    EB is superior only because other talents are garbage. You can try any other talent in this tier but no point imo. As someone said why do we have talent that changes elemental into pet and we change it into buff? Would be better to get passive buff every 2,.5m at least we would save some gcd. Hate whole tier tbh. EB should be instant or shoot into friendly player healing/giving buff.

Deleted
    i think the buffs us shamans got are near perfect honestly, the new echo of the elements talent makes resto feel super smooth again IMO, double riptide for spot healing, double unleash for high movement fights and double SLT for bosses such as flamebender ka'graz because you can SLT both firestorms on mythic! its a very nice buff and im very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Fragssgaming View Post
    i think the buffs us shamans got are near perfect honestly, the new echo of the elements talent makes resto feel super smooth again IMO, double riptide for spot healing, double unleash for high movement fights and double SLT for bosses such as flamebender ka'graz because you can SLT both firestorms on mythic! its a very nice buff and im very happy
    I couldn't agree more. I got my first 6.1 heroic brf run in last night using echo and I was impressed with how much different a little change like that can make on my playstyle. I feel its a lot easier to manage things now without having to worry about missing a riptide.

Quote Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I got my first 6.1 heroic brf run in last night using echo and I was impressed with how much different a little change like that can make on my playstyle. I feel its a lot easier to manage things now without having to worry about missing a riptide.
    I agree too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiznitz View Post
    i have a low haste Rating, would you still recommend using echo then? already feel so slow even with 5% more haste..

here's my Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i have a low haste Rating, would you still recommend using echo then? already feel so slow even with 5% more haste..
    Your haste isn't that low. Realistically, you're not going to save anyone by casting 5% faster anyway. Unless they would have died in the split second between a non-Swiftness Healing Surge landing and an AS Healing Surge landing, it didn't make any difference. The instant heal is handy, but after not having it a while you come to realize that the people you were instant-healing would almost always have lived long enough for a Healing Surge anyway.

Hard to say which talent actually returns in higher overall throughput, though. Much of the benefit of Echo of the Elements is that more (and better timed) Riptides gives you more value from High Tide and gives you more Riptided options for who to initially cast your Chain Heal on. Since that's extremely dependent on raid size, positioning and the specifics of every encounter, you're unlikely to get any meaningful data from a simulation unless you simulate a hundred different scenarios. The extra charge on Unleash Life can also make a non-trivial difference on very mobile fights.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.